Author Topic: CC on Blackberry?  (Read 3275 times)

Offline bkg

CC on Blackberry?
« on: December 20, 2009, 10:13:32 AM »
Buddy Pat - new member here - called me yesterday to wake me up and share the news bout Ben Nelson... Yeah - not a great way to wake up in the morning.

So when he called me this morning, I figured the other shoe had dropped already.  :rotf:

Anyway - he's an avid BlackBerry user and is having problems loading CC while mobile... I use CC all the time over WinMobile 6.1, but I don't think I'll be successful in getting him converted... Any ideas?

Offline Pat

• Just Off Probation
Re: CC on Blackberry?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 11:35:50 AM »
thanks
I was mobil this morning and having withdrawal from reading.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 12:02:51 PM »
I don't log in with my Blackberry often, but I've never had a problem connecting to the site.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 12:32:46 PM »
I know little about Blackberries, however, I would assume that if the BB was internet capable, CC shouldn't be a problem accessing, except for times where page loads are being extremely slow. I would look more at the ISP for the BB vs anything else. Perhaps you're in a "fringe area" where reception is somewhat flaky?? I dunno.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 12:43:44 PM »
I know little about Blackberries, however, I would assume that if the BB was internet capable, CC shouldn't be a problem accessing, except for times where page loads are being extremely slow. I would look more at the ISP for the BB vs anything else. Perhaps you're in a "fringe area" where reception is somewhat flaky?? I dunno.

I am by no means "Mr. Tech Savvy", but I can handle some things.  It was recommended to me to use the Opera Mini application to view the site, so that's what I do.  Many websites are far too cumbersome to pull up just using the regular browser.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Pat

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 01:52:14 PM »
I found the door :D

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 10:40:07 AM »
I am by no means "Mr. Tech Savvy", but I can handle some things.  It was recommended to me to use the Opera Mini application to view the site, so that's what I do.  Many websites are far too cumbersome to pull up just using the regular browser.

Opera is the stuff for mobile viewing. WAP Suuuuuuuuuucks here tho. My God this place is cumbersome with a WAP browser. I hate it so much I don't even try anymore.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 04:27:03 PM »
I don't log in with my Blackberry often, but I've never had a problem connecting to the site.

Same here.  I think it depends on which BB he's got and what version of the OS.  It also depends on how good your connection is where you're at.

When I had my Pearl 8100 a lot of the HTML stuff wouldn't show up because of the browser that came with that model.

I've got an 8220 (Flip) now and can even access the Shout Box.

But as far as posting problems...I don't have a problem. 
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 05:07:44 PM »
Thanks for the tip on opera mini. I'm making this post from the opera browser.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn