Author Topic: Primitives remember 9-11-2001  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Primitives remember 9-11-2001
« on: September 11, 2009, 09:54:23 AM »
with their usual class and grace.  :whatever:

Loge23  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Sep-11-09 07:34 AM
Original message
The ash pile of 9/11

Today's anniversary marks 8 tumultuous years since the horror of 9/11/01.
There are literally thousands of families today still nursing the open wounds of their loss, and it is for them that I grieve.
Whatever one thinks about 9/11, thousands of innocent people lost their lives, horribly, just because they showed up for work.

What remains indelible in my mind from that day is symbolic of where this country has gone since then.

The site remains a pit - yes, there is activity; but after eight years our pledge to rebuild - or even place a memorial there - has proved to be beyond our ability.

The sitting President from that day used the tragedy for political gain: invading a country, draining our national resources, and subverting our own civil rights and liberties. The perpetrators are dead, the planners never held accountable, and we still to this day futilely chase their enablers in Afghanistan.

Airports, used as the entry point for a incredibly hard-to-comprehend terrorist operation - in spite of warnings and security safeguards - have now become mini-penal colonies. Some better than others, but try Ft. Lauderdale's Terminal D if you wish to experience the full Kafkaesque treatment.

Our political system lies among the ashes, broken and hopeless.

Our financial system has broken down to a level so low that even the slightest sign of any positive news sparks the irrational exuberance that we passed on the way down a long time ago.

The terrorists of 9/11, regardless of how they were able to pull this off, did not destroy this country that day. They basically flicked their finger at the shell of what our country had already become. They are murderers, for sure; but the ash pile is all ours.

May the lost Rest in Peace.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6520857

RoccoR5955  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Sep-11-09 07:44 AM
Response to Original message
1. 9/11 was an inside job n/t

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: Primitives remember 9-11-2001
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 09:56:03 AM »
Stinky The Clown  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Sep-11-09 10:47 AM
Original message
At what point is it appropriate to end the 9/11 maudelinitudinousness?

Edited on Fri Sep-11-09 10:49 AM by Stinky The Clown
Wall to wall 8-year old 9/11 coverage reruns on teevee ......

Can this get ended at some point?

edit to clarify

You know what **** you stinky the brown stain.
 :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6522041

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 09:58:43 AM »
You know that feeling, when you see a door, and you think you ought not to open it.  And then curiousity kicks in so you open it, only to wish you could redo that moment and walk right past the door?

Yeah, that is what I thought when I first saw this thread.  Shoulda kept the dang door shut.   :banghead:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 09:59:11 AM »
seafan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Sep-11-09 10:57 AM
Original message
On the anniversary of this tragic day, we remember the sorrow of what we have lost as a nation.   Updated at 8:57 AM

The people of America and of other nations who worked in World Trade Center;

The responders who rushed in to try to save the people in those towers;

The long-term and devastating pubic health consequences;

The innocent people of Iraq;

The innocent people of Afghanistan;

The courageous members of our armed forces;

Our Constitutional rights;

Our international reputation;

Our system of justice.

All of these things serve as the burning reminder of what the past eight and one half years of America's betrayal by those who seized power outside the parameters of justice, have wrought.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6522132

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 10:01:18 AM »
Stinky The Clown  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Sep-11-09 10:47 AM
Original message
At what point is it appropriate to end the 9/11 maudelinitudinousness?

Edited on Fri Sep-11-09 10:49 AM by Stinky The Clown
Wall to wall 8-year old 9/11 coverage reruns on teevee ......

Can this get ended at some point?

edit to clarify

Go to Hell.

I was there a$$hole.
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 10:05:09 AM »
Philosoraptor  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Sep-11-09 07:25 AM
Original message
Regarding 9-11, I'm STILL a proud conspiracy theorist.

