Author Topic: DOD Announces Military Commissions Actions  (Read 2537 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
DOD Announces Military Commissions Actions
« on: November 22, 2009, 09:49:28 AM »
DOD Announces Military Commissions Actions

Today, prosecutors in the Office of Military Commissions announced they intend to ask the convening authority to refer new charges under the recently-enacted Military Commissions Act of 2009 against Abd al-Rahim Hussein Muhammed Abdu al-Nashiri, in connection with the bombing of the USS Cole in the port of Aden, Yemen, in October 2000.  The bombing resulted in the deaths of 17 sailors and injuries to many more.

This announcement follows the attorney general's determination on Nov. 13, 2009, that a military commission was the proper forum for prosecution of al-Nashiri.

The prosecutors are reviewing this and other cases identified by the attorney general as appropriate for trial in a military commission and anticipate making further announcements soon.

As part of the process of moving forward with the prosecution of al-Nashiri, on Nov. 19, 2009, in response to a request from the prosecutors, the convening authority dismissed without prejudice the pending charges against al-Nashiri.  This dismissal without prejudice is a procedural action permitting new charges to be referred at a later time.

A charge is merely an accusation; an accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

http://www.defenselink.mil/releases/release.aspx?releaseid=13145

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: DOD Announces Military Commissions Actions
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 09:50:23 AM »
So....Clinton era terrorists get the tribunals...and the ones that give Libs a chance to put their BDS on display get civilian trials?

Just sayin...

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 09:53:10 AM »
As you've stated many times (and I've stolen and repeated elsewhere:) Different president, different rules.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 10:29:06 AM »
So....Clinton era terrorists get the tribunals...and the ones that give Libs a chance to put their BDS on display get civilian trials?

Just sayin...
You noticed that too, eh?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 10:59:21 AM »
I'm actually just waiting until they plaster this all over CNN...
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 12:22:49 PM »

I'm guessing you'll be waiting quite awhile.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 01:43:10 PM »

Don't hold your breath on that one it may not happen
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.