Author Topic: FORD POSTS FULL YEAR PROFIT FOR 2009; FOURTH QUARTER 2009 NET INCOME OF $868 MIL  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Specbid

•Full year net income of $2.7 billion, or 86 cents per share, a $17.5 billion improvement from a year ago. Pre-tax operating profits of $454 million, a $7.3 billion improvement from a year ago++
•Fourth quarter net income of $868 million, or 25 cents per share, a $6.8 billion improvement from a year ago. Pre-tax operating profits of $1.8 billion, a $5.5 billion improvement from a year ago++
•Ford North America fourth quarter pre-tax operating profits of $707 million, a $2.6 billion improvement from a year ago++
•Reduced Automotive structural costs by $500 million compared with the fourth quarter 2008, bringing the total 2009 reduction to $5.1 billion, exceeding the target of about $4 billion
•Strong products drove full year market share gains in North America, South America and Europe as well as continued improvements in transaction prices and margins
•Ended the year with $25.5 billion of Automotive gross cash and $34.3 billion in Automotive debt
•Achieved positive Automotive operating-related cash flow of $3.1 billion for the fourth quarter. Full year Automotive operating-related cash outflow was $300 million, a $19.2 billion improvement over 2008
•Ford Credit fourth quarter pre-tax operating profits of $696 million, a $1.1 billion improvement from a year ago
•For full year 2010, Ford plans to be profitable on a pre-tax basis excluding special items, for North America, total Automotive and total company, with positive Automotive operating-related cash flow, based on its assumptions

Offline Specbid

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
The only one of the big three that didn't take bailout money from Obama.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Specbid

Yup...took their big hit before everyone else. Restructured, new CEO, fewer models...so far so good. Can't wait for them to start paying dividends again.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
I don`t like Ford vehicles but loving the Ford stock I bought last year at 2.35/share. :cheersmate:

Offline Specbid

I don`t like Ford vehicles but loving the Ford stock I bought last year at 2.35/share. :cheersmate:

I didn't get it that cheap (@$4) but I'm very pleased.

Love my F-150, even with the hole in the oil pan I should have fixed today.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 08:20:43 AM by Specbid »

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
No bailout money, profit for the year during a recession....

Hmmmmm, there's a lesson here, I'm sure of it....

:-)
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself