Author Topic: More Obama 'Not-A-Tax' Taxes  (Read 1903 times)

Offline Alpha Mare

More Obama 'Not-A-Tax' Taxes
« on: November 18, 2009, 09:34:04 AM »
Millions of couples, retirees must repay part of Obama tax credit

More than 15 million taxpayers may owe the government $250 or more because of how the IRS last spring set up President Barack Obama's tax break that was designed to help consumers spend the U.S. economy out of recession.

Individuals with more than one job and married couples in which both spouses work may have to repay the government $400, either through a smaller tax refund or a larger tax bill, according to a report released Monday by the Treasury Department's inspector general for tax administration. Social Security recipients who also earn taxable wages may have to repay $250.

http://www.startribune.com/politics/70186122.html?elr=KArks8c7PaP3E77K_3c::D3aDhUec7PaP3E77K_0c::D3aDhUiacyKUnciaec8O7EyUr

Is Obama planning a $3 trillion income tax increase?

Over at a Wall Street Journal conference, Christina Romer, chairman of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisers had this to say about deficit reduction:

But the chairman of the president’s Council of Economic Advisers admitted that health reform and a growing economy isn’t enough to bring down the deficit. She did mention one other place that revenue could come from: letting the Bush tax cuts expire.

Me: Since Obama already wants to get rid of the income and capital gains tax cuts for wealthier Americans that expire at the end of 2010, clearly what Romer is referring to is the rest of the 2001 and 2003 Bush tax cuts. Letting all the 2001 cuts — rate reductions, child tax credit marriage penalty relief —
http://blogs.reuters.com/james-pethokoukis/2009/11/17/is-obama-planning-a-3-trillion-income-tax-increase/
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: More Obama 'Not-A-Tax' Taxes
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 10:44:51 AM »
And yet when I look around, even after all the ass-busting I've done, it doesn't look like anyone thinks we've spent our way out of anything, let alone a recession.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 10:57:16 AM »
a huge tax increase will do wonders for the economy
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline bkg

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 11:21:40 AM »
And yet when I look around, even after all the ass-busting I've done, it doesn't look like anyone thinks we've spent our way out of anything, let alone a recession.

I keep asking people who support Obama one question:

If you make $100K a year and are $70K in credit card debt, how does borrowing anohter $15K to buy new things improve your financial position?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 11:26:31 AM »
I look for this administration to let ALL of the Bush tax cuts expire, and then to further increase taxes on what they consider the rich. They might even get around to throwing the VAT into the mix.  If you have noticed, several minions of Lord Zero have started talking about how bad the economy is effected by the huge deficits. We know they won't cut spending so that only leaves the option of skyrocketing taxes.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 11:35:20 AM »
I look for this administration to let ALL of the Bush tax cuts expire, and then to further increase taxes on what they consider the rich. They might even get around to throwing the VAT into the mix.  If you have noticed, several minions of Lord Zero have started talking about how bad the economy is effected by the huge deficits. We know they won't cut spending so that only leaves the option of skyrocketing taxes.

Unfortunately, if you have money in your paycheck at the end of "da gubmint" getting done with you, then you're going to be considered rich as well.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 10:06:56 PM »
Millions of couples, retirees must repay part of Obama tax credit

More than 15 million taxpayers may owe the government $250 or more because of how the IRS last spring set up President Barack Obama's tax break that was designed to help consumers spend the U.S. economy out of recession.

I can't wait till this starts getting around to the public. How's that Hope and Change thing workin' out for you Obamatrons?  :lmao:
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 08:26:02 AM »
I can't wait till this starts getting around to the public. How's that Hope and Change thing workin' out for you Obamatrons?  :lmao:

0Bama will find some way to blame it on President Bush.