Author Topic: At Least 7 Reportedly Dead, 12 Others Hurt in Shooting at Army Base in Fort Hood  (Read 41116 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
At least seven people are dead and 12 wounded in a shooting at Fort Hood in Texas, the base's public affairs office told NBC News on Thursday.

The official would not give his name nor additional details. It was unknown whether victims are soldiers or civilians. One gunman was reportedly in custody and another was on the loose, NBC News said.

The base was reportedly on lockdown. Two nearby school districts were also being locked down."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33678801/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

No more details as yet.

http://www.foxnews.com/
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 03:05:30 PM by Chris »

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Several Reported Shot at Fort Hood
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 02:22:44 PM »
FNC and Shep Smith is saying 7 killed, 12 wounded.  Two suspects in custody.  The suspects were "wearing Army fatigues," so that could mean old BDUs or ACUs.  

Prayers for the victims.  The one word that has not been spoken is "terrorism."
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

"BREAKING NEWS
msnbc.com news services
updated 2 minutes ago
At least seven people are dead and 12 wounded in a shooting at Fort Hood in Texas, the base's public affairs office told NBC News on Thursday.

The official would not give his name nor additional details. It was unknown whether victims are soldiers or civilians. One gunman was reportedly in custody and another was on the loose, NBC News said.

The base was reportedly on lockdown. Two nearby school districts were also being locked down." http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33678801/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Offline BlueStateSaint

I also posted this, with slightly more details.  Could a mod merge my thread into this?

One shooter in custody, one on the loose, according to Shep Smith a few seconds ago.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: Several Reported Shot at Fort Hood
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 02:27:11 PM »
Only one in custody.....they are looking for the other one.

Not known if suspects are actually Army.

Post is on lockdown.

Prayers for the families of those killed and those injured and their families......
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 02:27:30 PM »
I hope and pray that is not the case but my gut tells me differant
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 02:28:00 PM »
Mods--could you merge this with bijou's thread?

Chase her.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
KCEN in Waco is reporting that there's a gunman holed up in a building on post.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Fox is reporting that local news is saying there may be TWO shooters still on the loose.

Happened at the welcome center....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Damn. I used to stomp around on that post.

Prayers out for the victims and their families.  :taps:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
News helicopter is in the air, headed for live scene....

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
FBI is headed there too....

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Saying the third shooter was at the Px

:thatsright:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
Third shooter is being called "active shooter"...

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Rep John Carter(R) is on Fox.

He said "1 soldier could be a "berserk soldier", 2 could be "berserk soldier".....3 is a planned attack. And who are they?"

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Good God.  I have people there.  Can someone please provide update when available?  I can't get streaming vids at work, or you tube or audio.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
I hope they catch who ever is responsible before more innocent lives are lost prayers up for the families who do not know and for those lost
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Good God.  I have people there.  Can someone please provide update when available?  I can't get streaming vids at work, or you tube or audio.
There aren't many confirmed details to add, it is on lockdown so the media is not updating much.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator

Now reporting 20 injured....

Offline IassaFTots

I just confirmed my buddy and his wife were ok, so I feel better for them, but jeez.  Just damn.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I just confirmed my buddy and his wife were ok, so I feel better for them, but jeez.  Just damn.

Ft. Hood, Killeen, Harker Heights, and Copperas Cove occupy a lot of real estate in central Texas.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
"Military fatigues" is a very vague statement. Are they in ACU's? BDU's? OD Greens? Not saying it's not a couple of disgruntled troops, but that information could help. It's not hard to get onto Ft. Hood and bypass security. It's a pretty big f'n post.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline IassaFTots

Ft. Hood, Killeen, Harker Heights, and Copperas Cove occupy a lot of real estate in central Texas.

They sure do.  My peeps live on post, but it is still a huge post.  Just glad to hear from them.  It has been a rocky few years for us.  We lost 3, would like to keep this 'un around a little longer.  

edited for proper terminology. 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 03:49:48 PM by IassaFTots »

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Aaaaargh.

Picking nits here, in a really serious subject, but it's a pet peeve of mine:

ATTENTION ON DECK - especially to the asshat media

Be it known that the U.S. Army refers to its installations as posts. Exceptions do occur in foreign lands, but in the continental US, Army installations are posts.

U.S. Marines, U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard and U.S. Air Force refer to their installations as bases.

That is all.