Author Topic: Wm Ruthuford Pitt: A tanned GW Bush gave a great speach.  (Read 2205 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Wm Ruthuford Pitt: A tanned GW Bush gave a great speach.
« on: December 02, 2009, 10:18:52 AM »
My comments in red;

WilliamPitt  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-01-09 10:19 PM
Original message http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7131530
President Barack Obama delivered the best speech George W. Bush ever gave in his life. 
 Edited on Tue Dec-01-09 10:27 PM by WilliamPitt
On Tuesday night, President Barack Obama delivered the best speech George W. Bush ever gave in his life. Mr. Bush, if he was watching, would have recognized virtually every facet of Obama's speech, for it was the Bush administration that hammered out the template used by Mr. Obama to deliver the news that he is doubling down on the war in Afghanistan.

with of course the exception being a surrender timeline...

Obama's eloquence was far superior to anything Mr. Bush could have ever hoped to achieve - for the first time in the 21st century, the United States has a president who can pronounce "nuclear" correctly - but at the end of the day, it was the same script all over again.

and yet, this smart negro sold you leftists all out...no Uncle Tom references yet?

Mr. Obama's speech contained all the well-worn Bushian touchstones, one above all: sharing a stage with soldiers in uniform - and how heartbreakingly young were the faces in that room; one could hear a pin drop throughout in that roomful of children whose lives will be directly affected by the decision that was announced - as a means of political defense and to augment his martial profile. Mr. Bush pulled this sickening stunt more times than can be counted, and it burned like acid to see another president defile their service by using them as props in a bit of political theater.

yup- one more photo op at the expense of the soldiers.

It took exactly 130 words for Mr. Obama to invoke the attacks of September 11, which is just about how long it usually took Mr. Bush whenever he unleashed one of his linguistic muggings upon the populace.

it takes only one word, jackass, to describe the speach giver.

Mr. Obama blessed the calamity of Iraq as a success - "We have given Iraqis a chance to shape their future, and we are successfully leaving Iraq to its people," said the president - which was a favorite habit of Mr. Bush, no matter how brazen facts to the contrary happened to be.

blaa blaa blaa...bushes' fault...blaa blaa blaa...

Mr. Obama likewise blessed the recent fraud-riddled election in Afghanistan America Afghanistan as a positive thing, despite the cancerous effect that farce of a vote has had on the confidence of the Afghan people. In this, the president echoed Mr. Bush once again, as it was often Mr. Bush's practice to fete Iraqi elections that were controlled by Iran and riven with violence as successful steps towards democracy.

damn diebold...

Mr. Obama re-introduced the American people to the menace of weapons of mass destruction, a favorite note of Mr. Bush. Obama did not go so far as to say that Afghanistan is in possession of 26,000 liters of anthrax, 38,000 liters of botulinum toxin, 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent, 30,000 missiles to deliver the stuff, mobile biological weapons labs, and uranium from Niger for use in a robust nuclear weapons program, as Mr. Bush did during another memorable prime-time speech, but the call to dread was there all the same. The threat of "loose nukes" is indeed real enough, but it was a kick in the stomach to see the Bush Handbook on Fear put into play once again.

No Nukes! (in Iran it's ok, though...)

Mr. Obama acknowledged in his speech that America's war in Afghanistan has lasted eight long years, and even tipped a wink at America's share of responsibility for helping to shape the bleak and battered history of that nation. But then, as Bush so often did with Iraq, Mr. Obama threw the responsibility for putting the pieces of that shattered nation back together squarely on the shoulders of the Afghan people. In effect, the occupier demanded that the occupied shape up and fly right. The Hebrew word for this is "chutzpah," and it fits the situation like a glove.

a leftist complaining that personal responsibility is overrated? Nahh.....

Mr. Obama never used the words "Coalition of the Willing," but his high-flown rhetoric about NATO and an international alliance to deal with Afghanistan stood in stark contrast to reality. Hardly anyone in the international community appears to have much interest in sharing or increasing the burden of continued warfare - a few of those hesitant nations have personal experience with that region in their history, none of it positive - leaving Mr. Obama and the United States pretty much on their own going forward. This may change, but not by much.

Hardly anyone wants to partner up with a country that's going to quit the field in 18 months...

Where Mr. Obama departed from the well-worn script of Mr. Bush was in the realm of the rhetorical. He weaved a tapestry of interconnected American interests - economic, social, diplomatic - to explain why the war in Afghanistan must not just go on, but grow. Take this gem, for example:

ok...but I am sure it's a turd...

