Author Topic: What would Jesus' US Budget look like?  (Read 1932 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
What would Jesus' US Budget look like?
« on: March 04, 2008, 03:54:27 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2958812

lehhhhna  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Mar-04-08 04:13 PM
Original message
What would Jesus' US Budget look like?

Let's just say he's really in charge. What would our annual budget look like?

Refresh | 0 Recommendations    Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
What is with their obsession with Jesus lately?

no_hypocrisy  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Mar-04-08 04:15 PM
Response to Original message
1. Better funding of social programs and food stamps for a start.

Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

zonmoy  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Mar-04-08 04:26 PM
Response to Reply #1
7. closer to complete disbanding of the military industrial complex.

all the wealthy are told to give all their money to the poor. and all people that need help are actually given the help they need the most.

dmallind  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Mar-04-08 04:16 PM
2. Be cautious here

While I'm not a believer I know a lot of people who place much emphasis on JC's encouragement to support charity and share with others.

But I'm pretty au fait with the NT and I can't recall a spot where he said government should do it. That question can actually be answered in a very right wing, almost libertarian way with sound scriptural support.

spanone  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Mar-04-08 04:33 PM
11. i'd guess he wouldn't allocate 600 BILLION DOLLARS for the pentagon

Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: What would Jesus' US Budget look like?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 03:57:14 PM »
Eliminate all the wealthy and you eliminate all wealth.

Jesus was a very, very sharp cookie.  He understood wealth, he just wanted people to have compassion and to put that wealth to good use for others.  UNder no circumstance would He steal money from anyone at the point of a gun just to redistribute it.

This is a variation of the "Jesus would be a Democrat" thread and shows just how little they know about the Bible and Jesus' words.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 04:16:25 PM »
Well for starters the Tax rate would be 10% and voluntary besides.  :-)

OOhhh, even better...

Santa Clause for POTUS!

On Edit:

Oy veh. Now I've forced my own hand. Must link to P.J.O.  :cheersmate:
http://www.groveatlantic.com/grove/bin/wc.dll?groveproc~genauth~568~1048~EXCERPT

God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat
I have only one firm belief about the American political system, and that is this:  God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat.

God is an elderly or, at any rate, middle-aged male, a stern fellow, patriarchal rather than paternal and a great believer in rules and regulations.  He holds men strictly accountable for their actions.  He has little apparent concern for the material well-being of the disadvantaged.  He is politically connected, socially powerful and holds the mortgage on literally everything in the world.  God is difficult.  God is unsentimental.  It is very hard to get into God’s heavenly country club.

Santa Claus is another matter.  He’s cute.  He’s non-threatening.  He’s always cheerful.  And he loves animals.  He may know who’s been naughty and who’s bee nice, but he never does anything about it.  He gives everyone everything they want without thought of a quid pro quo.  He works hard for charities, and he’s famously generous to the poor.  Santa Claus is preferable to God in every way but one:  There is no such thing as Santa Claus.

By the way, buy his books.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 04:18:50 PM by ReardenSteel »
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 04:51:51 PM »
The very premise of the question is absurd because Jesus did not come to establish a world or national secular government,He came to save man from his sins.

That they even propose such a foolish thing shows that they do not believe or know the Bible so therefore they are simply mocking the Word.

For some reason every DUmmies Bible knowledge ends before they get to the Cross.

Offline Servonaut

• In Memoriam
  • "Memento Mori"
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 05:37:26 PM »

OOhhh, even better...

Santa Clause for POTUS!

On Edit:

http://www.groveatlantic.com/grove/bin/wc.dll?groveproc~genauth~568~1048~EXCERPT

I have only one firm belief about the American political system, and that is this:  God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat.

God is an elderly or, at any rate, middle-aged male, a stern fellow, patriarchal rather than paternal and a great believer in rules and regulations.  He holds men strictly accountable for their actions.  He has little apparent concern for the material well-being of the disadvantaged.  He is politically connected, socially powerful and holds the mortgage on literally everything in the world.  God is difficult.  God is unsentimental.  It is very hard to get into God’s heavenly country club.

Santa Claus is another matter.  He’s cute.  He’s non-threatening.  He’s always cheerful.  And he loves animals.  He may know who’s been naughty and who’s bee nice, but he never does anything about it.  He gives everyone everything they want without thought of a quid pro quo.  He works hard for charities, and he’s famously generous to the poor.  Santa Claus is preferable to God in every way but one:  There is no such thing as Santa Claus.

I already have most of them  :cheersmate:

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 07:16:56 PM »

OOhhh, even better...

Santa Clause for POTUS!

On Edit:

I already have most of them  :cheersmate:

Cool.  :cheersmate:

Honestly some of them get dated pretty fast but they will always be funny to me.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 07:23:54 PM »
Jesus would just do the miracle thing and turn $400 million into $2 trillion anyway.  Why worry?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 07:40:11 PM »
Too bad he'd get nailed to a cross by the Iranians.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!