Author Topic: OU @ Texas  (Read 2862 times)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
OU @ Texas
« on: October 16, 2009, 04:16:15 PM »
Tomorrow's the BIG day........

Hook 'em Horns!!!

(I'll ALWAYS root for ANY Texas team over OU)
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: OU @ Texas
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 04:24:36 PM »
Okay, I'm going to give my annual bitch, and then I'm going to shut up.

I could never understand this concept of the Oklahoma-Texas football game as being on a "neutral" site.

It's deep in the heart of Texas, for God's sake.

It's true it's half the distance between Norman, Oklahoma, and Dallas, Texas, but it's still deep in the heart of Texas, and hence hardly a "neutral" place.

A truly neutral field would be like, in Lincoln, Nebraska.  Or Manchester, New Hampshire.

And think of all the taxes Oklahomans pay to benefit Texas, when attending that game.  Texas gets it all, Oklahoma gets nothing.  Tourism bucks aren't peanuts.

I think that so as to have fairness in the issue, the games should simply alternate between Norman and Austin every year.  Or, if an authentically neutral site is desired, the game be played in an authentically neutral place.

I have no idea why Oklahoma puts up with this.

And ditto for the annual Georgia-Florida football game, again one of these contests held on an ostensibly "neutral" field.  The game's played inside the state of Florida,

Geezuz.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 04:39:27 PM »
it's a border rivalry, Frank. They DO play in Oklahoma sometimes.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 05:02:39 PM »

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 05:05:07 PM »
Tomorrow's the BIG day........

Hook 'em Horns!!!

(I'll ALWAYS root for ANY Texas team over OU)
I just root for the Okies to lose.   :-)

Gig 'Em.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 05:18:32 PM »
C'mon Oklahoma!!

OK, I don't care who wins, I just gotta root against anyone ranked higher than the Buckeye's (and the upstart Bearcats). The BCS will lay down "the law" this weekend and we will see how things shake out. (that means c'mon Irish too, lol)

Anywho, if the Sooners can't beat Texas, I don't know who can... besides Florida.  :p

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 09:13:28 PM »
C'mon Oklahoma!!

OK, I don't care who wins, I just gotta root against anyone ranked higher than the Buckeye's (and the upstart Bearcats). The BCS will lay down "the law" this weekend and we will see how things shake out. (that means c'mon Irish too, lol)

Anywho, if the Sooners can't beat Texas, I don't know who can... besides Florida.  :p

Here, we go. RS is a Sooner man.

Aggies rooting for short-horns.  ::) I thought yall had a blood rivalry not a slap fight...
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 09:26:37 PM »
Frank, it's tradition....and it's played at the Cotton Bowl, which sits in the big fat middle of Fair Park in Dallas, which happens to be the home to the biggest annual fair in the nation, or several nations, which happens to be going on right now.  OU Day at the State Fair of Texas is one big long P-A-R--T-A-Y!, which has already started around the tailgates and Winnebagos and campers which started arriving yesterday.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 09:33:20 PM »
Here, we go. RS is a Sooner man.

Aggies rooting for short-horns.  ::) I thought yall had a blood rivalry not a slap fight...

No dogs in this fight for me. Except watching tOSU and UC climb the BCS ladder.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 09:35:05 PM »
No dogs in this fight for me. Except watching tOSU and UC climb the BCS ladder.

I never thought an Altus man would turn his back on us like that...

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 09:42:26 PM »
I never thought an Altus man would turn his back on us like that...

Heh.

Well I guess I owe the Sooners something. An Air Force brat's loyalty can only go so far though. Seven years Tacoma, go Seahawks. Five years Altus and 4x that in various parts of O-H-I-O. I did learn to hate the Cowboys in my time OK land, I guess I could hate the Longhorns too. They did 'steal' a Fiesta Bowl victory from my Bucks after all. ('steal'= last minute Colt heroics)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 09:46:30 PM »
Heh.

Well I guess I owe the Sooners something. An Air Force brat's loyalty can only go so far though. Seven years Tacoma, go Seahawks. Five years Altus and 4x that in various parts of O-H-I-O. I did learn to hate the Cowboys in my time OK land, I guess I could hate the Longhorns too. They did 'steal' a Fiesta Bowl victory from my Bucks after all. ('steal'= last minute Colt heroics)

There ya go! We gonna put wagon tracks all over Bevo's carcass, baby! Woooo!

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 10:06:41 PM »
Okay, I'm going to give my annual bitch, and then I'm going to shut up.

I could never understand this concept of the Oklahoma-Texas football game as being on a "neutral" site.

It's deep in the heart of Texas, for God's sake.

I think Austin is farther away. On another planet.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 12:30:41 PM »
Missed most of the first half, got stuck on the Iowa-Wisconsin game.

Either OU is playing really well, or UT is playing like crap, or a combination of the two.  Bradford is out, and the Sooners just lost their best offensive lineman.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 01:04:17 PM »
Sooners lead 6-3 at half.

Purdue leading Ohio State 16-7 in 2nd half.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 01:15:41 PM »
Sooners lead 6-3 at half.

Purdue leading Ohio State 16-7 in 2nd half.

The OSU @PU score is misleading. Bucks are getting their butts handed to them big time. (Still only get half my fellow Buckeye's fans to admit that Pryor sucks ass)

Loving the Red River rivalry as a defensive slugfest. (can only get the tOSU game via internet radio)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2009, 01:39:36 PM »
The OSU @PU score is misleading. Bucks are getting their butts handed to them big time. (Still only get half my fellow Buckeye's fans to admit that Pryor sucks ass)

Loving the Red River rivalry as a defensive slugfest. (can only get the tOSU game via internet radio)

Iowa has just about wrapped up a win in Madison, leading 20-10 and the ball with little time remaining.

OSU looks inept on the goal line right now.

Back to the UT-OU game....

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2009, 01:51:07 PM »
Colt and the Texas O-line get er done that drive. Fark. I'm really starting to hate QB McCoy, lol.

C'mon, Sooners... gotta answer.

(tOSU giving Purdue more and more suck by the minute, sigh)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2009, 01:54:47 PM »
Colt and the Texas O-line get er done that drive. Fark. I'm really starting to hate QB McCoy, lol.

C'mon, Sooners... gotta answer.

(tOSU giving Purdue more and more suck by the minute, sigh)

Why is the UT-OU game taking so long? :banghead:  The Iowa/Wisconsin game is over, and it started at the same time.  There are still 6 minutes left in the THIRD QUARTER of the UT-OU game.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 02:09:02 PM »
Why is the UT-OU game taking so long? :banghead:  The Iowa/Wisconsin game is over, and it started at the same time.  There are still 6 minutes left in the THIRD QUARTER of the UT-OU game.

no one can run to keep the clock moving

- Ayn Rand

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 03:09:59 PM »
They should have stayed North of the Red River.......

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTUJSEFKSBE&NR=1[/youtube]

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2009, 08:16:31 PM »
Texas bite, Texas bite, Texas jump up & bite my a$$.
Texas bite, Texas bite, Texas jump up & bite my a$$.
Bite.....bite....bite, bite, bite.
Texas jump up & bite my a$$.

:-)

The real words to the t.u. fight song.   :fuelfire: :tongue:

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2009, 11:10:29 AM »

HOOK EM HORNS!!!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2009, 11:21:33 AM »
First half was a real yawner.  Second half picked up a bit.  But it's one of my favorite rivalry games and I hope to attend one someday.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.