Author Topic: Wisconsin 2004: more ballots cast than voters recorded  (Read 1660 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Wisconsin 2004: more ballots cast than voters recorded
« on: February 26, 2008, 10:15:08 PM »
Wisconsin 2004: "The reports of more ballots cast than voters recorded were found to be true."

We're continually told that Republicans are being paranoid when they want voters to show ID to prevent fraud.

Well, take a look at a newly-released investigation of the Milwaukee Police Department on voter fraud in the 2004 election — the year, as you'll recall, that John Kerry carried Wisconsin by about 11,000 votes out of almost 3 million.

The first screaming conclusion: "The reports of more ballots cast than voters recorded were found to be true."

UPDATE: This is fascinating reading, and huge, as it obliterates the "voter fraud is an urban legend" argument.

Page 8: "For example, a woman residing in the 4900 block of N. 18th with no recorded date of birth listed is also recorded in the 4900 block of N. 108th with a date of birth. This voter did reside at the N. 108th address at the time of the November General Election. She is now registered to vote and, more important, recorded as voting in two different Wards in the City of Milwaukee."

During a section dealing with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, the report states, "over 10 percent of the ballots cast in Ward 39 during the 2004 General Election were not properly certified by the Election Inspectors or were ineligible to be cast in this Ward." (page 23) "Over 2600 additional persons who do not live in Sandburg Hall are registered and able to vote from an address where they do not reside."

Dang.

"It is the opinion of Task Force investigators that more than any other recommendation we could make, our investigation has concluded that the one thing that could eliminate a large percentage of fraud or the appearance of fraudulent voting on any given Election is the elimination of the On-Site or Same Day voter registration system... Given the inability of Election Inspectors to check the eligibility of a voter on the day of any election, there is no other way to ensure that only eligible voters are voting on Election Day."

link

the unreported story from the 2004 election was that wisconsin was stolen.  the margin was appx 10,000 votes out of almost 3 million cast.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Wisconsin 2004: more ballots cast than voters recorded
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 08:06:33 AM »
And what Dems don't tell you is that they don't care anymore.

It was amazing, really--during the NH primary I saw so many polling places packed to the gills with cars with Mass plates it was everything I could do NOT to demand identifications at some point.

Is it really a democratic system of government anymore when we're just practicing 21st century style Tammany Hall politics?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 08:29:01 AM »
And what Dems don't tell you is that they don't care anymore.

It was amazing, really--during the NH primary I saw so many polling places packed to the gills with cars with Mass plates it was everything I could do NOT to demand identifications at some point.

Is it really a democratic system of government anymore when we're just practicing 21st century style Tammany Hall politics?

I dunno.  On the one hand it is good to know that I will keep voting after I am dead.  OTOH, it sucks that I will be voting democratic.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 08:53:46 AM »

yeah, the biggest point is that it isn't fixed, and we have a general election in 8 months.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 05:04:59 AM »
And all you'll hear from the DUmp on this is . . . . *crickets*
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 12:57:17 PM »
this is not news to anyone who lives here.

I wish I could remember what jackass Jim Doyle's margin of victory was that year...

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...