Author Topic: Copenhagen climate summit: 1,200 limos, 140 private planes and caviar wedges  (Read 8236 times)

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
I got alligator skin in 2 days from that cold and dry air!! I felt like all the moisture was sucked right out of me.... :o

Yeh, cold weather does that to me too....fortunately, the winters here aren't really winters.

I do keep hand lotion with me though...mainly for the fragrance. :popcorn:

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Yeh, cold weather does that to me too....fortunately, the winters here aren't really winters.

It can get dry here in the winter (E TN).....but nothing like it was out in the midwest!

We went to dinner at a private club in GI where my son used to work. I was told I looked too young to be his mother. (Tell me I didn't love that!!! :-)) The ex and all his family are members.  :evillaugh:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline bkg

I can't respond to this w/o sounder way more stalker-ish than I already do.   :-)

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
I can't respond to this w/o sounder way more stalker-ish than I already do.   :-)

You just responded though... :tongue:

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
It can get dry here in the winter (E TN).....but nothing like it was out in the midwest!

We went to dinner at a private club in GI where my son used to work. I was told I looked too young to be his mother. (Tell me I didn't love that!!! :-)) The ex and all his family are members.  :evillaugh:

Yeah, that's nice to hear!

Offline bkg

You just responded though... :tongue:

You're paying attention.  :naughty:

Offline Happy Fun Ball

Ha Ha! Oh Noes!

Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'
By Richard Black
Environment correspondent, BBC News website, Copenhagen

Climate conference hall, Copenhagen
The African delegation is unhappy over moves by the Danish government

Negotiations at the UN climate summit have been suspended after developing countries withdrew their co-operation.

Delegations were angry at what they saw as moves by the Danish host government to sideline talks on more emission cuts under the Kyoto Protocol.

As news spread around the conference centre, activists chanted "We stand with Africa - Kyoto targets now".

But talks between the parties were expected to resume in the afternoon and informal discussions continue.

The countries that have suspended co-operation are those which make up the G77-China bloc of 130 nations. These range from wealthy countries such as South Korea, to some of the poorest states in the world.

Blocs representing poor countries vulnerable to climate change have been adamant that rich nations must commit to emission cuts beyond 2012 under the Kyoto Protocol.

But the EU and the developed world in general has promoted the idea of an entirely new agreement, replacing the protocol.

Developing countries fear they would lose many of the gains they made when the Kyoto agreement was signed in 1997.