Author Topic: Protesters ask Clinton to iron shirts  (Read 4664 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Protesters ask Clinton to iron shirts
« on: January 08, 2008, 08:07:29 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080108/ap_on_el_pr/clinton_laundry

SALEM, N.H. - Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign stop was interrupted Monday when two men stood in the crowd and began screaming, "Iron my shirt!" during one of her final appearances before the New Hampshire primary.

Clinton, a former first lady running to become the nation's first female president, laughed at the seemingly sexist protest that suggested a woman's place is doing the laundry and not running the country.

"Ah, the remnants of sexism — alive and well," Clinton said to applause in a school auditorium.

The two men were removed from the hall after raising a pair of signs that said, "Iron my shirt!" They also shouted the same slogan.

"Can we turn the lights on? It's awfully dark," Clinton said, cueing the lights to come and police to come forward to take the men away.

The overflow crowd burst into applause and some began shouting, "Iron my shirt" as the two were taken from the hall.

"As I think has been abundantly demonstrated, I am also running to break through the highest and hardest glass ceiling," she said.

Clinton later joked about the incident as she invited questions.

"If there's anyone left in the auditorium who wants to learn how to iron a shirt, I'll talk about that," she said with a smile.

Clinton placed a disappointing third place in Iowa's caucuses last week and faces a tough challenge in Tuesday's primary from Barack Obama, who leads her with just one day remaining.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

Re: Protesters ask Clinton to iron shirts
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 08:11:16 AM »
Further investigation reveals that the protesters were saying "iron your shirt", this is further updated to reveal that Ms Clinton was topless at the time.

ok...ok....this part I made up
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 09:07:11 AM »
Crap like this makes me mad because she turns it around.  :hammer:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline djones520

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 09:27:41 AM »

Turn it around how?  I'm having a hard time seeing it any other way then a bunch of inbred sexist men making total asses of themselves.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 10:08:42 AM »

Turn it around how?  I'm having a hard time seeing it any other way then a bunch of inbred sexist men making total asses of themselves.
Exactly my point. Some silly guys heckle Clinton and she comes out looking like the victim. What they did hasn't helped at all.

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 12:55:10 PM »
What they did hasn't helped at all.
True...they still have wrinkled shirts.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 01:02:05 PM »
What they did hasn't helped at all.
True...they still have wrinkled shirts.
:rotf: and another broken campaign promise.  :-)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 01:09:01 PM »

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 03:48:36 PM »

Exactly my point. Some silly guys heckle Clinton and she comes out looking like the victim. What they did hasn't helped at all.

I suspect it was a plant by her. Never know about this conniving bitch. She came out smelling like a rose. Race did not work for her so she going to try sexism. Next week it could be, I am divorcing Bill. Poor me! 

Offline Dixie*Darling

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 03:37:15 AM »
http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/30151.html

"Iron My Shirt" Protester Was a Plant
January 08, 2008 02:00 PM EST

Today at a whistle stop in Salem, New Hampshire, an alleged protester raised a sign saying "Iron My Shirt" while hollering the same idiotic slogan.

I do not know anybody in the men's movement who would resort to this level of idiocy. I do, however, know a few individuals hitting the whistle stops with truly intelligent questions, all of whom have been hustled away literally before they could finish the question.

The way Hillary handled the situation was too smooth and prepared to be a legitimate protest. Having worked in the entertainment business previously, I know a plant when I see one. Hillary spammed the Florida debates with stool pigeons and was caught red-handed. She is up to her old tricks trying to turn her presidency into a feminist women's entitlement issue. In fact, I'm so sure this guy was a plant I'll buy Hillary a vegetarian salad if it wasn't.

The AP lied about what went on. They claim that two men were yelling "Iron My Shirt". The video clearly evidences a lone person.

Hillary is a power-mad woman who will go to any ends to pontificate, yell, cry, wheedle, cajole, or bullyrag herself into the Presidency. She will never get it, because America is too wise to the wiles of radical feminism to believe she has anything other than trouble to offer America.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 04:53:03 PM »
I think the iron my shirt won over many female voters thus insuring her victory. She will come out with this kind of crap every week on the stump. This kind of stuff may backfire on her if it becomes a regular event. I would like know what the two turkey's candidate affiliation is that made the shirt comment.

Offline seemomgonuts

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 06:37:14 PM »
I think it was a plant too.