Author Topic: Doug's ex-wife can't get butter to melt  (Read 5704 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Re: Doug's ex-wife can't get butter to melt
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 12:39:10 PM »
EFerrari  (1000+ posts)        Sun Jan-24-10 07:29 PM
#03 TOP PRIMITIVE OF 2009; DOUG'S EX-WIFE
Original message

I put out two sticks of butter to get to room temp 5 hours ago for some pie crust and I think they're harder now than they were this morning. Sheesh, I'm like a totally spoiled CA girl that expects room temperature to be warmer than the frig.

Last night I put together some baked chicken with basil, some mild red beans and this red rice. If you like red rice, you'll like this recipe from Mark Miller aka, the Coyote Cafe guy. It's not squishy and the seasoning is perfect:

What a waste of a perfectly good chicken.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 12:42:30 PM »
What a waste of a perfectly good chicken.
Nah. She's just bragging about having a camper stove big enough to get a chicken in it.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2010, 12:45:11 PM »
What kind of pie crust uses room temperature butter? The colder the ingredients (including the flour) the flakier the crust.

Cindie

I was wondering that too. I never make it from scratch anymore (I love the premade in a box in in the dairy section)....but when I learned to make pie crust from scratch a hundred years ago in home ec class....we used lard right out of the refrigerator and ice water.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2010, 01:07:11 PM »

I was wondering that too. I never make it from scratch anymore (I love the premade in a box in in the dairy section)....but when I learned to make pie crust from scratch a hundred years ago in home ec class....we used lard right out of the refrigerator and ice water.

I use a recipe from Martha Stewart. About 10 minutes in a food processor. It's handled very little so it's very flaky.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2010, 01:39:10 PM »
I use a recipe from Martha Stewart. About 10 minutes in a food processor. It's handled very little so it's very flaky.

Cindie

I should start doing it that way...especially since I got a new food processor that does everything but clean the kitchen!

The main reason I quit making pie crust was I didn't like the mixing part of it...
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2010, 05:55:11 PM »

Cindie

MARTHA STEWART?????????? I wouldn't trust that lefty to pick out my toilet paper! Cancha find a better recipe, Cin?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2010, 08:23:57 PM »
MARTHA STEWART?????????? I wouldn't trust that lefty to pick out my toilet paper! Cancha find a better recipe, Cin?

It's just a basic pie crust recipe. I got it at Allrecipes or Recipezaar. When I'm doing pies during the holidays I use lard instead of butter...it really is the best.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2010, 11:20:41 PM »
One suspects there's more than one reason the defrocked warped primitive lives on the "bad part of town."
That would be the same location of the low rent district.
Hence the perfect living environment for the tax payer parasites.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2010, 11:24:52 PM »
I doubt a "frig" involving Doug's stupid ex-wife would be very warm.
I'm sure it is the same temperature as the fridged bitch's expansive crotch regions.

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2010, 11:28:07 PM »
Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that everyone went to go look that up?
No, not really...we have no desire to delve into your personal life.

Offline Aaron Burr

• Evil Conservative
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2010, 11:29:41 PM »
Lol. I can assure you, I lack the necessary equipment to thunder clap.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2010, 11:31:11 PM »
Lol. I can assure you, I lack the necessary equipment to thunder clap.

I know I am pretty naive but I  doubt I want to know what that means. I have stopped asking what things mean since 2 girls and a cup...

Offline Aaron Burr

• Evil Conservative
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2010, 11:34:05 PM »
I'm not going to be the one to tell you...

And on a completely unrelated topic, I found out that you really have to be careful "defrosting" butter in the microwave.

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2010, 11:39:08 PM »
Screw the butter. I use shorting, it was good enough for my grammie, it is good enough for me. :-)

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2010, 11:48:19 PM »
Screw the butter. I use shorting, it was good enough for my grammie, it is good enough for me. :-)

My "Nana", the best cook I have ever known, used Crisco, period! Nothing else would suffice.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2010, 10:11:43 AM »
My "Nana", the best cook I have ever known, used Crisco, period! Nothing else would suffice.

My 91 year old Nana gave me a recipe (using lard-on the farm she grew up on animal fat was plentiful) where you make the crust for up to 6 pies at once (double crust), put it all in a container and when you're ready to make a pie, take out just enough, and save the rest for later. I use it around the holidays when I know I'll be baking a lot of them. Her version of "fast" food. She does use Crisco or margarine now as a healthier alternative.

Cindie
Mick Foley

Hedy Lamarr

Morticia Addams

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2010, 12:25:27 PM »
My 91 year old Nana gave me a recipe (using lard-on the farm she grew up on animal fat was plentiful) where you make the crust for up to 6 pies at once (double crust), put it all in a container and when you're ready to make a pie, take out just enough, and save the rest for later. I use it around the holidays when I know I'll be baking a lot of them. Her version of "fast" food. She does use Crisco or margarine now as a healthier alternative.

Cindie

Boy that brings back memories! It used to take the better pert of a day to render the lard when we butchered pigs! Stunk like hell, too! I remember when she was butchering chickens once and had "Toots" hold these two little round "things". "Toots" had no idea she was holding the Rooster's nuts! When I told her what they were, I thought she was going to kill "Nana"! A good laugh was had by all! 'Specially "Nana"! She was in her 80's by then and took great pleasure in gettin' one over on us "kids"!

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2010, 12:30:10 PM »
Maybe she can't get butter to melt but I hear she can stop a clock just by looking at it.

According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2010, 01:10:35 PM »
Maybe she can't get butter to melt but I hear she can stop a clock just by looking at it.

Now that's funny! I don't care who ya are!