Author Topic: Google  (Read 2253 times)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Google
« on: January 28, 2010, 10:05:59 AM »
An eye-opening article about Google, itself, not just the browser, but anybody that uses Google as a Search Engine:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=123391
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline thundley4

Re: Google
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 11:01:17 AM »
Albrecht said the government may also subpoena citizens' private information after it has been stored by Google, Yahoo and Bing. In a December 2009 interview with CNBC, Google CEO Eric Schmidt divulged that search engines may turn over citizens' private information to the government.

Sounds like we're screwed either way unless we use StartPage.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 11:05:35 AM »
I did a test that I did on Bing. Bing returned no results and StartPage returned similar results as Google. I switched my search engine to StartPage
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 11:22:11 AM »
If big brother wants info on your surfing habits he can get it, no problem. You would have to be in some serious shit for them to take your computer, but if they did it's all over. There is no privacy on the internet. :naughty:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.