Author Topic: Obama mulling major health care speech  (Read 1919 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Obama mulling major health care speech
« on: September 02, 2009, 02:24:17 PM »
With a bipartisan deal looking less likely and many Americans confused by the debate, the White House is signaling that President Obama will try to sharpen his message on what exactly he wants Congress to put in a health overhaul.

Obama has held a series of town halls, and a prime time news conference, but senior adviser David Axelrod said in a series of interviews late Tuesday and early today that the president is considering giving a major health care speech soon after he returns from his Camp David vacation and Congress reconvenes next week.

"We're entering a new season," Axelrod told CNN today. "It's time to synthesize and harmonize these strands and get this done." ...
link

That's nice, yet another prime time speech.  I expect you are all looking forward to it.  :rotf:

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: Obama mulling major health care speech
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 02:25:30 PM »
Time to dust off my Clinton era piece of cardboard with the words "He's lying" on it and tape it to the TV again.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 02:29:54 PM »
Time to dust off my Clinton era piece of cardboard with the words "He's lying" on it and tape it to the TV again.
Why not treat yourself to a cool new 21st century version?

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 02:49:01 PM »
Every time Black Jesus talks his ratings drop. Go right ahead Dingle Barry. Speak all you want.

[attachment deleted by admin]
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 02:50:28 PM »
Do that make him a "Mullah?"  Jus' wondr'in.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 03:31:36 PM »

Affirmative....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 04:20:06 PM »
Oh look mama it's the All Barack Channel!! :whatever:

When is he going to learn that the vast majority of American voters are moderates who see through this perpetual campaigning? We want leaders who govern, not run for office after they are in office. Empty lying suit....
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 04:25:34 PM »
I just read that the only time any president has addressed the joint houses of congress outside of the State of the Union Address was when President Bush did it post 9-11.  Does that mean that 0Bama equates the dispute over health care with terrorism?  Oh wait. Never mind, the left has pretty much accused everyone opposed to 0Bama's plans as being everything from racist to terrorists, already.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 05:46:57 PM »
Why not do something fun when he is on the air like tape a picture of his face to a dart board instead
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 05:53:39 PM »
Why not do something fun when he is on the air like tape a picture of his face to a dart board instead

How about the 0Bama urinal target, instead. ?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 06:47:36 PM »
The urnal might be fun but why not a full out toliet so we can also take a crap all over his face instead? Hell it might even scare my dog from drinking of of the toliet all of the time
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 06:52:50 PM »

And it would probably make his latest pulpit pounder to issue forth over TBN (that's Teh BarackStar! networks) a fatwah...

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 05:08:26 PM »
How about the 0Bama urinal target, instead. ?

On a lark I googled "Obama urinal target" and discovered.....

THAT'S A REAL PRODUCT!!!   :lmao:

Nice find.  :-)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 08:03:33 AM »
I just read that the only time any president has addressed the joint houses of congress outside of the State of the Union Address was when President Bush did it post 9-11.  Does that mean that 0Bama equates the dispute over health care with terrorism?  Oh wait. Never mind, the left has pretty much accused everyone opposed to 0Bama's plans as being everything from racist to terrorists, already.

Actually, that's not true.  Clinton also addressed a joint session of Congress back in 1993.

To try and pass HillaryCare.  We all remember how that turned out, don't we?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chump

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 11:48:57 AM »
Yawn.  We haven't had any sort of television service for 6 months.  We're happier, we're more productive, and we give exactly zero (0) shits when Zer0 speaks.

But seriously, the campaigner in chief -who's only experience for the job is campaigning for the job- is still campaigning?  Golly gee, knock me over with a freaking feather.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.   ~Robert A. Heinlein

...let the cannibal who snarls that the freedom of man's mind was needed to create an industrial civilization, but is not needed to maintain it, be given an arrowhead and bearskin, not a university chair of economics.
~Atlas Shrugged, Galt's speech