Author Topic: Pearl apologizes for off-the-cuff joke  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Pearl apologizes for off-the-cuff joke
« on: September 25, 2009, 05:10:40 PM »
Pearl apologizes for off-the-cuff joke

Tennessee men's basketball coach Bruce Pearl has apologized for an off-the-cuff joke he made about a rural area of the state at a charity fundraiser Thursday, calling it "inappropriate."

Pearl, speaking without notes, was addressing Tennessee Valley Authority employees about the challenges he and his staff face in getting players from diverse backgrounds to play as a team.

"I've got a tough job. I've got to put these guys from different worlds together, right?" Pearl said. "I've got guys from Chicago, Detroit ... I'm talking about the 'hood! And I've got guys from Grainger County, where they wear the hood.''

I thought it was  :rotf:

No apology needed.

MORE

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: Pearl apologizes for off-the-cuff joke
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 05:27:32 PM »
Can sure tell Pearl isn't from here.

If he was ....he'd know it was Campbell, Cocke and Scott where they wear the hood!!!

:lmao:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.