Author Topic: cleveramerican was nearly killed by drunk driver last night.  (Read 8842 times)

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: cleveramerican was nearly killed by drunk driver last night.
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2010, 09:05:13 PM »
It is friggen sad.  What a waste of life.  I forgot to mention that the last time she spent in jail it was for having a wreck while driving drunk (she ran head on to a woman and her daughter).  She has no license yet still drives now.   :whatever:

This was your sister? //sarcasm

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2010, 09:19:04 PM »
Wonder if it's the same driver that almost killed Mrs. Dawson in the laundromat?
At least Pam came up with some pictures of the carnage that resulted when that guy bumped into the Wichita "laundry mat". (I wonder if there is a "laundry mat" in DUmmy TwixVoy's "air  port".) If DUmmy cleveramerican is trying to follow in Pam's footprints to the 2010 Top DUmmy title, he's going to have to step it up. Others, like DUmmy Writer, are setting a torrid pace.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2010, 09:21:18 PM »
This was your sister? //sarcasm

My STEP-sister who I did NOT grow up with.  I shared a room with her for about 6 months when I was about 11 or 12 years old (she is 6 years older than me).  She was always in trouble. 

Offline kenth

« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2010, 09:44:28 PM »
If DUmmy cleveramerican is trying to follow in Pam's footprints to the 2010 Top DUmmy title, he's going to have to step it up. Others, like DUmmy Writer, are setting a torrid pace.

It's definitely no panhandling for skydiving bouncy.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2010, 01:35:08 AM »

If someone was a victim in an accident that is a terrible thing and wouldn`t make light of it.

However I am a bit suspect because in their efforts to be too authentic sometimes in their ignorance they goof up.

As I came through town, I was sitting at a red light about third in line...
a blue Buick rammed into my passenger door at full speed..broken glass everywhere I spit out a few bits

That would mean a car at an intersection would have had to cut the corner by almost 40 feet.
Think about the nature of a town and an intersection,we have all been there,and picture the path the car would have to travel from his right to have done this

This is what I was thinking as well....

How could he get tagged on the passenger side at a stop light, being the third car in line?  The only way I think it could happen is if he was driving a car with the steering wheel on the right-hand side....

Otherwise, I have to call  :bs: on this one....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Specbid

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2010, 05:39:09 AM »

How could he get tagged on the passenger side at a stop light, being the third car in line?  The only way I think it could happen is if he was driving a car with the steering wheel on the right-hand side....

Otherwise, I have to call  :bs: on this one....

It was a mini cooper. Could be that the wheel was on the right.

How about this quote from DUmmie whitetara...
"Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum

wtf...

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2010, 06:34:36 AM »

How could he get tagged on the passenger side at a stop light, being the third car in line?  The only way I think it could happen is if he was driving a car with the steering wheel on the right-hand side....

Otherwise, I have to call  :bs: on this one....

There is too much wrong with that to be believable.

A typical small town intersection.

A large multi lane one

Imagine the angles required for that scene to be played out.
Then he gets very specific regarding the grill emblem being by his head.

The vehicle would have had to have impacted him at an angle of roughly 45 degrees relative to how he was parked.
That would be the front right quarter panel not the door.
To have come in broadside would require the moving vehicle to have left its lane much earlier and traveled quite a distance..one would have to believe that there were no buildings at that corner of a town intersection for that to have happened.
At impact energy is released in different ways..bending of the structure and deflection the main two.
His vehicle would have to have turned counterclockwise and the moving vehicle not deflected at all.
Then for the passenger compartment to have been penetrated his car would have not been able to be pushed sideways or the speed was such that like a bullet it compromised the passenger compartment at impact.

In the original thread his injuries were as follows

He has a broken back, two broken arms and a fractured skull.

Keep in mind this was from Nov 24th,just over 8 weeks ago.
I can`t guess but is it plausible that given that a person would now be home typing away at a computer?

He makes the mistake of being too detailed without thought of the physics involved.
If I am incorrect in anything here I would appreciate it being pointed out and I will stand corrected.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 06:44:56 AM by Carl »

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2010, 07:12:23 AM »
You know it really would depend on how this accident occurred.  Had ths vehicle just veered straight to this line of vehicles head on  from the cross lane, then they surely would have hit a curb or sidewalk, which would have affected the speed and impact.   When a vehicle is hit on the right side, your body moves to the right side as you are sitting still while your vehicle is being pushed to the left.  He would have hit the grill of that Buick like a brick wall and would be seriously injured - most likely so much that he would not recall the grill, or the helicopter landing.   

8 weeks into a broken back and arms injury?  I would be very surprised he was using a computer like this -- but he was wearing his DU tshirt which must have the power of superman's cape.  We can't disregard that important piece of information.

I would need to see the damage to the vehicle to comment further on point of impact and how that relates to mechanism of injury.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2010, 07:30:51 AM »
Hell, I'd just settle for the TOWN this happened in.  Something tells me he'd be called out even by his fellow DUmmies if he did, however.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2010, 08:05:57 AM »
It was in the late 1980's it was when my youth group was coming back from King's Island in Ohio back to our church in Radcliff Ky. I look back now and I am very greatful to be alive I was sick the day of the trip so my mom and dad wouldn't let me go.

