Author Topic: 2008 voting rate down as older whites stayed home  (Read 1182 times)

Offline thundley4

2008 voting rate down as older whites stayed home
« on: July 20, 2009, 06:20:55 PM »
WASHINGTON (AP) - For all the attention generated by last year's presidential race, census figures show the share of eligible voters who actually went to the polls in November declined from 2004.
Census figures released Monday show about 63.6 percent of eligible voters, or 131.1 million people, cast ballots last November. Although that represented an increase of 5 million voters, the turnout was a decrease when taking into account population growth. In 2004, the voting rate was 63.8 percent.
According to the data, more older whites opted to stay home compared with 2004, citing little interest in supporting either Barack Obama or John McCain.
Breitbart

I guess those old white folks must not be too racist, or they'd have voted just to keep the black man down. It would be interesting to see how that decline in eligible voters breaks down by race. I'm thinking more blacks voted this time and significantly fewer whites voted. McCain was a lame ass candidate, and inspired nobody.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: 2008 voting rate down as older whites stayed home
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 06:36:58 PM »
Cracka ass crackas! That's why we're stuck with this inexperienced jackass?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: 2008 voting rate down as older whites stayed home
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 07:08:41 PM »
McCain was a lame ass candidate, and inspired nobody.

I agree.  I voted for him reluctantly.  It was a choice between being told you would be thrown out of a plane at 10,000 feet or 10,001 feet; you knew neither one was going to be pretty.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.