Author Topic: Turkey sliders....  (Read 1314 times)

Offline debk

Turkey sliders....
« on: January 10, 2010, 07:08:33 PM »
I've never done anything with ground turkey, but found this recipe in a new Paula Deen magazine, thought it sounded good and made it tonight....I'm not much on measuring, made only half the recipe and made a few changes...I'm not much on measuring....

1lb ground turkey
1 1/2 t minced garlic
1/2 the container of fresh basil ...or about 5 good sized leaves...cut thin and small (I used scissors)
some salt, pepper
1/4 c mayonnaise

mixed it all up and made little patties....got 11 of them out of 1lb of meat.

spray a griddle or fry pan with butter Pam, cook until done...about 15 minutes.

slice and spread with melted butter enough bakery dinner rolls and put in oven to warm while patties are cooking.

put shredded lettuce, sliced avocado, patty and roasted red pepper mayonnnaise on each roll.

Roasted Red Pepper Mayonnaise.

In a small blender or food processor....put a half of roasted red pepper (I buy them in a jar at Dollar Tree), 1/2 c of mayonnaise, 1t of spicy mustard, 1 teaspoon of minced garlic...process until well mixed up.

These would work as regular size patties....I was just going to do them last night for a group and then didn't do them...but only had the dinner rolls to use so I stayed with the "slider" size...
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.