Author Topic: Primitives remember 9-11-2001  (Read 2386 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: Primitives remember 9-11-2001
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2009, 01:14:59 PM »

what makes it scary is that the Sears Tower and Cubs game situations could actually happen....

Best way to stop a terrorist is to think like a terrorist.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2009, 01:21:31 PM »

Which is what you wonderful people in our military do.  :bow:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2009, 01:24:22 PM »

I recently read a novel set before 2008 where a civil war broke out. What the terrorists did was used a plan written by a Major who worked at the Penatagon. His job was to think up the scenarios how the bad guys could kill the President and the Secret Service would come up with ways to counter that. Someone leaked his plan and the terrorists used it to kill the POTUS, the VP, and Sec of state. The progressive movement then started attacking law enforcement in the major cities and forced the states to draft legislation to be part of the new progressive govt. It was called Empire by Orson Scott Card.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2009, 01:25:58 PM »
I recently read a novel set before 2008 where a civil war broke out. What the terrorists did was used a plan written by a Major who worked at the Penatagon. His job was to think up the scenarios how the bad guys could kill the President and the Secret Service would come up with ways to counter that. Someone leaked his plan and the terrorists used it to kill the POTUS, the VP, and Sec of state. The progressive movement then started attacking law enforcement in the major cities and forced the states to draft legislation to be part of the new progressive govt. It was called Empire by Orson Scott Card.

You ever wonder how much terrorists could learn from fiction books, tv shows or movies on some of this stuff? :o
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2009, 01:35:54 PM »
You ever wonder how much terrorists could learn from fiction books, tv shows or movies on some of this stuff? :o

Yes I do. I believe Tom Clancy wrote about a similar attack that they used on 9-11 in one of his books before it happened.
Its amazingly easy for the human mind to dream up evil things to do luckily most of us would never carry them out.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2009, 01:37:46 PM »
Yes I do. I believe Tom Clancy wrote about a similar attack that they used on 9-11 in one of his books before it happened.
Its amazingly easy for the human mind to dream up evil things to do luckily most of us would never carry them out.

I read some time ago, that the CSI shows and those similar, were having to change how they were "solving" crimes as they were being to literal and criminals were learning to much from them.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2009, 01:42:07 PM »

I read some time ago, that the CSI shows and those similar, were having to change how they were "solving" crimes as they were being to literal and criminals were learning to much from them.

Whoever said TV isn't educational was wrong.  :-)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2009, 01:45:27 PM »
ZombieHorde  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Sep-11-09 02:37 PM
Original message
I don't understand why 9/11 made people feel patriotic.

So many people were murdered in 2001, why were those 2,993 more special than the other victims of violence?

Why did GWB's popularity rise on 9-11-01?

I was watching the news that day and I did not feel particularly patriotic, I did not like GWB any more than the previous day, I did feel any more sad for those victims of violence than any other victim of violence.

The only reason I can think of is the fact these victims of violence were on TV, and therefore, more real than other victims of violence in people's minds, but I would like to think more of my fellow humans.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6524363

valerief  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Sep-11-09 02:43 PM
Response to Original message
2. It doesn't make sense. It's that sports mob mentality, I think. We all know it was MIHOP anyway. nt

:mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2009, 02:27:20 PM »

I believe that was called Debt of Honor.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2009, 02:35:26 PM »

He also wrote the novel "The SUm OF All Fears" which has Palestinian terrorists detonating a nuke at the Super Bowl. 

Debt Of Honor is the one where the JAL pilot plunges his 747-400 full of fuel into the dome of the Capitol during a joint session of Congress.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2009, 02:46:38 PM »
Absolutely disgusting.  Yeah, they all want to quit 'remembering' 9/11 but ****ing KATRINA should be remembered forever!

They can all bite my ass.  Everyone of them.

KC
It really speaks to how foolish they are that they want a natural event remembered with every ounce of vitriol we have(who should we be mad at? God? the divergence of weather systems? The dynamics of moisture heavy air over the Atlantic in the summer time? You know something anyone on those coasts KNOW could potentially happen

OVER a vile incident created by misguided and violent Muslims whom we are still at battle with for the sake of civilization. You know, we should forget something that involved people taking advantage of our trust and openness of a nation. We should forget so it can happen all over again.

What does it profit us to remember Katrina? Save from being a bit better prepared, we can not stop nature's wrath ultimately, but 9/11 is something we CAN address. It's not about preperation alone, but battling the evil head on and pushing it back.

I'll give them at least a toast to consistency mostly like *IF* they also want to forget the iconic moments the left loves to rehash:Matthew Shephard, Stonewall, Abu Gharib....

shit, the stupid hippies over there are still climaxing over Woodstock even though it happened 40 years ago. They are so transparent as to be laughable. I think what I find most absurd is they can't see their own hypocrisy in anything. They have absolutely no moral compass that makes them feel a little ashamed of the fact that they apply a double standard to historical events and who/what is involved in them.

I agree wtih others; they want to forget this only because it highlights the failings during the reign of the 'great' Bill Clintoon. They know this at their very core no matter how much they want to blame Bush just because he was the sitting president 8 months in. They know this required more then 8 months planning and that much of the planning went on and the weaknesses found during the Clinton years. They only waited for their opportunity to act.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2009, 02:52:28 PM »
He also wrote the novel "The SUm OF All Fears" which has Palestinian terrorists detonating a nuke at the Super Bowl. 