I remember that.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Karin

« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2010, 08:14:04 AM »
BEG, I'm sorry for your family's troubles.  You certainly turned out normal, thank the Good Lord.  

What gets me about this thread is the OP.  Has anybody here ever said to their children and spouse:  "If, God forbid, anything terrible happens to me, I need you to log onto conservativecave.com, and let them know what happened.  My screenname is this and my password is that.  Please do it right away after you get home from the hospital.  Tell them what I was wearing. Twice."  

The nine priors and a manslaughter?  If it was a slow news day, it might have made national news.  It might have made it onto Bill O in his quest to expose loony judges.

The cynic in me wonders if this isn't a subtle set-up for a future charity drive.  

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2010, 08:18:02 AM »
What gets me about this thread is the OP.  Has anybody here ever said to their children and spouse:  "If, God forbid, anything terrible happens to me, I need you to log onto conservativecave.com, and let them know what happened.  My screenname is this and my password is that.  Please do it right away after you get home from the hospital.  Tell them what I was wearing. Twice."  

hahaha

:hyper:

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2010, 08:38:15 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=158x13055

5th District is Lowell, Lawrence, Haverhill, Methuen, and Chelmsford.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2010, 08:43:07 AM »
Face it, people; the toocleverbyhalf primitive just got drunk and went out driving.

He has no idea what he crashed into.

One of the characteristics of primitives is that when they do something stupid, they write a story where it was someone else who did that something stupid.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline kenth

« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2010, 08:55:05 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7175134

An update I never saw just two weeks after the "accident." Here's an example, for writing style comparison of his supposed offspring and his own aversion to paragraphs. Combine with the 1st Law of Skin's Island.

cleveramerican  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Mon Dec-07-09 05:21 PM
Original message
Update on cleveramerican   Updated at 11:52 AM

He came through back surgery with flying colors.
He is out of ICU.
He still has quite a bit of healing to do.

I shared some du'ers greetings and warm thoughts for his recovery.
He's not up to posting but is formulating.

The drunk who nearly killed him was returned to jail to serve out the rest of her 15 year sentence.
It turns out she was awaiting sentencing when the accident happened.
The district attorney has filed additional charges as a result of the accident which hurt my Dad.
She borrowed the car from a well meaning downstairs neighbor at 4 pm for "10 minutes".
The neighbor had actually called the cops around 8:30 and reported what had happened.
The cops were actively looking for her when the accident happened at about 9:15.
cleveramerican  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jan-13-10 11:22 AM
Response to Reply #15
20.  a full recovery is not truthfully in the cards   Updated at 11:52 AM

I'll never run another marathon
I'll never ski again
I'll never play ice hockey again.
I'll never ride my motorcycle again.

My recovery depends entirely on me and a bit of luck.

I vow to work as hard as humanly possible to recover as much of my former physical abilities as anyone can.

Not to mention two weeks into a broken back, fractured skull and broken arms he was talking and requesting burritos.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 08:56:47 AM by kenth »

Offline lastparker

« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2010, 10:44:22 AM »
From the [alleged] son:

Last night ,my dad, was broadsided coming through our town by a drunk driver and sustained serious injuries.He was on his way home from town meeting where he spoke passionately in favor of spending the money to build a new high school for my sisters and I.
Sounds like you NEED a new high school.  Although the bureaucracy alone will keep it from being finished for at least 10 years, so you're - what - 8 years old?

And from [allegedly] clever himself:
cleveramerican  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Wed Jan-13-10 10:19 AM
Original message
November 24, 2009 a day that changed my life.   Updated at 11:52 AM

It was a day like so many others, I went to work and came home to have supper of tacos with my wife an three daughters, just like I always do.

Tacos.  Every night. Really?

The writing styles are pretty much identical.
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2010, 11:05:37 AM »
From the [alleged] son:
Sounds like you NEED a new high school.  Although the bureaucracy alone will keep it from being finished for at least 10 years, so you're - what - 8 years old?

And from [allegedly] clever himself:
Tacos.  Every night. Really?

The writing styles are pretty much identical.

yup

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2010, 11:14:35 AM »
So this guy makes a spittal-flying speech at a town hall, begging for more taxpayer funds to be wasted on a brand-spanking new HS so his kids won't have to go to the perfectly-good-but-may-be-in-need-of-upgrades HS they would normally attend. The measure gets passed.  And THEN he's creamed by an alleged drunk driver on his way home??

Karma's a bitch, ain't it??

Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2010, 11:55:57 AM »
Okay, if nobody else is prepared to call bullshit on this turd, I will. 

As I have mentioned, a little over a year ago, my wife was in an automobile accident in which she had a collapsed lung, broken pelvis, punctured spleen, broken jaw and a ruptured blood vessel in her brain.  Compared to the injuries the DUmbass discribes, fairly minor.  Unlike the bullshitting DUmmy though, when my wife says she has no memory of the event, what she means is that she literally has a blank spot in her memory timeline that goes back to the Friday before the accident (4 days prior to impact) and carries through to about Christmas (still spotty), and she doesn't have complete memory until just after New Years 2009.  There's no, "remembering the Buick hood ornament next to her head" crap.

