Author Topic: Quick N' Easy.  (Read 6246 times)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Quick N' Easy.
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2009, 05:53:03 PM »
sweet betsy? :rotf:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2009, 06:13:05 PM »
sweet betsy? :rotf:

Sweet Betsy with Onions to be exact.......best damn hushpuppy known to man
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Aaron Burr

• Evil Conservative
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009, 08:48:07 PM »
Oh Hellz yeah. Although I must admit I've never had a fried oysker. Or a smoked one. I think it's against my religious convictions to eat them any other way than raw. I'll check, I think the dietary laws are somewhere in the back of the manual.

I'm going to try Linda's' Hush Puppy recipe first. Mainly because I can never remember my Uncle using anything but what he had around the house to make them.

No recipe this time because I'm a brimming with questions. Such as, why milk instead of beer for the puppies? And what sort of oil is best for frying stuff up. I use plain old oil and sometimes lard, but I hear peanut oil is supposed to be good. I know for a fact coconut oil is what they use in movie popcorn. I just can't find it anywhere...and sesame oil in small amounts is good for Chinaman cooking because of it's tolerance for high heat but I'm far too lazy to prep everything for Wok cookery....plus sesame oil tastes like dog squeeze.

The point is, I'm very thankful for all the recipe ideas and hope someone has one for cornbread. I'm tired of eating that mix from the box.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 08:50:49 PM by Aaron Burr »

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2009, 10:16:52 PM »
You might want to throw some Old Bay into the hush puppy recipe that Linda gave. ;)
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson