Author Topic: PammyD Updates Her Tale  (Read 4290 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
PammyD Updates Her Tale
« on: December 22, 2009, 03:53:24 PM »
The saga of dawsonpam01 continues:
greenbriar  (1000+ posts)      Mon Dec-21-09 03:52 PM
Original message
Round 2 of Chemo is Wed. Finally insurance takes it sweet time
but at least I don't have to go in as an outpatient. I am going to the room where other people are having the same kinds of treatment

Granted, my round is not for cancer but for Crohn's it is still serious and still takes time.

I am going in with a positive attitude and just know it will work!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x9179579

Someone with a life-threatening digestive disease, undergoing chemotherapy, would be pretty careful about their diet, right? What would such a person do if you offered them a taco? Pretty dumb to go eat Mexican food while in that condition, right?
greenbriar  (1000+ posts)      Mon Dec-21-09 10:10 PM
14. I have good hours and bad hours
yesterday, we had Christmas with hubby's side of the family. His grandmother is 90 and in a nursing home. We all met there and had tacos (her favorite) and I only ate one small one and got so sick after that, I felt really bad. I had to throw up and so I left the family room and went to the public restroom but I guess there are no locks on the doors so residents can't lock themselves in. During my upchucking the door opened and some lady was like "oh my god" and ran and found a nurse. GEEZ I was greatly embarrassed. They went and found my husband and he was so good and gentle but also got everyone to leave and minimize the embarrassment.

Today hasn't been half bad, but I just ate a little cup of jello and some fruit.

CaliforniaPeggy  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-21-09 04:35 PM
Response to Original message
4. My dear greenbriar! 
That's the spirit!

Hang in there, and don't let the bastards get you down, sweetie!

You know, I've lately been torn over whether DUmmy CalPeggy is the lost twin of Coach Lou Holtz, or Senator Dingy Harry Reid. The three of them could be triplets.
Wonder what she thought of the alleged TLB's description of her poetry? It's an exceptionally accurate criticism: "Don't get me wrong - her poetry isn't bad.  It's awful.  It's the kind of thing that would blind God if He had to read it.  It's a collection of words that should be machine-gunned down, one by one, preferably out in the desert, with no witnesses.."

greenbriar  (1000+ posts)      Mon Dec-21-09 07:23 PM
8. thank you all. I am a bit nervous. I hate IV sticks
I am praying they have a great IV team like they did in the hospital.

once that IV is in, the rest should be gravy

DUmmy Pammy is still holding out hope for copious amounts of prescription narcotics.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: PammyD Updates Her Tale
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 03:57:34 PM »
Where's TLB?  At least she could come here--after all, we know that Spammy comes here to lurk . . .  :tongue: :fuelfire:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 03:59:16 PM »
greenbriar  (1000+ posts)      Mon Dec-21-09 10:10 PM
14. I have good hours and bad hours
yesterday, we had Christmas with hubby's side of the family. His grandmother is 90 and in a nursing home. We all met there and had tacos (her favorite) and I only ate one small one and got so sick after that, I felt really bad. I had to throw up and so I left the family room and went to the public restroom but I guess there are no locks on the doors so residents can't lock themselves in. During my upchucking the door opened and some lady was like "oh my god" and ran and found a nurse. GEEZ I was greatly embarrassed. They went and found my husband and he was so good and gentle but also got everyone to leave and minimize the embarrassment.

Today hasn't been half bad, but I just ate a little cup of jello and some fruit.

There are not words in the english language to express how stupid one would have to be to do that.

On top of it all to post about it.

That of course is if it were true which it most likely is not.

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 04:17:55 PM »
DUmmys lie, they lie all the time.

P.S. wait until all the hell care is waitingr four to five months for government reimbursement like medicare is now.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 05:52:15 PM »
DUmmys lie, they lie all the time.

P.S. wait until all the hell care is waitingr four to five months for government reimbursement like medicare is now.

No way! The new healthcare will have the force and complete and undivided attention of the US government behind it. It'll be at least a year for anything to be OK'd

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 05:56:39 PM »
I hear a USB turntable is good for Chron's..

But seriously -

Ive seen her pictures. She doesn't look like the typical Chron's sufferer to me. I know people who are unlucky enough to suffer this condition, Its terrible.

Now colitis -- That Id believe. - not as severe as Chron's unless its the ulcerated variety.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 05:59:25 PM »
Well, Hell.

Talk about putting a kibosh on plans.

I'll probably have to refrain from posting the TOP 10 PRIMITIVES OF 2009, until the greenbriar primitive's out of the hospital, and well.

Don't nobody ever say I'm not a nice guy.

Get well soon, greenbriar primitive.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 06:05:24 PM »
Cheer up Pammy.

Now, with "Obamacare" coming, the government "health" experts will take one look at your medical record, and your treatment will be to be left on the side of a wheat field for the wolves.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 06:20:02 PM »
greenbriar  (1000+ posts)      Mon Dec-21-09 07:23 PM
8. thank you all. I am a bit nervous. I hate IV sticks
I am praying they have a great IV team like they did in the hospital.

once that IV is in, the rest should be gravy

I was in the hospital Thursday (the 10th). Came down with some sort of stomach virus or food poisoning. After about 3 straight hours of almost continuous vomiting and diarrhea I went to the ER.

Let me add real quick that I do NOT have any insurance. I haven't for about 7 years now. No insurance wasn't a problem with them.

They took me to an exam room and gave me a shot. They said it would kick in after about 20 minutes. After 30 minutes I was still sick as hell. My wife called them back in and they hooked me up to an IV and shot me up with some more drugs. By this time the drugs and dehydration had me pretty much out of it. This last batch of drugs did work. After about 5 hours they wrote me a prescription and released me.

