Author Topic: Why Isn't Brown Releasing His Internals  (Read 4940 times)

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
Re: Why Isn't Brown Releasing His Internals
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2010, 09:54:25 AM »
Why do Liberals never release their internals in political polls?

Ever.

I doubt either party releases their internals that often.  That is valuable information.  Why would you hand that out.  Coakley is releasing her internals as a last minute appeal for help.  If this was a race in Utah and it was a GOP candidate the same things would be going on.  The mechanics of a candidate running an arrogant bad campaign are not partisan.
I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson to George Logan, 1816.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2010, 09:55:13 AM »
Not really that type of an issue, it is managing information.  You leak information you want others to see.  Coakley showed her internals because she wants democrats from CT and NH to flood into the state to save her ass.  My guess judging by what I've been reading and hearing, she didn't really plan that great of a GOTV effort.  I expect to be reading about what a disorganized cluster it was on Wednesday morning.

Brown was an underdog so he probably has one of the GOP's top GOTV directors already in place and a plan has been formulated and is being implemented for 3-4 weeks.

The mechanics of a campaign are not partisan.  I'm pretty sure the GOP operates the exact way the DNC does in that regards.

ATJ, up here, the Dems aren't getting involved in the Senate race.  They are, however, taking a very close look at it and reacting accordingly.  Carol Shea-Porter (aka, Che-Porter) was quite content in her formerly "safe" House seat, but rumblings have it that she may be reconsidering a run for Senate this year, given that she'll likely lose in November, and could potentially defeat Hodes in a Dem primary, given her more favorable rating among Dems in NH.  Ayotte leads Hodes by nearly 10 points (remember, Obama won NH by 9, and Shaheen beat Sununu by 7).  Hodes leads other named GOP challengers, but only because of name recognition, not actual policy.

They're looking here in NH, they're getting information not released to their base, and they don't like what they're seeing.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2010, 10:03:11 AM »
I doubt either party releases their internals that often.  That is valuable information.  Why would you hand that out.  Coakley is releasing her internals as a last minute appeal for help.  If this was a race in Utah and it was a GOP candidate the same things would be going on.  The mechanics of a candidate running an arrogant bad campaign are not partisan.

And that is the point I'm trying to make.

Liberals...and especially the ones at DU...tend to demand others do things that they themselves...or the politicians they support never do.

And it doesn't just apply to internals of polls.

The big difference is that if this were a Republican in Utah as you say...you wouldn't see us demanding the Dem release their poll internals.

ANd for those that really wanted to know that stuff...well we're motivated enough to go look it up ourselves.  :-)
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2010, 10:04:40 AM »
ATJ, up here, the Dems aren't getting involved in the Senate race.  They are, however, taking a very close look at it and reacting accordingly.  Carol Shea-Porter (aka, Che-Porter) was quite content in her formerly "safe" House seat, but rumblings have it that she may be reconsidering a run for Senate this year, given that she'll likely lose in November, and could potentially defeat Hodes in a Dem primary, given her more favorable rating among Dems in NH.  Ayotte leads Hodes by nearly 10 points (remember, Obama won NH by 9, and Shaheen beat Sununu by 7).  Hodes leads other named GOP challengers, but only because of name recognition, not actual policy.

They're looking here in NH, they're getting information not released to their base, and they don't like what they're seeing.
We got appeals to come to NJ the last two weeks to try to save Corzine.  Generally people from NJ and NY come to PA to help in PA elections since the elections in those states other than a few gerry mandered districts are generally over after a primary.  I expect the Mass democratic party is doing the same thing the NJ democratic party tried to do right before the Corzine election.
I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson to George Logan, 1816.

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2010, 10:06:27 AM »
And that is the point I'm trying to make.

Liberals...and especially the ones at DU...tend to demand others do things that they themselves...or the politicians they support never do.

And it doesn't just apply to internals of polls.

The big difference is that if this were a Republican in Utah as you say...you wouldn't see us demanding the Dem release their poll internals.

ANd for those that really wanted to know that stuff...well we're motivated enough to go look it up ourselves.  :-)

I'm sure there is plenty of stupid in both parties.  Most of the posters on DU have never done any election work outside of posting on DU and watching a polling location.  I'm only commenting from my experience being involved in campaigns.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2010, 10:30:39 AM »
We got appeals to come to NJ the last two weeks to try to save Corzine.  Generally people from NJ and NY come to PA to help in PA elections since the elections in those states other than a few gerry mandered districts are generally over after a primary.  I expect the Mass democratic party is doing the same thing the NJ democratic party tried to do right before the Corzine election.

Bluehampshire.com is in fact calling for it.

Then again, they're still calling it "Ted Kennedy's seat."  Delusion knows no bounds.

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2010, 10:40:32 AM »
Maybe he doesn't think he needs to release his internal polls...

Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2010, 11:22:53 AM »
Bluehampshire.com is in fact calling for it.

Then again, they're still calling it "Ted Kennedy's seat."  Delusion knows no bounds.

Teddy should have resigned when he no longer had the health to show up on capital hill on a regular basis.  I don't want a fight over "Uncle Ted" but it bothered me that when he knew he was going to die that he didn't resign.
There is a certain tone deafness going on in the party when they say things like that and your opponent is scoring points saying this isn't Ted Kennedy's seat, it is the people's seat.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2010, 11:28:28 AM »
Teddy should have resigned when he no longer had the health to show up on capital hill on a regular basis.  I don't want a fight over "Uncle Ted" but it bothered me that when he knew he was going to die that he didn't resign.
There is a certain tone deafness going on in the party when they say things like that and your opponent is scoring points saying this isn't Ted Kennedy's seat, it is the people's seat.

