Author Topic: Obama: Legalize illegals to get them health care  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Obama: Legalize illegals to get them health care
« on: September 18, 2009, 08:06:02 AM »
Obama: Legalize illegals to get them health care

President Obama said this week that his health care plan won't cover illegal immigrants, but argued that's all the more reason to legalize them and ensure they eventually do get coverage.

He also staked out a position that anyone in the country legally should be covered - a major break with the 1996 welfare reform bill, which limited most federal public assistance programs only to citizens and longtime immigrants.

"Even though I do not believe we can extend coverage to those who are here illegally, I also don't simply believe we can simply ignore the fact that our immigration system is broken," Mr. Obama said Wednesday evening in a speech to the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute. "That's why I strongly support making sure folks who are here legally have access to affordable, quality health insurance under this plan, just like everybody else.

Mr. Obama added, "If anything, this debate underscores the necessity of passing comprehensive immigration reform and resolving the issue of 12 million undocumented people living and working in this country once and for all."

Republicans said that amounts to an amnesty, calling it a backdoor effort to make sure current illegal immigrants get health care.

They got here on their own, let 'em get the H*ll back where they came from on their own.  No "catch & release".  No "sanctuary".  Go home and get in line to return.  Don't like it...complain to your own government.   :banghead: ....or better yet, fix your own country.

MORE

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jinxmchue

Re: Obama: Legalize illegals to get them health care
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 10:23:02 AM »
SON OF A BITCH!!!  I knew it!  I ****ing knew it!  I've been saying for a week or two now that Obama will issue amnesty for illegals and make them immediately eligible for his health care.  One person (a liberal) I spoke to about this pooh-poohed it, claiming it was two different issues.  ********************!!!  I hate it when I'm right.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 10:25:57 AM »
Soon as they find out that all that cash paper money they have been making is going to turn into checks with taxes taken out...they won't be so eagar to stay....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Deuce

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 09:14:15 PM »
Anyone who pays taxes should benefit from taxpayer-funded programs.

So unless illegals start paying taxes...

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 10:00:37 PM »
As close to the border as we are, we don't have much of a problem with illegals.  They pass right through on their way north, to the sanctuary cities.  The dogs did nail one climbing the fence in the back pasture once.  German shepherds love it when their prey runs.  :drool:
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston