Author Topic: "Conservative Bible" draws ire from those who cheered on the "green Bible"  (Read 34767 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: "Conservative Bible" draws ire from those who cheered on the "green Bible"
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 07:17:42 PM »
You've missed the point. Mrs. Smith suggested that belief in Christ is the only requirement for salvation.
Ah yes..you are doing just what I figured when I pondered your nonsensical questions.

A word game that libs are so fond of,somehow thinking they are proving their intellectual prowess.
No TNO...a simple belief that historically Jesus did live is not the path to Salvation.
As I suspect you well know when it is spoken of in that way it is referring to a belief and acceptance that Jesus paid the penalty for our sins by willingly dying on the cross.
It is the belief that He took our place before God the Father that reunites us to Him.
That entails an admission of our sinful nature and repentance of it.

Juvenile gotcha games do not do anything but prove the one trying to play them is a juvenile.
Once again you have done that very well.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 07:34:24 PM »
You're redefining the word belief to include repentance. If words don't have set meanings then communication is impossible.
No, I'm not.   :-)

Jesus answered and said to him, "Are you the teacher of Israel and do not understand these things?
 "Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen, and you do not accept our testimony.
 "If I told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?
 "No one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven: the Son of Man.
 "As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up;
 so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life.
 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
 "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.
 "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
 "This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil.
 "For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.
 "But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God."

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2010, 07:35:50 PM »
The fact that you've misunderstood a word with a 2000 year history is not my problem.  :lmao:

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2010, 08:04:17 PM »
The fact that you've misunderstood a word with a 2000 year history is not my problem.  :lmao:

My understanding of the word belief is complete. You're trying to change the meaning to suit your purposes.

Imagine that a person who has never attended a Christian religious service or read the Bible meets a priest who tells him that he can attain salvation by believing in Christ. Would the person have any reason to think that he must repent his sins? Of course not... because the word belief does not connote repentance.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:11:41 PM by The Night Owl »
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2010, 08:08:21 PM »
My understanding of the word belief is complete.

Imagine that a person who has never heard of Jesus Christ or the Bible meets a priest who tells him that he can attain salvation by believing in Christ. Would the person have any reason to think that he must repent his sins? Of course not... because the word belief does not connote repentance.
Perhaps you should take that up with Christ?   :-)  After all, He is the One that knows whether or not you BELIEVE.  As you obviously don't understand what He said, then your understanding is NOT complete.   :lmao:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:14:18 PM by MrsSmith »

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2010, 08:11:34 PM »
My understanding of the word belief is complete.

Imagine that a person who has never attended a Christian religious service or read the Bible meets a priest who tells him that he can attain salvation by believing in Christ. Would the person have any reason to think that he must repent his sins? Of course not... because the word belief does not connote repentance.

You spend a lot of time ignoring those things that prove you simple.
I pointed out you are playing a childish game with a word well established in meaning for the context.
It is you trying to redefine it to suit a purpose.

Just the same as we found a while ago here where "scientists" have redefined theory to mean something other then what has always been in context.
Greenhouse effect to global warming to climate change.
Liberal to progressive.

The twisting of definitions to suit their purpose is the sole property of the left...accept and be honest about it

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2010, 08:14:36 PM »
The twisting of definitions to suit their purpose is the sole property of the left...accept and be honest about it

If you think I've twisted the definition of the word belief then show me any dictionary which defines belief as repentance.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2010, 08:23:02 PM »
If you think I've twisted the definition of the word belief then show me any dictionary which defines belief as repentance.
We are talking the bible here, the words of Christ, remember?  He defined it that way.  Go read the red words, it's quite plain.   :-)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2010, 08:26:01 PM »

Nope,not going to play your feigned obtuse game.
You know full well what the accepted and recognized verbiage in "belief in Jesus" means.

Time to take your foolishness on to the next topic you will embarrass yourself with.

Offline Aaron Burr

• Evil Conservative
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2010, 08:37:23 PM »
Just smack him with the hardcover edition.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2010, 09:05:31 PM »
Nope,not going to play your feigned obtuse game.
You know full well what the accepted and recognized verbiage in "belief in Jesus" means.

You can say that salvation requires belief. And, you can say that salvation requires repentance. What you may not say, however, is that repentance is implicit in the act of believing.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2010, 09:26:54 PM »
You can say that salvation requires belief. And, you can say that salvation requires repentance. What you may not say, however, is that repentance is implicit in the act of believing.