Should have but didn't.  Just like Tim Johnson should have done the same thing when he nearly died.

Unfortunately...like their brethren in the old Soviet Politburo...political power outweighs any other consideration.

And as we're seeing the potential replacements can't even win when the seat is practically handed to them.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2010, 11:35:19 AM »

Not to heap undue praise on 'Uncle Ted', but Coakley is demonstrating exactly what Teddy was afraid of when he refused to resign his seat.  After so many years of 'machine politics' in that state, most of the Democrat names don't have enough campaign experience to get themselves elected class president of a kindergarten.  The remember that Kennedy was a NASTY campaigner when he had to be, and think that being nasty is all there is to running, because they never paid attention to the more subtle things he was doing behind the scenes.  "D's" outnumber "R's" in Massachutsetts by how much? 2 to 1? 3 to 1?  And yet one "R" running an unnoteworthy campaign can make the fight for that seat a footrace - or worse?
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2010, 11:58:14 AM »
The mechanics of a campaign are not partisan.  I'm pretty sure the GOP operates the exact way the DNC does in that regards.

Probably.

Hey AJ!

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2010, 03:28:10 PM »
Teaser  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Jan-15-10 09:00 PM
Original message
Why isn't Brown releasing his internals?

Some people have that problem. I'd recommend a high fiber diet and extra fluids. Milk of magnesia if needed.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2010, 04:51:00 PM »
Incredible the Dems don't see the writing on the wall! Guess what, morans, we've had a damned 'nuff! You idiots are fixin' to see why we call this America, the land of the FREE! I would personally like to show you!!!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline ReaganForRushmore

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2010, 05:17:03 PM »
Red Sox Nation is pissed that Coakley said Sschilling was for the Yankees

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2010, 05:29:06 PM »
Red Sox Nation is pissed that Coakley said Sschilling was for the Yankees

As they should be.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline happy1ga

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2010, 07:33:40 PM »
Great analysis, ATJ! I have worked on campaigns, and it really is much different that what most people think. Thanks for all the hard work.
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2010, 08:19:43 PM »
Not to heap undue praise on 'Uncle Ted', but Coakley is demonstrating exactly what Teddy was afraid of when he refused to resign his seat.  After so many years of 'machine politics' in that state, most of the Democrat names don't have enough campaign experience to get themselves elected class president of a kindergarten.  The remember that Kennedy was a NASTY campaigner when he had to be, and think that being nasty is all there is to running, because they never paid attention to the more subtle things he was doing behind the scenes.  "D's" outnumber "R's" in Massachutsetts by how much? 2 to 1? 3 to 1?  And yet one "R" running an unnoteworthy campaign can make the fight for that seat a footrace - or worse?

You get that when you have a party machine in either the GOP or DNC.  Producing results becomes less about for the citizens of the community and more about people playing the party game.  Coakley is the perfect product of a party machine system.  I've lived in areas with both GOP and DNC party machines.  The results are virtually the same.

Offline Oceander

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2010, 08:23:34 PM »
Maybe he doesn't think he needs to release his internal polls...

Is this image en serio?

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2010, 09:12:24 PM »
After reading a report on the Coakley rally that Obama attended it's pretty clear that Brown doesn't need to release his internals.

It's pretty easy to poll well against "It's Bush's fault".

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2010, 09:19:34 PM »
After reading a report on the Coakley rally that Obama attended it's pretty clear that Brown doesn't need to release his internals.

Amazing they think that will still work. Indies have heard enough of his "excuses". ESAD Bummer! What's happening now is solely on your shoulders!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2010, 12:29:30 AM »
"D's" outnumber "R's" in Massachutsetts by how much? 2 to 1? 3 to 1?  And yet one "R" running an unnoteworthy campaign can make the fight for that seat a footrace - or worse?

Last I heard, voter registration breakdown in Mass was 51 percent independent, 37 percent Democrat, 12 percent Republican.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2010, 12:30:39 AM »

Oh, it still plays pretty well east of I-93 and south of Route 128.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2010, 12:35:44 AM »
Last I heard, voter registration breakdown in Mass was 51 percent independent, 37 percent Democrat, 12 percent Republican.

When the Dem is a 100% terrible, horrible, moronic candidate with two left feet in her mouth and people really do not like the biggest issue of the day on her side, Obamacare...

thats about the only way a Dem loses this race

Offline Oceander

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2010, 12:39:56 AM »
When the Dem is a 100% terrible, horrible, moronic candidate with two left feet in her mouth and people really do not like the biggest issue of the day on her side, Obamacare...

thats about the only way a Dem loses this race

Which is why the "fix" is most likely in at the Mass. Secretary of State - as soon as the polls close on Tuesday, the Sec'y of State will certify Coakley as the "winner" - regardless of how many Mass. voters actually voted for Brown, and Reid will swear her in and formally seat her before sun-up on Wednesday, and hey *presto* we get a fait accompli that, being an essentially "political" question will be almost impossible to undo in the courts.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2010, 12:40:58 AM »
Which is why the "fix" is most likely in at the Mass. Secretary of State - as soon as the polls close on Tuesday, the Sec'y of State will certify Coakley as the "winner" - regardless of how many Mass. voters actually voted for Brown, and Reid will swear her in and formally seat her before sun-up on Wednesday, and hey *presto* we get a fait accompli that, being an essentially "political" question will be almost impossible to undo in the courts.

Not that the courts would care, they've been mostly bought and paid for too.