Author Topic: Trash and History  (Read 2636 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Trash and History
« on: December 16, 2009, 03:52:56 PM »
Mother--  What are you reading today my Dear.?

Me--Jonathan Kellerman Survival of the Fittest.

Mother--  Is this a Novel.?

Me--  Yup, a who done it.

Mother-- Why do you read such trash, what can you learn from wasting your time on fluff stuff.?

Me-- Mom, did you know that President Coolidge bought into Eugenics, even passed laws about the so called problem.?

Mother-- OH that Nazi stuff, they were monsters, They certainly did not get their Evil ideas from us, only the very ignorant and uneducated would fall for that thinking.

Me-- Mom, we were practicing Eugenics into the 1970's and still are.

Mother-- Well that was then this is now, try to read something relevant that will educate you.

Me-- This book was published 12 years ago and it is relevent to this health care bill.

Mother---You will never learn anything from reading trash, and besides at my age that is the last subject I even want to think about.

Me----Yes mother.

A very disturbing novel a trade for another book, I am new to this Author.  What had started out as a few hours on a cold day quick read of fluff from an old murder mystery has now captivated me.

1927-----Virginia   Unwed mother Carrie Buck was sterilized against her will by virtue of the US Supreme Court.    No less then Oliver Wendell Holmes stated that 3 generations of imbeciles are enough.   The one child she had given birth to went on to College as an honor student.---

Carrie herself was released  on  [ parole ] from a sanitarium for epileptics found to be of normal intelligence.

Darn this will take up a few hours of research this cold and miserable winter.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Re: Trash and History
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 04:29:08 PM »
(ramdon nonsense in bad playbook form)

drinking again?
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!