Author Topic: Soros, Gold and Ford  (Read 1032 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Soros, Gold and Ford
« on: November 19, 2009, 08:51:31 AM »
It is always interesting to see what Soros is up to.

Whoops just had a premature posting.....how embarrassing!!

Yesterday Soros Fund Management Filed a 13-F outlining the fund's long portfolio as of September 30th, 2009.  The total value of the holdings reported in the filing is $6,198,089.  Twenty holdings represented roughly 50% of the value.  Soros Fund Management is a hedge fund management company that invests primarily based on macroeconomic analysis.  It should be noted that the fund's equity portfolio likely contains significant short positions, which are not reported in 13-F filings.  Some of the positions in the filing may be in place as hedges or part of a multi-part trade, rather than a directional bet.  With that in mind, a glance at this firm's major holdings provides clues to its macroeconomic outlook.   

<excerpt>

Link to entire article here>

It should also be noted Soros also just bought an interest in Ford.

Link to Article here>

Why do I feel what is good for Soros is not so good for US??  Just good old fashioned paranoia or should I get in touch with my Tinfoil vendor (real tin foil is so darn hard to come by these day, everyone wants to sell you aluminum foil)

Sparky, think your ole bud Cujo ever pulled the trigger on Ford like he said?   
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 09:02:24 AM by zeitgeist »
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Soros, Gold and Ford
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 09:24:33 AM »
It should also be noted Soros also just bought an interest in Ford.
To short them for not accepting a gov't bailout, I'll wager.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."