But as we end the war in Iraq and transition to Afghan responsibility, we must rebuild our strength here at home. Our prosperity provides a foundation for our power. It pays for our military. It underwrites our diplomacy. It taps the potential of our people, and allows investment in new industry. And it will allow us to compete in this century as successfully as we did in the last. That is why our troop commitment in Afghanistan cannot be open-ended - because the nation that I am most interested in building is our own.

Buy giving the enemy an end date we've successfully become unsuccessful at fighting the war.

Indeed, it was all wonderfully phrased and brilliantly delivered. But in the end, Mr. Obama simply told us what we have been hearing for too long already: we must beat our swords into ploughshares by using swords. Mr. Bush never said it so well, but he said it all the time nonetheless.

maybe we can just bribe them- afterall itis the democrat way...

Mr. Bush was proud to call himself a war president - "I make decisions here in the Oval Office in foreign policy matters with war on my mind," he famously boasted to Tim Russert with that signature smirk on his face. On Tuesday, Mr. Obama was nowhere near as blunt, but nonetheless, the torch has been passed. Whether or not his strategy for Afghanistan will be successful remains to be seen, but he sold it to the American people in exactly the same fashion as his predecessor. There was a little more sugar to make the medicine go down, but the taste of it remained all too terribly familiar.

OBAMA'S WAR!

At the end of Mr. Obama's address, the cadet corps of West Point stood and applauded. They had to; here was the commander in chief, and they are required to stand whenever he enters and exits. One wonders, however, what they really thought about what they heard. After all, it wasn't anything new; they, and we, have heard it all before.

AT last, a paragraph of Wm Ruthuford Pitts that I can agree with.

What say you, slobbering DUmpmonkiez?

pokercat999 (1000+ posts)      Wed Dec-02-09 07:34 AM
Response to Reply #1
108. It was a weak speech and as the camera panned the Cadets 
 you could see a few nodding off. Not typical Obama fare, of course he was using Bush's words so it may be no fault of his own.

Obviously securing the support of the corporations in the MIC is the most important thing. Can't win re-election without them with their control of the media and unending supply of cash.

bushes' fault!!!

Chisox08  (829 posts)      Wed Dec-02-09 01:55 AM
Response to Reply #25
70. He found one of Bush's speeches in his desk written in crayon
 He translated into English and used it.

Harry Monroe  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-01-09 11:13 PM
Response to Reply #17
35. If KKKarl Rove liked it, then we are truly ****ed!!

Raven  (1000+ posts)      Tue Dec-01-09 10:32 PM
Response to Original message
19. So, Obama is George Bush only smoother? 
 I am awed by your analysis of his speech, honestly. I could never have parsed all of that and you are right in every comparison. This is why you got your brain cells from your father and you sense of humor from me!  But what would you have had this man do given what he has been presented with. Cleaning up after a careless slob is a messy business.

Mommy is not pleased...

WilliamPitt  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-01-09 10:36 PM
Response to Reply #19
23. I'm not addressing the complexity of the situation 
 Did that here:

http://www.truthout.org/1116094

and here:

http://www.truthout.org/1201093

This is about the methods and rhetoric he used to sell the decision. All too familiar.

Hi Mom!

(bitch)

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: Wm Ruthuford Pitt: A tanned GW Bush gave a great speach.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 10:33:44 AM »
President Barack Obama delivered the best speech George W. Bush ever gave in his life.

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 10:44:06 AM »
Damn. PJ just did this thread on DUmmie FUnnies.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 10:56:01 AM »
What pisses me off in this whole thing is that everything seems to be Bush's fault but didn't Bush have to clean up the mess that Clinton left.
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline Duchess

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 11:14:18 AM »
Well just so long as The Won can pronounce "nuclear" in mid-American dialect rather than Southern, nevermind how he screws up foreign policy and national security. Priorities, people.

Offline Duchess

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 11:18:08 AM »
And nothing that Hussein has ever said in his entire life was as eloquent as President Bush's sincere and heartfelt concern for the troops and his compassion for the victims of 9/11 and their families. The left seems to think eloquence is how well one uses rhetoric as they sell America and our first line of defense-our young people putting their lives on the line for the sorry half of Americans who don't deserve their sacrifice, if any of us do- down the river.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 11:21:56 AM »
He may be able to pronounce "nuclear" but he can't pronounce "Pockiston" without sounding like a pretentious douchenozzle.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline lastparker

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 11:25:56 AM »
He may be able to pronounce "nuclear" but he can't pronounce "Pockiston" without sounding like a pretentious douchenozzle.

