Author Topic: Kucinich to Investigate 9/11 Insider Trading  (Read 2655 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Kucinich to Investigate 9/11 Insider Trading
« on: February 23, 2008, 10:50:52 AM »
It's afive alarm fire on Skins Island

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3194333

Hissyspit  (1000+ posts)       Fri Feb-22-08 11:37 PM
Original message
 Advertisements [?]Source: Jones Report.com

"I'm not afraid to ask questions about 9/11"

Aaron Dykes / JonesReport.com | February 20, 2008

Congressman Dennis Kucinich revealed that he is initiating an investigation into the insider trading that took place leading up to 9/11, particularly in regards to put options placed on American Airlines and United Airlines stock.

- snip -

Kucinich said it was the bizarre record-level put options that caught his attention initially. The odd trades heavily indicate prior knowledge of the September 11 attacks and have raised a number of questions that Kucinich hopes to probe. "First of all, I'm not afraid to ask questions about 9/11," Kucinich told the Alex Jones Show.

- snip -

But Kucinich hopes that inquiries in a committee hearing would clarify the information and answer questions. "I think we need to talk to the people who were involved in making those transactions in order to try to figure out why they were made, for example, American Airlines and United Airlines stock." Kucinich said.

At least two FBI agents have been previously charged for their smaller roles in the insider trading. The NY Times has reported on the cases, but larger coverage of the issue has been largely ignored by the mainstream media, and no larger probe has been underway until now.

As one can imagine this fire is burning out of control

whistle  (1000+ posts)       Fri Feb-22-08 11:43 PM
Response to Original message
1. I hope that effort blows the 9/11 deception wide open
 <snip>
Insider Trading
Pre-9/11 Put Options on Companies Hurt by Attack Indicates Foreknowledge
Financial transactions in the days before the attack suggest that certain individuals used foreknowledge of the attack to reap huge profits. 1

The evidence of insider trading includes:

Huge surges in purchases of put options on stocks of the two airlines used in the attack -- United Airlines and American Airlines
Surges in purchases of put options on stocks of reinsurance companies expected to pay out billions to cover losses from the attack -- Munich Re and the AXA Group
Surges in purchases of put options on stocks of financial services companies hurt by the attack -- Merrill Lynch & Co., and Morgan Stanley and Bank of America
Huge surge in purchases of call options of stock of a weapons manufacturer expected to gain from the attack -- Raytheon
Huge surges in purchases of 5-Year US Treasury Notes

In each case, the anomalous purchases translated into large profits as soon as the stock market opened a week after the attack: put options were used on stocks that would be hurt by the attack, and call options were used on stocks that would benefit.

<MORE>

http://911research.wtc7.net/sept11/stockputs.html

truthisfreedom (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-23-08 01:01 AM
Response to Reply #14
15. Don't be surprised if there are no records available and it all ends with a bushco shrug.
 As has been the standard.

Captain Angry  (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-23-08 01:04 AM
Response to Reply #15
17. This would be different.
 If the clearing house isn't able to produce the records under subpoena, it would be huge news. Options contracts are too big a part of the financial world. Hedging risk in a portfolio requires it.

If the records were not in order, it would indicate that there is fraud in the options system. That would shake the market harder than any terrorist attack

tbyg52  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-23-08 06:47 AM
Response to Reply #17
44. God, I hope you are right
 But how many things have gone by in the last seven years that *should* have been huge news? Here's hoping, though.

Baby Snooks (875 posts)     Sat Feb-23-08 01:02 AM
Response to Reply #1
16. Something Congress should have looked at
 The options on American and United alone should have been a red flag but of course Congress apparently decided not to go there. Congress certainly has taken a lot off the table hasn't it?

Someone knew not only that planes were going to be hijacked but that American and United were the airlines whose planes were going to be hijacked.

The other options would indicate someone knew the World Trade Center was a target. And also knew what the response of the Bush Administration would be.

The question is who these people are?

rambler_american  (233 posts)      Sat Feb-23-08 05:44 AM
Response to Reply #16
41. Somewhat OT
 The 911 Commission also inexplicably failed to investigate the collapse of WTC Building 7 which was not hit by any plane and had only relatively small fires. No reason to collapse yet it also fell at free fall speed, and also into its own footprint just as the twin towers did. Combine those facts with the insider trading and it must be concluded that this conspiracy went way beyond a handful of "Islamofascists" in a suicide attack on the US. 

ChiciB1  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-23-08 10:35 AM
Response to Reply #16
82. AND... What May Be Found "Under The Rock" May Surprise Us More
 than we could even IMAGINE! I'm ALL for Kucinich and what he's doing, but PLEASE, PLEASE Dennis BE CAREFUL!!

As I said in another post this AM... my intuition is in HIGH GEAR this AM and I don't know why! I'm not one of those "physic" types, but have experienced about the same amount of Deja Vu and the next one! Yes, I know... BONKERS!!!!

snot  (1000+ posts)      Fri Feb-22-08 11:49 PM
3. i love dennis. But it's frustrating --
 Edited on Fri Feb-22-08 11:51 PM by snot
why did it take even him 7 years to get to this? Follow the money is/shd be obvious/basic -- certainly, it was to a lot of people here. A lot of trails may have gone cold by now.

