Author Topic: The IRA ignored child abuse crimes of Gerry Adams' father and brother  (Read 1722 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Shed a tear for Gerry Adams MP, as he tours the TV studios trying to save his career and his reputation in the face of those 'with political axes to grind' who are determined to judge a good man harshly just because of family embarrassments.
Well, no. Please don't. This horrible man is now rightly on the rack because his niece Aine - who as a 13-year-old in 1987 told Uncle Gerry that his brother Liam had raped and abused her from the age of four - has very belatedly gone public on the allegations.
What's more, Uncle Gerry admits that he believed her all those years ago, which makes it inexplicable that Liam was later allowed to work for several years with the young in Adams's West Belfast fiefdom.

The IRA heartlands such as West Belfast are areas where Republicans proudly claim they look after their own community, and punish drug pushers and sex abusers - except, it now appears, where those criminals are related to the elite.
Yet Adams, who covered up the crime - thus almost colluding in it - is looking for sympathy. 'For me, it's like a permanent bereavement,' he says, with a sob in his voice. 'My focus is on the plight of Aine.'
Like hell it is. Gerry Adams's focus is where it always is: on the well-being of Gerry Adams, the murderous thugs he calls freedom fighters and on their pursuit of power at any cost.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1237634/The-IRA-boasted-shooting-child-abusers-How-odd-ignored-vile-crimes-Gerry-Adams-father-brother.html#ixzz0aSL96BNd

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Re: The IRA ignored child abuse crimes of Gerry Adams' father and brother
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 07:14:22 PM »
But he feeeeels her pain Bijou! :banghead:
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: The IRA ignored child abuse crimes of Gerry Adams' father and brother
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 09:18:33 AM »
At the expense of sounding trite: I never liked Adams or those like him who are painted as "cut from a different cloth". Yes, their archetype may be heinous but this one is different--we are told--and if only we let this one in the rest will follow his/her/its lead and reform and then we can see its all just a big misunderstanding.

Something about this threadbare siren song irks me every time I hear it because it seems invariably once we admit this new-found new-type we must learn of some deep, dark corruption in their past. I never understood the urge to accept Adams anymore than I could understand accept the urge to accept Yassar Arafat, Robert Mugabe, Hugo Chavez or Barack Obama. As soon as they are admitted to polite company they are immediately revealed to not merely be associates of simple tyranny but liars and crooks our for their own personal gain.

I think this is the appeal of Sarah Palin: she is incredibly average. The workaday husband and knocked-up daughter don't diminish her they only make her more average. We don't need heroes, we need average people
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."