Author Topic: The American Social Breakdown  (Read 1193 times)

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
The American Social Breakdown
« on: February 23, 2008, 05:37:24 PM »
The funny thing is, this dude only about an hour earlier posted this thread:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2909445

in which many DUmmie rah-rah'ed him and even recommended him for the greatest page.

Midlodemocrat  (1000+ posts)       Fri Feb-22-08 04:58 PM
Response to Original message
1. Welcome to DU!

whereismyparty  (1000+ posts)       Fri Feb-22-08 09:06 PM
Response to Reply #1
71. Yes,. Welcome!!!
 This is the most poignant, heartfelt post I have read in ages. Thank you so much. Have you ever considered a life in politics? With your service record, and your eloquence, people will listen.

Redstone  (1000+ posts)      Fri Feb-22-08 05:07 PM
Response to Reply #9
12. Is THAT the kind of person we could benefit from having at DU, or what?
 I'm damned impressed.

Redstone

Then an hour later he posts the following thread and instantly becomes an outcast. LMAO

NavyVet07 (19 posts)      Fri Feb-22-08 11:41 PM
Original message
The American Social Breakdown
 Advertisements [?]Here in America the society of Americans is one of not only arrogance but of futility. Is there a structure that we have that doesn't require constant shoring and maintenance from the government in order to feebly stand? The answer to that question is sadly no.

Most striking of all policies is that imposed on the private family structure in America. The glamorization of either preteen pregnancies or single parenthood is in the genesis of providing the nation with a burden. The nuclear family has been facing attacks since the 70's to degenerate and break down into multitudes of "illegitimate relationships". This is certainly frightening, based on the concept of human, if not animal nature.

Humans are meant to have a pillar of strength and one of nurturing which lies both within the mother and the father. Without one, a child has a higher potential of dysfunctional behavior while the primary caregiver is placed in a position of an overwhelming economic, social and physical burden. The math, therefore is simple. The more we strain ourselves with splintered families, the worse the nation will cave around itself.

These problems can be solved by not only educating the children, but also the family as a whole. The role of the parent has been diminished through the decades due to many reasons. Since we have either been voided of the responsibility of parenthood or quite simply desensitized, it would be prudent to train future parents on the responsibilities of child rearing and teaching the path of a responsible adult.

I've always been a firm advocate in beginning a strong family and nation from within the home. If we produce strong, intelligent children then they have some of the strongest most prolific traits any man or woman can inherit. However, if we rely on children to raise themselves then we should expect nothing less than a regression into feral beings.

wuushew (1000+ posts)      Fri Feb-22-08 11:44 PM
1. Boy are you in the wrong place

Jim Sagle (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-23-08 02:01 AM
Response to Reply #1
29. Even Free Republic would ban this guy. He's almost in Stormfront territory.

TWriterD  (1000+ posts)      Fri Feb-22-08 11:48 PM
4. Dan Quayle, is that you? (n/t)

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2911485

Hero to zero in two threads. :rotf:

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: The American Social Breakdown
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 05:44:15 PM »
That is classic and should be preserved for all eternity. :rotf:

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 05:48:57 PM »
Canuckistanian  (1000+ posts)         Sat Feb-23-08 12:04 AM
10. Take a break
   You've got a successful post, rising up the Greatest Page.

Now, reflect for a while and THINK about what you want to say next.

Hone it down to a basic message. THEN post.

You said things we want to hear.

Make sure you know what we don`t want to hear.

Post only what we want to hear.

Fixed it. :bwah:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 05:53:34 PM by Carl »

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 07:13:47 PM »
I see nothing wrong with what this guy said. The DUmmie is right though, FR does ban the Stormfront types.

asdjrocky  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-23-08 01:05 AM
22. I smell something strange.

When's the last time you had a bath?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 07:18:44 PM by darkangel82 »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 07:46:04 PM »
Reminds me of my sad little pony. They can't take a counter view much less the truth.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.