You caught that too?  Pretentious Douchenozzle would sum it up pretty well.
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 12:12:39 PM »
Yeah, it is "ston" in Pokiston, but it is "stan" in Afghanistan.  Wierd.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 12:28:35 PM »
All I can think to say is........What a DUmb****! Pitt or Bumbler, take your pick.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 12:32:51 PM »
Minor quibble (and I couldn't stand to watch the speech).......local radio commentators are stating that Obama sounded a lot like Lyndon Johnson trying to explain Vietnam......

Iraq = Bush won, and 25 million people are now building a free state.  Like it or not........he stuck to his guns in spite of the ravages of unpopularity and the bias in the media, always with the welfare of the troops in mind.

Afganistan = now Obama's war.....he campaigned on winning it, the democrats in congress all through the Bush years stated that was the war to win........now Obama is in the process of losing it, in order to maintain his political base........he only uses the troops as a backdrop for a "photo-op"...like last night.

Moral to the story........Never trust a Democrat with matters of national security........they will sell you down the river every time........

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Karin

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 01:30:36 PM »
A quibble with Pitt:

one could hear a pin drop throughout in that roomful of children

Who are you calling children?  Even the women there are more man than you'll ever be, needledick. 

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 01:41:30 PM »
Quote from:
WilliamPitt

At the end of Mr. Obama's address, the cadet corps of West Point stood and applauded. They had to; here was the commander in chief, and they are required to stand whenever he enters and exits. One wonders, however, what they really thought about what they heard. After all, it wasn't anything new; they, and we, have heard it all before.

One big difference:  When Bush said these things, the military knew he cared and wanted them to succeed.  With Dear Leader, they know their lives are nothing but a political card with which to be played.

Quote from:
Raven

This is why you got your brain cells from your father and you sense of humor from me!

IOW's Dad was an idiot and Mom is a humorless freak.  Great.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Duchess

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 02:25:14 PM »
A quibble with Pitt:

Who are you calling children?  Even the women there are more man than you'll ever be, needledick. 

I saw a heartwarming pic on some blog of one of the cadets reading "Kill Bin Ladin" during the speech, LOL. He was making no attempt to be discreet.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 02:51:02 PM »
I suspect the cross-carrying carpetbagging maternal ancestress unwittingly betrayed more than she realizes, with this:

Cleaning up after a careless slob is a messy business.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Duchess

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 02:55:21 PM »
I suspect the cross-carrying carpetbagging maternal ancestress unwittingly betrayed more than she realizes, with this:

Hehe good catch sir

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 03:03:02 PM »

I agree Coach......it sorta reeked of "ridicule" to me, but 'tis difficult to devine intent from an internet post......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 11:24:53 PM »

And "Tollybahn"......everytime he says Tollybahn....I think of that old song - I think Harry Belafonte used to sing it....Day-o......"Come Mr Tally-man...tally me banana"
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 11:42:20 PM »

And "Tollybahn"......everytime he says Tollybahn....I think of that old song - I think Harry Belafonte used to sing it....Day-o......"Come Mr Tally-man...tally me banana"
I'm sure he has the proper pronunciation and we are wrong. After all, none of us were educated at a madrassa.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 01:52:56 AM »
Harry Monroe  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-01-09 11:13 PM
Response to Reply #17
35. If KKKarl Rove liked it, then we are truly ****ed!!

My effort for this outcome: ZERO.
Your efforts: Most of your lives.

►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 07:04:11 AM »
I'm sure he has the proper pronunciation and we are wrong. After all, none of us were educated at a madrassa.

What's funny is when he mis or over pronounces things like that...certain members of the MSM start saying it the same way...after hearing the President say pakistan and Taliban in that weird way he does...I've turned around and heard Special Keith...Chrissie and some others start pronouncing it the same way.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 04:15:03 AM »
What's funny is when he mis or over pronounces things like that...certain members of the MSM start saying it the same way...after hearing the President say pakistan and Taliban in that weird way he does...I've turned around and heard Special Keith...Chrissie and some others start pronouncing it the same way.

That really is pathetic ain't it? You'd think they would try to disguise their bias, wouldn't ya? Unfortunately, they think they've won the game for good! I pray they're wrong!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 05:34:49 AM »
Well just so long as The Won can pronounce "nuclear" in mid-American dialect rather than Southern, nevermind how he screws up foreign policy and national security. Priorities, people.

Yes, his TelePrompter was very elegant the other night.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 06:15:55 AM »

Yes, his TelePrompter was very elegant the other night.

You mean Tolly-prahmtah , right ?

Offline Duchess

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2009, 12:26:06 PM »
You mean Tolly-prahmtah , right ?

LOLOLOL