I absolutely do not accept the official bush white house story about what happened.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6520831

Lots of MIHOP and LIHOP banter in that thread.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 10:06:01 AM »
You know that feeling, when you see a door, and you think you ought not to open it.  And then curiousity kicks in so you open it, only to wish you could redo that moment and walk right past the door?

Yeah, that is what I thought when I first saw this thread.  Shoulda kept the dang door shut.   :banghead:

You and me both.

Hey lurking DUmmies.... :bird: and the horse you rode in on.

And YES you can quote me.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 10:08:35 AM »
Of course the DUmmies want this to "just end"...or to be turned into something different that what 9/11 should be.

That's because every year 9/11 is a reminder about how weak and gutless the Democrat Party is when it comes to seeing evil...protecting their fellow citizens from harm...and supporting the Military.

Not to mention it reminds everyone else who doesn't vote for the Communists as well.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 10:09:40 AM »
I usually just shake my head or chuckle at DUmmies evil idiocy but on this one all I can say is **** YOU you miserable pieces of shit.
I hope their is a spot in hell reserved for you that will let you live for real the horror of that day and what those victims suffered.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 10:11:01 AM »
Of course the DUmmies want this to "just end"...or to be turned into something different that what 9/11 should be.

That's because every year 9/11 is a reminder about how weak and gutless the Democrat Party is when it comes to seeing evil...protecting their fellow citizens from harm...and supporting the Military.

Not to mention it reminds everyone else who doesn't vote for the Communists as well.
:agree: :yeahthat:

ETA:  Yours too, neighbor.  Hopefully, someone won't spout shit in front of me today.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 10:11:47 AM »
What is Sparkly'sBitch doing posting? Those toilets are going to lick themselves clean now...
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 10:12:18 AM »
I usually just shake my head or chuckle at DUmmies evil idiocy but on this one all I can say is **** YOU you miserable pieces of shit.
I hope their is a spot in hell reserved for you that will let you live for real the horror of that day and what those victims suffered.

Amen brother!

:bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:
For all you lurking primitives.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 10:26:11 AM »
Pitt Stain stays sober long enough to recall 9-11,
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6518105

I wont copy it here you can try to read his dribble if you want by clicking the link.

mike_c  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Sep-10-09 09:30 PM
6. can't we please just get over this national obsession with 9/11...?

Do we have to trot this old horse out every September?

:bird: :bird: :bird: :censored:

Mari333  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Sep-11-09 06:42 AM
Response to Reply #12
31. I remember turning to my husband that day, Sept 11

and saying "The worst thing we can do is attack someone back. We cannot have a knee jerk response to this...The United States sticks its nose into everyone else's countries and then wonders why this happened...maybe this is a moment where they can do some soul searching and look in the mirror"

I still feel that way.

Mari666 apologizing for having the twin towers in the way.  :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:

tucsonlib  Donating Member  (981 posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Sep-10-09 11:04 PM
15. After Tomorrow

..the Obama administration will have "kept America safe" longer than Bush/Cheney managed to do......

Wrong shit stain Obama has done nothing to fight terrorism every thing that has been done was set in motion under Bush. If this is still Bush's economy then this is Bush's safety record too.
 :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:

ThatsMyBarack  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Sep-10-09 11:07 PM
17. When I think of 9/11....

I think of the votes that were stolen from President Al Gore 10 months before--and how if they'd only COUNTED EVERY VOTE, we may still have the Twin Towers today. :(

They counted every vote and you just didn't like the results. Plus what the **** would have mr global warming done anyway? Make the terrorists pay for carbon credits?

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 10:36:17 AM »
December 7th has been remembered for 68 years....

9/11 for 8....

gonna be remembered for a looooooong time.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 10:42:01 AM »
December 7th has been remembered for 68 years....

9/11 for 8....

gonna be remembered for a looooooong time.