Garbage...belief that Jesus died for our sins on the cross requires an acknowledgement that we have sinned and deserve eternal separation.
You can not believe that and not repent nor can you repent but not believe and have Salvation.

Mark 1:1-15...

1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

5 And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.

6 And John was clothed with camel's hair, and with a girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did eat locusts and wild honey;

7 And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.

8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.

10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:

11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

12 And immediately the spirit driveth him into the wilderness.

13 And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him.

14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2010, 09:37:05 PM »
Mark 1:1-15...

15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

So, there you have it-- repent and believe. Two words for two actions. If repentance were implicit in the act of believing then Mark 1:15 would have been written as follows...

15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: believe the gospel.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2010, 10:01:27 PM »
So, there you have it-- repent and believe. Two words for two actions. If repentance were implicit in the act of believing then Mark 1:15 would have been written as follows...

15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: believe the gospel.

Whatever you wish to play around with in this stupid little game you are trying to play.

Don`t ever again then proclaim that evolution is a proven and irrefutable fact given that there are no answers for most of the mechanisms that are needed for it to be true.
Two can play the same games.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2010, 10:06:23 PM »
One other thing TNO...I care not really whether you try to mock the Bible.
It still gives a chance to post Scripture which the Holy Spirit can use to convict you of your sinful nature so as that you repent (first step) and then believe (second step) in the saving grace of Christ.

In the end that is what matters and like it or not it weighs on your mind no matter how much you arrogantly try to throw it off.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2010, 10:07:39 PM »
I'm sorry that your understanding of belief in Christ is so lacking.  He said what He said.  Arguing your limited understanding of His statements is a waste of time.  Either go learn something, or continue without knowledge.  It really doesn't make any difference to anyone except you.  You're more than welcome to continue to  :beathorse:...but you can't change something that was made quite clear 2000 years ago.   :-)

Christ Himself said that belief in Him was all that was required.  You can whine around it all you want, but you can't change it.  :lmao:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 10:09:16 PM by MrsSmith »

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2010, 10:08:13 PM »
Whatever you wish to play around with in this stupid little game you are trying to play.

Don`t ever again then proclaim that evolution is a proven and irrefutable fact given that there are no answers for most of the mechanisms that are needed for it to be true.

It's not a game. It's just English.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2010, 10:10:00 PM »
No, it's your OPINION.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2010, 10:11:31 PM »

His inbred hypocritical nature won't ever allow that to happen.  He's a Lib he doesn't believe he has to follow the same rules that the rest of us do.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2010, 10:12:08 PM »
I'm sorry that your understanding of belief in Christ is so lacking.  He said what He said.  Arguing your limited understanding of His statements is a waste of time.  Either go learn something, or continue without knowledge.  It really doesn't make any difference to anyone except you.  You're more than welcome to continue to  :beathorse:...but you can't change something that was made quite clear 2000 years ago.   :-)

What is made clear in the Bible is that salvation requires both belief and repentance. What you claimed is that salvation requires only belief. There is nothing in the Bible which indicates that belief and repentance are the same thing or that repentance is an aspect of belief.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2010, 10:14:40 PM »

Keep painting yourself as a fool,your choice,but deep down your heart knows there is a God or else you wouldn`t be so determined to prove to yourself there isn`t.

You also know that Jesus died for your sins but you try to arrogantly pretend otherwise through childish ploys.

You reject Him and the Word at your peril,nothing in my life changes for it but really do hope you actually do pick up the Bible and let the Holy Spirit work in your life.

Beyond that I have no more to say.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2010, 10:16:06 PM »
Keep painting yourself as a fool,your choice,but deep down your heart knows there is a God or else you wouldn`t be so determined to prove to yourself there isn`t.

You also know that Jesus died for your sins but you try to arrogantly pretend otherwise through childish ploys.

You reject Him and the Word at your peril,nothing in my life changes for it but really do hope you actually do pick up the Bible and let the Holy Spirit work in your life.

Beyond that I have no more to say.

Get a grip. This argument is not about whether a god exists or not. This argument is about a certain word and what it means.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2010, 10:22:22 PM »
Get a grip. This argument is not about whether a god exists or not. This argument is about a certain word and what it means.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Check the title of this thread retard.  You're in the wrong one.

The "Love" thread is one floor down.

:loser:

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2010, 03:41:07 PM »
Pop quiz:

Can anyone name what else besides God's grace, faith, and repentance is required to attain salvation?
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Aaron Burr

• Evil Conservative
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2010, 03:42:45 PM »
A Winchester.