Author Topic: PammyD Updates Her Tale  (Read 4293 times)

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: PammyD Updates Her Tale
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2009, 03:56:45 PM »
Thanks, but I'm fine now. Have been for several days. The strange thing is that I had what seemed to be the same thing about 15 years ago during the week of my birthday. Then exactly one year later to the day I had it again. I wish I could remember the name of the drug that the ER doc gave years ago during the second trip. Within 10 minutes of getting the injection I could have danced.

I am curious about something for anyone here who may have healthcare experiance...

Those 2 trips I made to the ER 14 or 15 years ago I was immediately asked both times if I was ODing. I seem to remember at least on of the times they took a blood sample. This trip they asked if I was on drugs and when I told them no they wanted a urine sample. I just assumed it was to see if I was lying. As I knew I was dehydrated and fluid is needed to produce urine, I told them just to take a blood sample. They refused and insisted on a urine sample. I finally asked why and they said it was to tell if I was dehydrated. Does this make sense?

What I know kind of fits in a thimble except that 2x's have had to take my daughter to the ER and once to the doctor's office, when she's had intestinal flu because she gets dehydrated from vomiting as once she starts...she would absolutely not eat/drink anything. After the last time, we told her she would pay for her next ER visit herself. (she was in her mid-teens to early 20's each time).

She had to to pee in a cup and also have blood tests. She was given shots of phenergan (sp?) and also phenergan suppositories and pills. I've had them too, when I've had surgery or had to take pain pills. As far as I'm concerned they are a miracle drug.

Usually the more dehydrated you are the more concentrated your urine is....also your potassium drops which is a bad thing. I would think they would want both urine and blood samples. They usually want to know if someone has taken any drugs and how much to make sure it's ok to give them more and there won't be any bad reactions.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.