Author Topic: Molds on Food: Are They Dangerous?  (Read 755 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Chris

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1476
  • Reputation: +521/-16
Molds on Food: Are They Dangerous?
« on: August 14, 2009, 06:28:44 PM »
After hearing Barack Obama tell people how they should raise their children during a stump speech in early 2008, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this website was in the works.

Quote
How Should You Handle Food with Mold on It?
Buying small amounts and using food quickly can help prevent mold growth. But when you see moldy food:

    * Don’t sniff the moldy item. This can cause respiratory trouble.
    * If food is covered with mold, discard it. Put it into a small paper bag or wrap it in plastic and dispose in a covered trash can that children and animals can’t get into.
    * Clean the refrigerator or pantry at the spot where the food was stored.
    * Check nearby items the moldy food might have touched. Mold spreads quickly in fruits and vegetables.
    * See the attached chart “Moldy Food: When to Use, When to Discard.”

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/FactSheets/Molds_On_Food/#16

"Dude, is that like, safe to eat?" 

"I don't know, man.  Lets try it."
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.