Author Topic: Ms. Ed the unappellated eohippus posts a "weird news" item  (Read 3497 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Ms. Ed the unappellated eohippus posts a "weird news" item
« on: January 09, 2008, 06:58:20 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2638673

This is brand-new; Ms. Ed is still gathering twigs to get the campfire going.

Horse with no Name  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jan-09-08 05:35 AM
Original message

Weekend at Bernies??

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/D/DEAD_MANS_CHECK?...

NEW YORK (AP) -- Two men wheeled a dead man through the streets in an office chair to a check-cashing store and tried to cash his Social Security check before being arrested on fraud charges, police said.

"The witnesses saw the two pushing the chair with Cintron flopping from side to side and the two individuals propping him up and keeping him from flopping from side to side," Browne said.

The men left Cintron's body outside the store, went inside and tried to cash his $355 check, Browne said. The store's clerk, who knew Cintron, asked the men where he was, and O'Hare told the clerk they would go and get him, Browne said.

A police detective who was having lunch at a restaurant next to the check-cashing store noticed a crowd forming around Cintron's body, and "it's immediately apparent to him that Cintron is dead," Browne said.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline djones520

Re: Ms. Ed the unappellated eohippus posts a "weird news" item
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 07:10:58 AM »
I guess I'll be the one to say it...

Whats their DU names?  :lmao:
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Lauri

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 09:13:39 AM »
the fact that these two idiots will still get a trial is proof that the justice system still works..

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 09:15:26 AM »
$355 buys a lot of Mad dog 20/20 I guess.  :lmao:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle