Author Topic: Memo to Kevin Jennings: Your reputation is on the line  (Read 1440 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Memo to Kevin Jennings: Your reputation is on the line
« on: October 06, 2009, 02:01:18 PM »
As you may or may not know, Zombie of the famous Zombie time blog is a liberal but turns a jaundiced eye on liberal excess, here he (or she) writes about the new Safe Schools Czar and has some interesting background info on his 'inspiration'.

[Note: Kevin Jennings is the current "Safe Schools Czar" for the Obama administration.]

Mr. Jennings —

Please read my plea. Your shining career may soon be tarnished. You’re about to be blindsided. And I’d like to help you save your reputation.

You’ve done many admirable things which earned you your position as the Safe Schools Czar. You founded GLSEN, the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network, a support group for teens. You have been a champion against discrimination in schools. And you’ve brought nationwide attention to the problem of bullying against students. All of these are worthy of praise, and I support your efforts in these areas.

But all that is about to be swept away by a scandal of your own making. Yet there’s hope: Because the scandal has not yet become national news, you still have a chance to stop it from spreading, and in the process safeguard your political career.

(And no, I’m not talking about the earlier uproar over your advice to a student.)

Instead, I’m talking about something new — something which up until now has been a minor footnote to that scandal. Something that seems poised to explode into public consciousness any minute. And you still have a brief window of opportunity to get in front of it and defuse the scandal before it breaks.

I’m talking about the revelation that in a speech you gave in 1997, you praised gay rights icon Harry Hay and claimed you were “inspired” by him.

According to various blogs and smaller news outlets, when you addressed the GLSEN Mid-Atlantic Conference on October 25, 1997 in New York, as reported in the January-February 1998 edition of the Lambda Journal, you said:

“One of the people that’s always inspired me is Harry Hay, who started the first ongoing gay rights groups in America. In 1948, he tried to get people to join the Mattachine Society. It took him two years to find one other person who would join. Well, [in] 1993, Harry Hay marched with a million people in Washington, who thought he had a good idea 40 years before. Everybody thought Harry Hay was crazy in 1948, and they knew something about him which he apparently did not—they were right, he was crazy. You are all crazy. We are all crazy. All of us who are thinking this way are crazy, because you know what? Sane people keep the world the same [shitty] old way it is now. It’s the people who think, ‘No, I can envision a day when straight people say, “So what if you’re promoting homosexuality?”‘ Or straight kids say, ‘Hey, why don’t you and your boyfriend come over before you go to the prom and try on your tuxes on at my house?’ That if we believe that can happen, we can make it happen. The only thing that will stop us is our lack of faith that we can make it happen. That is our mission from this day forward. To not lose our faith, to not lose our belief that the world can, indeed, be a different place. And think how much can change in one lifetime if in Harry Hay’s one very short life, he saw change from not even one person willing to join him to a million people willing to travel to Washington to join him.“

So — what’s the problem? The problem is that Harry Hay, despite whatever else he did in his life, was deeply involved with NAMBLA, the North American Man/Boy Love Association — a group which advocates for legalization of sexual relations between adult men and underage boys. In other words, it’s a pro-pedophilia group.  ...

Read the rest at: http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/?p=927

Offline thundley4

Re: Memo to Kevin Jennings: Your reputation is on the line
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 03:16:41 PM »
I've seen the Harry Hay thing mentioned, but not heavily covered.  I didn't know that "zombie" was a liberal. ???

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 03:42:01 PM »
I've seen the Harry Hay thing mentioned, but not heavily covered.  I didn't know that "zombie" was a liberal. ???
That's why he gets access for a lot of the photos and stories, perfect cover.

Offline bkg

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 04:07:51 PM »
I don't understand why NAMBLA would/could at all be an issue...

We're talking about the same congress who wants to add pedophiles as a protected class under hate crimes legislation...