Author Topic: 2009 BCS Standings  (Read 2589 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
2009 BCS Standings
« on: October 18, 2009, 04:58:16 PM »
Week One, for whatever its worth:

RK   TEAM   RECORD
1   Florida   6-0
2   Alabama   7-0
3   Texas   6-0
4   Boise State   6-0
5   Cincinnati   6-0
6   Iowa   7-0
7   USC   5-1
8   TCU   6-0
9   LSU   5-1
10   Miami (FL)   5-1
11   Oregon   5-1
12   Georgia Tech   6-1
13   Penn State   6-1
14   Virginia Tech   5-2
15   Oklahoma State   5-1
16   Brigham Young   6-1
17   Houston   5-1
18   Utah   5-1
19   Ohio State   5-2
20   Pittsburgh   6-1
21   Wisconsin   5-2
22   Arizona   4-2
23   West Virginia   5-1
24   South Carolina   5-2
25   Kansas   5-1

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: 2009 BCS Standings
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 10:57:51 AM »
Go Gators!!

Looks like it's going to be a Gator-Tide showdown at the end of the year w/ UF having the better O and Bama having the better D.

I'm still not impressed with Bama's D, and if you stop the run against them their O is DOA.  They play Tennessee this coming weekend at Bama, and UT has a good D.  If Crompton has a game like he did against UGA, they could win.  If he plays like he normally does, they won't.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 11:01:16 AM »
Go Gators!!

Looks like it's going to be a Gator-Tide showdown at the end of the year w/ UF having the better O and Bama having the better D.

I'm still not impressed with Bama's D, and if you stop the run against them their O is DOA.  They play Tennessee this coming weekend at Bama, and UT has a good D.  If Crompton has a game like he did against UGA, they could win.  If he plays like he normally does, they won't.

With a whole lot of prayer....Compton will play like he did a week ago.

It's still gonna be ugly... :bawl:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 11:32:52 AM »
Is there a team in the top 10 that hasn't played at least one game below expectations/sloppy?

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 11:34:55 AM »
Is there a team in the top 10 that hasn't played at least one game below expectations/sloppy?

The other half went to UCincy....a loooong time ago....he's been surprised..and pleased... at how well they are doing this year.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 11:43:48 AM »

TCU played two games in miserable rain (at Clemson, home vs. SMU) and was able to win both.  They also won by 3 at Air Force (gave up a late TD to make it close) in snow/ice.

Iowa seems to play like crap in the first half for some reason, but they really excel in the second half.  They nearly lost at home to Northern Iowa and Arkansas State, a couple of real stinkers.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 03:09:51 PM »
No way in hell should Boise State and USC be ranked that high.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 04:28:12 PM »
TCU played two games in miserable rain (at Clemson, home vs. SMU) and was able to win both.  They also won by 3 at Air Force (gave up a late TD to make it close) in snow/ice.

Iowa seems to play like crap in the first half for some reason, but they really excel in the second half.  They nearly lost at home to Northern Iowa and Arkansas State, a couple of real stinkers.

Same here with Texas and that cost us our ranking.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 05:14:28 PM »

They have a real shot at being undefeated. IF they win next week @MSU and can get by @tOSU later on. Their other 3 games are against unranked Big Ten teams and all in Iowa. They may be the Big Ten's only shot at respectability. (Penn State is overrated, Buckeyes too though I hate to say it)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 07:39:05 PM »
They have a real shot at being undefeated. IF they win next week @MSU and can get by @tOSU later on. Their other 3 games are against unranked Big Ten teams and all in Iowa. They may be the Big Ten's only shot at respectability. (Penn State is overrated, Buckeyes too though I hate to say it)

Iowa won another ugly game last night.  Both offenses sucked hind teet until the final three minutes.

I still have a feeling that the Hawks will stumble at OSU.  They're just not that impressive, but, they keep winning.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 11:41:10 AM »
Iowa jumps USC, Frogs vault past Boise St.

Week 2:

RK   TEAM   RECORD
1   Florida   7-0
2   Alabama   8-0
3   Texas   7-0
4   Iowa   8-0
5   USC   6-1
6   TCU   7-0
7   Boise State   7-0
8   Cincinnati   7-0
9   LSU   6-1
10   Oregon   6-1
11   Georgia Tech   7-1
12   Penn State   7-1
13   Virginia Tech   5-2
14   Oklahoma State   6-1
15   Pittsburgh   7-1
16   Utah   6-1
17   Ohio State   6-2
18   Houston   6-1
19   Miami (FL)   5-2
20   Arizona   5-2
21   West Virginia   6-1
22   South Carolina   6-2
23   Notre Dame   5-2
24   California   5-2
25   Mississippi   5-2

I know it is a lot to ask, but could I possibly get Oregon to beat USC, Iowa to lose at OSU, and Texas to get upset vs. Okie State? :-)

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 12:30:17 PM »
We should be ranked higher than California, Arizona, and West Virginia. They just "won and lost" at the right time. We'll see at the end of the season. No one respects the SEC until we beat everyone's ass in bowl season. Ain't that right BC, GT, OU, TT, ECU, and Michigan State?

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 02:15:01 PM »
Go Gators!!

Go Gata.

[youtube=425,350]KgbBP9Em00A[/youtube]

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2009, 02:23:25 PM »
Go Gata.

[youtube=425,350]KgbBP9Em00A[/youtube]

"yods"  :lmao:

Is the sports section going to need a Florida tag of some sort?  :-)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826