Author Topic: Left on brother  (Read 3083 times)

Offline BillyDontLoseMyNumber

• Probationary (Probie)
Left on brother
« on: November 07, 2009, 08:07:07 AM »
I did not write this but It is awesome

"My Glenn-Beckian Rant
Sadly, one of our most highly regarded Comedians has fallen ill, and Jon Stewart offers his tribute. Oh, you mean he’s actually serious about that stuff? Well, I shall offer tribute by going unhinged myself, because I… I… [puts hand to mouth] I… [wait for it] just love this country! And I don’t want THEM to destroy it!

But seriously, fellows. I am mad as hell nowadays. And I am not so mad at the Democrats as some Republicans might hope that I am. Why? Because I got used to compromise and disappointment long ago. And you know something? If the Republican blockade of the Senate weren't continuing to prevent anything of consequence from being done, I might be open to occasional deals and moderate compromises to further my party's agenda, and do it moderately.

But why be so lacking in ambition, if it's not going to change Republican minds or votes? Why hold back those who are saying we should just beat the crap out of the other party and show no mercy? What's the point to being bipartisan if you're just going to get taken advantage of?

Grover Norquist defined bipartisanship as date rape. And no, he wasn't some party functionary hidden in a backwoods district, this is a mainstream political figure in the party.

So far, the Republican Party has agreed with its definition.

<SNIP>

http://www.watchblog.com/democrats/archives/006759.html
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 11:05:26 AM by Chris »

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Left on brother
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 12:18:01 PM »

"My Glenn-Beckian Rant
Sadly, one of our most highly regarded Comedians has fallen ill, and Jon Stewart offers his tribute. Oh, you mean he’s actually serious about that stuff? Well, I shall offer tribute by going unhinged myself, because I… I… [puts hand to mouth] I… [wait for it] just love this country! And I don’t want THEM to destroy it!

But seriously, fellows. I am mad as hell nowadays. And I am not so mad at the Democrats as some Republicans might hope that I am. Why? Because I got used to compromise and disappointment long ago. And you know something? If the Republican blockade of the Senate weren't continuing to prevent anything of consequence from being done, I might be open to occasional deals and moderate compromises to further my party's agenda, and do it moderately.

But why be so lacking in ambition, if it's not going to change Republican minds or votes? Why hold back those who are saying we should just beat the crap out of the other party and show no mercy? What's the point to being bipartisan if you're just going to get taken advantage of?

Grover Norquist defined bipartisanship as date rape. And no, he wasn't some party functionary hidden in a backwoods district, this is a mainstream political figure in the party.

<SNIP>

So much garbage, I think that we need to order a truck to haul it away........

I demand a refund of the twenty minutes of my life spent reading that self righteous claptrap......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 01:50:19 PM »
So much garbage, I think that we need to order a truck to haul it away........

I demand a refund of the twenty minutes of my life spent reading that self righteous claptrap......

doc
You read it??  I couldn't stand the stench that long. 

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 01:55:21 PM »
You read it??  I couldn't stand the stench that long. 

Unfortunately.......one of the mods should pull the plug on that before anyone else wastes their time.......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BillyDontLoseMyNumber

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 04:16:29 PM »
Unfortunately.......one of the mods should pull the plug on that before anyone else wastes their time.......

doc

Yeah, lets pull the plug on it, because the last thing we want around here is a diffrence of opinion. ::)

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 08:46:20 PM »
Yeah, lets pull the plug on it, because the last thing we want around here is a diffrence of opinion. ::)
Differences of opinion are fine.  Paragraph after paragraph of slime, slant and silliness...not so fine.  :whatever:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 07:09:30 AM »

Oh, is that what you call a waste of bandwidth these days?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 08:58:03 AM »

"My Glenn-Beckian Rant

<SNIP>

It was nothing but a talking point "I'm not happy.  Why are other Americans standing up and voicing their opinion when they're different from mine?  They should just shut up and get out of the way" rant.  That's not how the world works.

The Dems hold the majorities in both the House and the Senate.  To blame anything not happening on them is simply a lie.  It was also a lie to claim the R's were invited to help with writing the healthcare bill; they were most definately not invited in a sincere way, that was evident.  Hatred and fear are liberals best friends, and the above quoted rant is just another reflection of that.

Maybe one day this Stephen Daugherty writer will grow up.  But at this pace, it won't be anytime this century.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 09:09:45 AM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.