Author Topic: Tried something new over the weekend....  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Flame

Tried something new over the weekend....
« on: February 25, 2008, 09:26:53 AM »
A pineapple angelfood cake.  It was quite tasty.  And easy, too!

1 box angelfood cake mix
1 can of crushed pineapple (with juices)

Combine the 2 and bake according to package directions (I added about 5 minutes to make sure it was done).

Next time I might throw the pineapple into a food processor to eliminate lumps, but it was still yummy!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Tried something new over the weekend....
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 09:30:03 AM »
A pineapple angelfood cake.  It was quite tasty.  And easy, too!

1 box angelfood cake mix
1 can of crushed pineapple (with juices)

Combine the 2 and bake according to package directions (I added about 5 minutes to make sure it was done).

Next time I might throw the pineapple into a food processor to eliminate lumps, but it was still yummy!

Thanks for reminding me how much I love angel food cake (I can't really have it these days) :(
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 09:32:54 AM »
Try this with a can of cherry pie filling.  Cut the other liquid for the mix back by about one-half a cup.  Use milk even if the box calls for water.  This is good with a yellow cake mix too.   :innocent:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 10:06:57 AM »
Try this with a can of cherry pie filling.  Cut the other liquid for the mix back by about one-half a cup.  Use milk even if the box calls for water.  This is good with a yellow cake mix too.   :innocent:

YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME! (I know -- don't look if you can't take it).  But my curiosity gets the better of me...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Flame

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 12:35:45 PM »

eh...I don't much care for cherries....bet it would be good with apple pie filling, though!