All day Friday I was in the bed asleep. Or so I thought. I got up sometime Friday evening and staggered toward my office.  My wife instructed me not to turn on the computer because the drugs had me "not in my right mind". She still hasn't told me what I did that brought her to that conclusion.

Any way, by Saturday morning I was in my right mind (or as close as I get) and finally removed the bandage from my IV arm. Based on the holes it took the nurse 3 tries to hit the mark, and I didn't even know it. The strange thing is that it's been almost two weeks now and the IV spot still sometimes itches. I've never had that happen before.

By the way, I didn't rush home from the ER to post my ailment on here as the primitives do on DU because I was really sick and as much as I like you guys and as much as most of you impress me, I'm pretty sure you can't push any magic cures to me through the interwebs.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 06:28:25 PM »
Well, Hell.

Talk about putting a kibosh on plans.

I'll probably have to refrain from posting the TOP 10 PRIMITIVES OF 2009, until the greenbriar primitive's out of the hospital, and well.

Don't nobody ever say I'm not a nice guy.

Get well soon, greenbriar primitive.
Coach, you are a clever man. I suspect that as soon as Pammie reads this, she will enjoy a miraculous, instant recovery.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 06:33:26 PM »
By the way, I didn't rush home from the ER to post my ailment on here as the primitives do on DU because I was really sick and as much as I like you guys and as much as most of you impress me, I'm pretty sure you can't push any magic cures to me through the interwebs.

No need. BEG sensed your discomfort and contacted us all via a mental mass mailing so to speak and we all sent healing white light to you when you needed it most on her signal.

:-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 06:35:33 PM »
No need. BEG sensed your discomfort and contacted us all via a mental mass mailing so to speak and we all sent healing white light to you when you needed it most on her signal.

:-)

Damn y'all are good. And I thought it was the medication.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 06:38:18 PM »
Coach, you are a clever man. I suspect that as soon as Pammie reads this, she will enjoy a miraculous, instant recovery.

That's the idea.

No greenbriar primitive out of the hospital, no TOP 10 PRIMITIVES OF 2009.

Actually, I'm hoping the greenbriar primitive's back home and recovering circa Tuesday of next week, because I'm still writing the thing.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2009, 08:34:45 PM »
Ive seen her pictures.

As have many of us.  And after looking at her, I now know what Charlton Heston felt like in the movie when he looked up to see that ape sitting on top of a horse.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2009, 10:54:53 PM »

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2009, 11:16:47 PM »
With Pam, it's about the drugs.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x9180984

greenbriar(1000+ posts)
Tue Dec-22-09 06:21 PM
9. If you got good drugs, you are required to share :)

Just kidding

hope you get to feeling better soon

I'm calling it now.  She isn't in the hospital.  If she were, she'd be getting good drugs.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline thundley4

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2009, 11:23:49 PM »
With Pam, it's about the drugs.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x9180984

greenbriar   (1000+ posts)           Tue Dec-22-09 06:21 PM

Just kidding

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2009, 01:49:45 AM »

Aw c'mon! How the hell can I send you "healing white light" from my arc welder if you don't let me know immediately?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2009, 07:39:09 AM »
greenbriar  (1000+ posts)      Mon Dec-21-09 03:52 PM
Original message
Round 2 of Chemo is Wed. Finally insurance takes it sweet time
but at least I don't have to go in as an outpatient. I am going to the room where other people are having the same kinds of treatment

Granted, my round is not for cancer but for Crohn's it is still serious and still takes time.

I am going in with a positive attitude and just know it will work!

Is she still in the Hospital and going in inpatient? I know that they're not coming to her house.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2009, 07:48:38 AM »
greenbriar  (1000+ posts)      Tue Dec-22-09 06:21 PM
 Just kidding

Hey Redstone, beware, she's NOT kidding . . .
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2009, 09:08:12 AM »
Is she still in the Hospital and going in inpatient? I know that they're not coming to her house.

Having had friends who have had chemo....I think she means she is neither inpatient or outpatient. She is just going straight to the chemotherapy area and checking in there.

I would think she has had an IV port stitched in so that when she goes, she is not having to be "stuck" again, they just hook her up to the IV port.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Karin

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2009, 10:14:42 AM »
ChuckJ, here's hoping you are 100% again soon.  What a horrible experience. 

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2009, 12:09:31 PM »

Having had friends who have had chemo....I think she means she is neither inpatient or outpatient. She is just going straight to the chemotherapy area and checking in there.

I would think she has had an IV port stitched in so that when she goes, she is not having to be "stuck" again, they just hook her up to the IV port.

Thanks. I'm ignorant of those things and thankfully so.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2009, 12:11:42 PM »
Thanks. I'm ignorant of those things and thankfully so.

Better to be "ignorant" than to have knowledge of certain things....

To Good Health!  :cheersmate:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2009, 12:48:57 PM »
ChuckJ, here's hoping you are 100% again soon.  What a horrible experience. 

Thanks, but I'm fine now. Have been for several days. The strange thing is that I had what seemed to be the same thing about 15 years ago during the week of my birthday. Then exactly one year later to the day I had it again. I wish I could remember the name of the drug that the ER doc gave years ago during the second trip. Within 10 minutes of getting the injection I could have danced.

I am curious about something for anyone here who may have healthcare experiance...

Those 2 trips I made to the ER 14 or 15 years ago I was immediately asked both times if I was ODing. I seem to remember at least on of the times they took a blood sample. This trip they asked if I was on drugs and when I told them no they wanted a urine sample. I just assumed it was to see if I was lying. As I knew I was dehydrated and fluid is needed to produce urine, I told them just to take a blood sample. They refused and insisted on a urine sample. I finally asked why and they said it was to tell if I was dehydrated. Does this make sense?