Author Topic: I choose LIFE !  (Read 2471 times)

Offline Dixie*Darling

I choose LIFE !
« on: January 09, 2008, 06:39:50 AM »
As some of you already know, I'll be blessed with my 2nd grandchild (a girl) towards the end of March.  Yes, I'm very excited! 

While checking out FR this morning I found this:  http://www.citizenlink.org/CLtopstories/A000006227.cfm

As America marks the 35th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the historic Supreme Court decision that allowed abortion on demand, a series of television advertisements by Focus on the Family is allowing preborn babies to speak out. Even the American Idol crowd is being reached.

In one ad, a 4-D ultrasound image shows a 16-week-old preborn baby twisting and turning as the heartbeat comes through loud and clear. Text comes up on the screen: "Life is so amazing. The choice is so clear."

Another ad features a 17-week-old preborn baby with the message: "Will she choose to be a Teacher, a Doctor, an Athlete, a Scientist? Or will she be aborted and have no choice."

Thanks to a donor, two of the ads will be shown during Saturday's Hula Bowl, which will feature some of the best college football players in America. Last year, a donor paid to run the ads on American Idol Rewind.

"Ultrasound images are changing hearts and minds every day through Focus' Option Ultrasound™ Program," said Betsy Powell, manager of the Sanctity of Human Life department at Focus. "Medical pregnancy resource clinics report that nearly 90 percent of abortion-minded women change their minds after receiving counseling and viewing an ultrasound. Since 2004, over 75,000 women have changed their minds, choosing life for their babies.

"Abortion politics aside, couldn’t we all agree that a woman has a right to view an image of her child before she makes a life-altering decision?"

Hands down, I'd much rather see this very REALISTIC approach than this frickin' nonsense (special thanks to DixieBelle for yesterday's post of this from *cough* Planned Parenthood) : 

[youtube=425,350]cU6lBe47fhQ[/youtube] 

My DIL spent a month in the hospital last time to prevent early labor. My grandson was born at 29 weeks.  Here's a poem that I read to my son one stress filled night while in the hospital cafeteria.  They had been trying to get pregnant for about 2 yrs.

Before you were conceived, I wanted you
Before you were born, I loved you
Before you were here an hour, I would die for you
This is the miracle of love.
-Maureen Hawkins

Almost 28 yrs ago I chose life.  I won't say that it's an easy decision at 18 and unwed for everyone to make, but even though Roe vs Wade was active then, I knew that I had created another human being and that I was responsible for it. 

No one on this planet has given me greater joy than my son.  Even now, at 27, he's still God's gift to me that keeps on giving! 

« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 06:45:03 AM by Dixie*Darling »

Offline Schadenfreude

Re: I choose LIFE !
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 07:13:06 AM »
What a beautiful post and sentiment! Congratulations on the 2nd grandchild. Thank you.
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: I choose LIFE !
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 10:52:39 AM »
Congrats! Truly a miracle to behold!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle