Author Topic: Ford to report July sales jump, company official says  (Read 849 times)

Offline thundley4

Ford to report July sales jump, company official says
« on: August 03, 2009, 06:33:05 AM »
CNN) -- Ford Motor Co. saw an increase in domestic sales this July over last, a Ford official told CNN Radio on Sunday. It was the first monthly sales gain claimed by a major automaker since the financial crisis began last year.

While details were not immediately available, Ken Czubay, the automaker's U.S. sales and marketing chief, said retail and vehicle sales increased over July of last year. And the government's new "cash for clunkers" program, which encourages consumers to trade in less fuel-efficient vehicles for new vehicles that get better fuel economy, may have given Ford the boost it needed.

"We've been looking at our forecasting model, and we thought that as a result of President Obama's stimulus actions and basically the consumer getting his feet on the ground a little bit more, that in the fall of this year we'd start to see an increase in business," Czubay said.
"In June it was starting to firm up for Ford Motor Co. a little better than our competitors, but in July, in the beginning of the month, it firmed up and then continued to firm up," Czubay said. "And then, of course, what is known as the 'cash for clunkers' program started a week ago last Friday, and frankly there was a very good response on the part of the American consumer."

Dealers have told Ford executives part of the reason for the automaker's success is that the company did not take federal stimulus money. Czubay, meanwhile, contended Ford is simply offering better products.
CNN

I , for one think it would be hilarious if Ford is the only one to show a boost in sales over last year. 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Ford to report July sales jump, company official says
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 09:51:57 AM »
I think that's exactly what's happening - customers are rewarding Ford by purchasing their products in lieu of Gubmint Motors and The-Other-Piece-of-Shit.

Anyone who's capable of thinking enough to get out of bed in the morning realizes that the gubmint getting involved in the auto industry is a recipe for disaster.

I wouldn't own a GM or Chrysler product if you gave it to me.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.