Debt Of Honor is the one where the JAL pilot plunges his 747-400 full of fuel into the dome of the Capitol during a joint session of Congress.

I recall sum of all fears. I kind of figured that may have inspired your story.
 :-)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2009, 02:53:34 PM »
It really speaks to how foolish they are that they want a natural event remembered with every ounce of vitriol we have(who should we be mad at? God? the divergence of weather systems? The dynamics of moisture heavy air over the Atlantic in the summer time? You know something anyone on those coasts KNOW could potentially happen

OVER a vile incident created by misguided and violent Muslims whom we are still at battle with for the sake of civilization. You know, we should forget something that involved people taking advantage of our trust and openness of a nation. We should forget so it can happen all over again.

What does it profit us to remember Katrina? Save from being a bit better prepared, we can not stop nature's wrath ultimately, but 9/11 is something we CAN address. It's not about preperation alone, but battling the evil head on and pushing it back.

Not to mention that the 'victims' of Katrina had well over a week to be prepared.  How much time did those on 9/11 have?  One was a natural event and one was man made and the DUmmies want to forget the one that was a direct assault on our nation ON PURPOSE.

They make me ill with their bullshit.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2009, 02:55:51 PM »
I recall sum of all fears. I kind of figured that may have inspired your story.
 :-)

Mine was based on seeing how the Clinton administration treated al-qaeda and how they  reacted or didn't to attacks from 1992 - 2001.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2009, 02:58:03 PM »
Mine was based on seeing how the Clinton administration treated al-qaeda and how they  reacted or didn't to attacks from 1992 - 2001.

I meant the cub games getting bombed not the whole thing.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2009, 02:58:27 PM »
Not to mention that the 'victims' of Katrina had well over a week to be prepared.  How much time did those on 9/11 have?  One was a natural event and one was man made and the DUmmies want to forget the one that was a direct assault on our nation ON PURPOSE.

KC

Same here, my friend.  :(

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2009, 03:08:16 PM »
I meant the cub games getting bombed not the whole thing.

Ahh..well Chicago seemed the next obvious target IMHO...like they had it planned out by time zone.

Thankfully we'll never know because they grounded the planes.  No telling how many were denied their change at their 72 virgins that day.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2009, 03:16:10 PM »
Ahh..well Chicago seemed the next obvious target IMHO...like they had it planned out by time zone.

Thankfully we'll never know because they grounded the planes.  No telling how many were denied their change at their 72 virgins that day.

The rumors were quite rampant that day that we were going to get hit in Chicago.  I worked somewhat near O'Hare, and my wife worked just north of the loop, very near the Hancock & Sears Towers.  I was pretty petrified.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2009, 03:18:43 PM »
The rumors were quite rampant that day that we were going to get hit in Chicago.  I worked somewhat near O'Hare, and my wife worked just north of the loop, very near the Hancock & Sears Towers.  I was pretty petrified.

Yeah I remember at one point hearing on the news that they were actually evacuating the Sears Tower.

Didn't Mayor Daley use 9/11 as an excuse to shut down Meigs Field?

I got my computer pilots license flying out of there on Flight Simulator  :-)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2009, 03:20:53 PM »
Yeah I remember at one point hearing on the news that they were actually evacuating the Sears Tower.

Didn't Mayor Daley use 9/11 as an excuse to shut down Meigs Field?

I got my computer pilots license flying out of there on Flight Simulator  :-)

They did evacuate the Sears Tower, and some other downtown buildings.

Daley had a number of reasons, including 9/11 to close Meigs.  It pissed off a lot of people, including you Flight Simulator geeks. :-)  Seriously though, his wife wanted to replace it with a garden of all things, and that's pretty much how the story ended up.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2009, 03:22:02 PM »

KC

They don`t give a damn about one person in NO they view Katrina as a "win" politically and that is what it means to them.

In contrast 9/11 proves their self absorbed socialist desires to be fatally flawed in perspective so it was a political "loss" to them.

Sick rotten bastards every last damn one of them.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2009, 03:38:37 PM »
Stinky The Clown  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Sep-11-09 10:47 AM
Original message
At what point is it appropriate to end the 9/11 maudelinitudinousness?

Edited on Fri Sep-11-09 10:49 AM by Stinky The Clown
Wall to wall 8-year old 9/11 coverage reruns on teevee ......

Can this get ended at some point?

edit to clarify

Never you ****tard!!!!!!  :bird: 9/11 should never be forgotten. You're just mad that your idol, Salvador Allende go overthrown by Augusto Pinochet. Too bad.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2009, 03:39:36 PM »
Absolutely disgusting.  Yeah, they all want to quit 'remembering' 9/11 but ******* KATRINA should be remembered forever!

They can all bite my ass.  Everyone of them.

KC

Katrina affected everyone, not just New Orleans. Also, we were whacked by Ike and that was bad too, but no cities were destroyed and no one whined like after Katrina.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2009, 03:43:16 PM »
Katrina affected everyone, not just New Orleans. Also, we were whacked by Ike and that was bad too, but no cities were destroyed and no one whined like after Katrina.

The only place the whining came from was NOLA.  All other affected by Katrina just picked up and carried on. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2009, 03:45:56 PM »
The only place the whining came from was NOLA.  All other affected by Katrina just picked up and carried on. 

Oh yeah. St. Bernard Parish, Slidell, and Coastal Mississippi got whacked really badly and they are recovering in every way possible. If New Orleans was not stuck with all the bickering and media attention, they would be recovering like outside of the city.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du