This guy clims a "fractured skull".  An order of magnitude worse than the injury my wife sustained.  Yet he claims such a perfect, detailed memory of everything that occured right up to point of impact, and fragments of memory immediately following?  Horseshit!  I got $50 bucks that says either that the poster who suggested he's covering for time he spent in the gray-bar hotel is right, or this shithead is laying the groundwork for Round 2 of the Skins Island Scamdal.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2010, 11:59:31 AM »
Okay, if nobody else is prepared to call bullshit on this turd, I will. 

Haven't I been doing that this whole thread?
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline kenth

« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2010, 12:01:03 PM »

This guy clims a "fractured skull".  An order of magnitude worse than the injury my wife sustained.  Yet he claims such a perfect, detailed memory of everything that occured right up to point of impact, and fragments of memory immediately following?  Horseshit!  I got $50 bucks that says either that the poster who suggested he's covering for time he spent in the gray-bar hotel is right, or this shithead is laying the groundwork for Round 2 of the Skins Island Scamdal.

Yep, two weeks into a fractured skull and he was asking for burritos.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2010, 12:07:34 PM »
If this dickwad gets his PayPal account out there racking up credits for this half-baked scam, DUmmy Straight Story is gonna be pissed!! That could be his skydiving money!

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2010, 12:14:41 PM »
I can believe the story about the drunk driver having all the priors and still be out of jail.  Actually I don't know if I believe he was even hit by a drunk driver and I definitely don't believe the part about the town hall meeting but I digress......  

My step-sister is an alcoholic, has been arrested and spent time in jail several times yet they let her out time and time again.  She has been hospitalized so many times it isn't even funny (sometimes for falling down and seriously hurting herself, sometimes because her blood alcohol level was so high she needed hospitalization).  She has been detoxed (in the hospital, in jail or in rehab) more times than I can count yet as soon as she gets out she is back to drinking.  The day after Christmas she called (my step-dad (her dad) and my Mom were here), her mega alcoholic boyfriend was in a "coma" and in ICU.  She was a slobbering mess.  Turns out his blood alcohol level was .48, you read that right .48.  Neither of them work, he is a diabetic and has liver problems (the liver problems are from his drinking).  She is but a shell of her former self.  She had a nursing degree but they took her license away (thank god).  She had a husband and children, now they are out of her life (to be truthful her husband was a complete asshole and probably contributed to her alcoholism).  She has nothing but a drunken boyfriend.  He has a house which is going to be foreclosed on soon.  For money he is selling all of his collectables (mainly old cameras and stuff).  They both go to AA (when they feel like it) but they don't want to help themselves so it isn't going to work.

I guess I'm going off topic but I don't understand addiction.  My brother was addicted to drugs, then he died of a methadone overdose, my step-sister is an alcoholic (as is my dad and my step-dad was...well I don't know if you ever stop being an alcoholic) and she is going to die from it, her boyfriend is definitely going to die from it, her mother died an alcoholic, my other brother is addicted to gambling and use to do pot all the time (he smokes cigarettes one after another now), I know several other addicts, mainly alcoholics.  My Mom's good friend (Shade met her at my brothers funeral) overcame her alcoholism only to switch her addiction from alcohol to shopping.  I would say she is a borderline hoarder but she isn't dirty like what you see on the show Hoarders.  

Once we went to lunch with some friends of my Mom's friend (the one I was talking about above).  All of these friends are from AA.  We were talking about addiction and they asked me how I can drink an alcoholic drink and just stop.  I couldn't answer because I don't know why I can just stop...I just do.  I don't think twice about it.  I definitely think that addiction is in your genes but part of it is your surroundings.  Part nature, part nurture.  

Be easy on us addicts Beg. I'm an alcoholic myself. Come from a long line of 'em. Difference is, I don't have to go to those damn meetins! Addiction is definitely in the genes. Ya just have to realize the fact and operate accordingly. I still drink like a fish but refrain from driving when I do. "Toots" gives me hell 'cause she has to do the drivin' if I get a call.

As a matter of fact, DUI's are my main clientele. Many refuse to take their punishment for being as smart as dog shit!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Specbid

« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2010, 12:27:10 PM »
Be easy on us addicts Beg. I'm an alcoholic myself. Come from a long line of 'em. Difference is, I don't have to go to those damn meetins! Addiction is definitely in the genes. Ya just have to realize the fact and operate accordingly. I still drink like a fish but refrain from driving when I do. "Toots" gives me hell 'cause she has to do the drivin' if I get a call.

Same here. Luckily, I live within short walking distance of 6 bars. 2 1/2 hours til happy hour.

P.S. Rehab is for quitters. :naughty:

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2010, 12:31:57 PM »
Same here. Luckily, I live within short walking distance of 6 bars. 2 1/2 hours til happy hour.

P.S. Rehab is for quitters. :naughty:

heh.  Boyfriend is a brewer.  Good beer at home.  And for the rare occasion I venture where people are, my best friend doesn't like the drink.  Made in the shade.    :naughty:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent