Author Topic: The Growth of Unemployment  (Read 2051 times)

Offline Alpha Mare

The Growth of Unemployment
« on: January 22, 2010, 08:25:38 PM »
I'm sure Obama's SOTU address will tell us we're on the verge of recovery.

http://cohort11.americanobserver.net/latoyaegwuekwe/multimediafinal.html

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: The Growth of Unemployment
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 07:09:21 AM »
Better yet--he'll tell us we're not in a recession anymore because we had a positive GDP last quarter.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 10:07:38 AM »
I'm sure Obama's SOTU address will tell us we're on the verge of recovery.

http://cohort11.americanobserver.net/latoyaegwuekwe/multimediafinal.html

It would be nice if it had more colors above 10% from what I understand, there are several counties in California and Michigan, to be sure, that have unemployment well above 10%.

It is ironic, my Great-Grandparents moved to California from Oklahoma during the Great Depression.  If I lose my job, I may very well move the mid-west if I don't find a new one quickly enough out here.

Offline Aaron Burr

• Evil Conservative
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 03:35:14 PM »
Mobility is one of the cornerstones of a free market. I'm sure your grandparents would have moved to New York if the jobs were there. There's a check out girl at a local store who moved down here to be with her dead beat boyfriend. She's from Wasilla Alaska and hates this place because compared to Wasilla, this town is a third world country. Apparently there are lots of jobs and growth up there.

I wonder what other towns are doin' hunky dory in this O'conomy.

Oh, and Wasilla apparently has a surplus of big strong employed men because the check out girl is getting ready to move back there without her deadbeat boyfriend.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 03:54:17 PM »
Mobility is one of the cornerstones of a free market. I'm sure your grandparents would have moved to New York if the jobs were there. There's a check out girl at a local store who moved down here to be with her dead beat boyfriend. She's from Wasilla Alaska and hates this place because compared to Wasilla, this town is a third world country. Apparently there are lots of jobs and growth up there.

I wonder what other towns are doin' hunky dory in this O'conomy.

Oh, and Wasilla apparently has a surplus of big strong employed men because the check out girl is getting ready to move back there without her deadbeat boyfriend.

I'm sure they would have. 

I always tell my friends that if I haven't settled down by the time I'm 27, I'm moving to Alaska  :-) 

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 07:18:59 PM »
It would be nice if it had more colors above 10% from what I understand, there are several counties in California and Michigan, to be sure, that have unemployment well above 10%.

It is ironic, my Great-Grandparents moved to California from Oklahoma during the Great Depression.  If I lose my job, I may very well move the mid-west if I don't find a new one quickly enough out here.

Keep going.  CA as a state is at 12.4 percent.  There are counties with over 25 percent unemployment in CA.

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 08:29:19 PM »
Better yet--he'll tell us we're not in a recession anymore because we had a positive GDP last quarter.

Only if you count government debt spending.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 09:41:00 PM »
Only if you count government debt spending.

Of course you have to include that, you have to make the numbers look good.