Wonder if we should say that Pearl harbor day was FDR's failure. Heck there are just as many conspiracy theories that dec,7 was LIHOP.
Naw we have more class than that. And unlike the DUmmies we are grateful to those who won that war on all fronts even the countries that never attacked us directly.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 10:54:47 AM »
imax2268  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Sep-11-09 11:50 AM
Original message
Sorry, but I don't want to be reminded about today...

Is that wrong? Is it wrong for me to not want to be reminded about what happend a few years ago on this date...?

It's tragic what happend, and I feel for those who lost loved ones, but I'm past it...sorry...

Is that wrong for me to think this way...?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6522637

Is it ok that I am past Ted Kennedy's passing?

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 11:20:18 AM »
They counted every vote and you just didn't like the results. Plus what the **** would have mr global warming done anyway? Make the terrorists pay for carbon credits?

President Gore Reaches Agreement With Taliban

Payments Transferred to Afghan National Reserve Bank As Early As Next Week

Washington AP - The White House announced today that a deal has been brokered between the U.S. and the Taliban government in Afghanistan ending 4 years of terrorist attacks on the U.S. that crippled infrastructure and halted the financial markets.

With the construction on the new Capitol Dome as a backdrop, President Al Gore announced that a deal had been made.

"It's a great day for America and the American people." the President triumphantly declared. "Now we can get down to the job of rebuilding a new, greener America for future generations."

The U.S. Government was finally forced to accept the Taliban deal, brokered by U.N. chief Vladamir Putin after the latest round of passenger airliner attacks killed 5,300 civilians in Chicago when a United Airlines 777ER bound for Japan was smashed into the Sears Tower and what Chicago police estimate was up to a half dozen suicide bombers detonated their devices at a sold out Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, causing the entire upper section along the third base line to collapse onto fans in the mezzanine and box seat areas.

Sources close to the talks say that  the U.S. will pay the Afghan regime nearly $20 billion a year for the next 20 years as restitution for what is being called "world atrocities" and "a history of global hegemony".  Part of that sum will go to the families of suicide bombers who were forced to become martyrs for the resistance of the Western Infadels.

The U.S. also must give up it's seat on the U.N. security council, submit the entire senior leadership of the units involved in the 2001 Operation Mountain Lion engagement in Afghanistan and the senior leaders of the Divisions and Corps involved in the 2003 invasion of Iraq to the International Criminal Court in the Hague for war crimes trials.

White House Press Secretary David Allen said that now that the U.S. has begun to make amends for past atrocities "we can now look forward to a brigher day as a partner with the rest of the world.  This agreement is good for the country and for the global community as well."
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 11:24:20 AM by TxRadioguy »

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 12:32:42 PM »
Damn, that's good, TxRadioGuy.

Awesome.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 12:45:57 PM »
Damn, that's good, TxRadioGuy.

Awesome.

I feel like I need to take a shower after writing stuff like that.  It scares me that I can write that way.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 12:50:29 PM »
I feel like I need to take a shower after writing stuff like that.  It scares me that I can write that way.

That was good actually. Scary but, good.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 12:55:11 PM »
That was good actually. Scary but, good.

I think what makes it scary is that...given the track record of Liberals in our lifetime...we can all envision that as an actual headline...because we know that's how the Libs would behave if they could get away with it.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 12:58:19 PM »
I think what makes it scary is that...given the track record of Liberals in our lifetime...we can all envision that as an actual headline...because we know that's how the Libs would behave if they could get away with it.

Oh yeah no doubt.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 01:00:21 PM »

what makes it scary is that the Sears Tower and Cubs game situations could actually happen....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 01:10:09 PM »
I won't even waste my anger on these dirtbags. I choose to focus my energy on the fallen who perished that way and the brave ones who stood up to fight for our country.

SCREW YOU DU. You're not worthy of my indignation. You're insignificant gutter trash.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2009, 01:13:40 PM »
Absolutely disgusting.  Yeah, they all want to quit 'remembering' 9/11 but ****ing KATRINA should be remembered forever!

They can all bite my ass.  Everyone of them.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen