Author Topic: Planned Parenthood San Francisco - commerical  (Read 3743 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Planned Parenthood San Francisco - commerical
« on: January 08, 2008, 01:30:52 PM »
OMG!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU6lBe47fhQ[/youtube]

The ad, according to a PPGG press release, is targeted at “young adults, ages 18-24” and seeks to draw “viewers and listeners with lively characters that provide pregnancy prevention and safer sex education in a fun and entertaining way.”  The release continues, “PPGG created this campaign to stress the importance of sexual health in a creative way that breaks free from the old ineffective paradigm of relying on fear-mongering tactics to inspire behavior changes.”  The release describes Steven as a “flashy flight attendant that also plays the role of sexual health educator.”

In fact, one wonders if the writer of the press release actually saw the edited commercial.  The press release says, “Throughout the ads, condoms and other birth control methods are mentioned as effective tools for preventing the spread of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and unintended pregnancies.”  Actually in this ad, condoms, patches and pills are merely presented as “choices” for making “sweet, sweet love.”  Further, patches and pills don’t protect against STIs, and condoms are ineffective against several STIs, including Human Papillomavirus, which causes cervical cancer.

It is not the first “edgy” ad from the San Francisco PP chapter.   

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kristen-fyfe/2008/01/04/planned-parenthood-uses-gay-character-promote-birth-control-sort
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline LadyLiberty

Re: Planned Parenthood San Francisco - commerical
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 01:37:24 PM »
Nothing PP does amazes me anymore.

In fact, I thought there would be a disclaimer, "These birth control methods are only X% effective. If pregnancy does occur, call us immediately to schedule your abortion."

And the flighty flight attendant....  :gay2:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 03:48:37 PM »
Is there a shoving my finger down my throat to hurl up that horrible bad taste smilie? :p
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline lastparker

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 03:50:52 PM »
Was that one of the Wayans brothers?  :o
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 04:36:11 PM »
Umm, if Planned Parenthood made this commercial, then why did they use a person who isn't gonna' get pregnant anytime soon?

Am I missing something?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 06:08:34 PM »
Umm, if Planned Parenthood made this commercial, then why did they use a person who isn't gonna' get pregnant anytime soon?

Am I missing something?

LMAO :lol:

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 02:41:52 PM »
Comment and rate away:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU6lBe47fhQ

My approval-pending comment was:

"So does the fruit loop have a D&X machine in that cart, too?  Hey, "we're all about choices," right?  Gotta make sure to have the choice to suck the brains out of a baby when it is mere inches from being fully out of the birth canal, right?"

Yeah, I doubt it will be approved, too.