Author Topic: Free E-Books  (Read 2563 times)

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
Free E-Books
« on: January 23, 2010, 08:50:56 PM »
I thought this might be a good place to share websites that offer legitimate free e-books.  Money is a little tight for a lot of people, and even if it isn't, are you going to turn down free?   :tongue:  

Please, lets not include websites that offer non-legitimate books, don't steal money from authors.  :p

Project Gutenberg  This website offers hundreds of Public Domain books.  A lot of classics are here, as well as lesser know works.  

Barnes and Noble Free E-Book Page  Barnes and Noble offers free e-books for download, even if you don't have a nook.  I downloaded one that had all sorts of weird /a147 symbols instead of apostrophes, but others that I've downloaded have been fine.  You will need to download their e-book reader software to read them, but that is free as well.  Also, some of the free books are just the PDF scans from Google Books, which isn't so cool.

Harlequin's 60th anniversary celebration  If we have any romance readers out there, Harlequin has 16 free romance novels to download.  

Okay, everybody, share your links if you have them.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 12:23:54 AM by Celtic Rose »

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: Free E-Books
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 09:59:57 PM »
http://www.baen.com/library/

Baen Books. science fiction & fantasy novels. Click "By Title" or "By Author" on the left sidebar.

Some are pretty cool, there are dozens of them available.