The trails are cold because................THERE ARE NO TRAILS DUMBASS

pokercat999 (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-23-08 08:01 AM
Response to Reply #6
51. Could be a "back door" to impeachment or by the time
 hearings take place and the public gets interested it could be fodder for the new AG to go after the past admin (2009).

peace13  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-23-08 08:24 AM
Response to Reply #3
55. Why is it his responsibility to do it all? 
 Impeach *, Impeach Shooter, Investigate 911 and what else? He brings it forward and the lazy American people refuse to get up and help him accomplish a thing! His colleagues sit and suck the gravy off of the plate and no one points a finger. Go finger.

sattahipdeep (1000+ posts)     Sat Feb-23-08 09:46 AM
Response to Reply #55
74. These are questions that must be answered by Krongard under oath. 
 Edited on Sat Feb-23-08 09:51 AM by sattahipdeep
See FTW Vol. IV, No 7 - Oct. 15, 2001 Suspicions of CIA advance knowledge
of the attacks were heightened when FTW disclosed that the current Executive
Director of the CIA, A.B. "Buzzy" Krongard was, until 1998, the CEO of A.B.
Brown, the company which handled many of the suspicious trades

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

lisainmilo  (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-23-08 12:38 AM
11. Good I am glad!
 My suspicion starts with why Bush SAT there reading while the towers were being hit, for all any of us knew we could have been hit with nuclear bombs, he didn't know for sure, but he SAT on his ass READING........doesn't make sense. I am glad Dennis is looking further into this.

RC  (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-23-08 01:27 AM
Response to Reply #11
22. The very fact that they did not whisk bu$h out of that school and back on AF1
 should be damning evidence they, i.e., this administration knew what was going down. It was public knowledge that day where bu$h was.

There's much, much more there..............Hurry and run and buy tin foil stocks  :rotf:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 11:00:27 AM by Crazy Horse »
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
Re: Kucinich to Investigate 9/11 Insider Trading
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 10:58:11 AM »
For the last time... THERE'S NO CONSPIRACY UNTIL OLIVER STONE DECIDES THERE'S ONE!  At which time he'll hire Kevin Costner to explain it to us.  Sheesh.   :whatever:

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 11:01:23 AM »

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 02:01:15 PM »
Just read the thing and got to the part of the thread with the photos of the tower collapsing with their loony observations.

Note the explosion popping out the side and front (looks like a smoke puff coming at the camera) You will see this again below

From the picture above and on down the rest you will notice orange spots these are explosions going off BELOW the collapsing wave!

Lurking DUmmies let an average person point out a couple of things that don`t even require an engineering background.

When the buildings began to collapse due to the warping and failing of the floor supports everything began to travel downward...called gravity.
The trapped air underneath that collapse was displaced and was compressed like squeezing a balloon.
A failure of an area of the exterior wall or windows would result in an outrush of that compressed air and along with it debris.

The orange "spots" are likely burning debris that is falling and being caught in the photo as it passes a window.

There is no mystery,no abnormalities (except for what passes as a DUmmes mind).

You can choose to believe what you wish,don`t care,but it means you are not standing in the real world.
It means you are nuts,accept that as a fact if it applies.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:13:21 PM by Carl »

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 02:03:51 PM »
When the buildings began to collapse due to the warping and failing of the floor supports everything began to travel downward...called gravity.

You just lost all the DUmmies right there.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 02:07:30 PM »
He isn't supposed to start on 9-11 until he finishes the UFO investigation, has he finished that? :loser:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 02:12:03 PM »

You just lost all the DUmmies right there.

I forgot about that problem.  :thatsright:

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 02:14:10 PM »
Point of Order: Linda Daschle, wife of then senate minority leader Tom Daschle AND airline lobbyist managed to get a multi-billion dollar gov't bailout package for the airline industry while the insider trading profits were so miniscule as to not even cover the cost of the amount of explosives needed to bring down 3 buildings let alone skyscrapers.

Maybe Kooks-n-itch is looking in the wrong direction...but false flags will do that to you.

:evillaugh:
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 02:17:53 PM »
It's nice to see Denis is keeping busy now that he dropped out of the Presidential race. Personally, if I was him I would have taken up golf with OJ. Maybe together they can find the real murderers and the real hijackers, but this could be fun too.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 02:20:32 PM »
Captain Angry  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-23-08 12:23 PM
Response to Reply #113
114. So true.

But my point is that if stuff were shredded that would scare the hell out of the financial markets because the possibility of manipulation exists.

Option pricing would become screwy, demand would fall, etc. That would be a case of burning the house down to kill a roach.

Well the DUmmies don't mind burning down our house (The US) to kill what they perceive as a roach (Bush).
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 02:26:59 PM »

Gravity is something the DUmbasses never heard of.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 02:27:21 PM »
As a side note.

I have played around with options and it is extremely risky,think I broke even or a little behind but really not something to mess with if you don`t want to lose money.
Buying puts of those specific airlines would really not be a wise move just because although in wake of the attack there probably was a lot of puts that dropped in the money as the whole market took a hit.
I suspect big money would have shorted the stock directly if they "knew" it was going to take a hit rather then take a short position via puts even though cheaper to do that.

If one was really looking ahead and wanted to roll the dice they would have bought many month off out of the money calls on defense contractors.

The whole concept of the thread imo is utter horse apples.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 02:33:53 PM »
Oh my.

Beam Me Up  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-23-08 01:57 PM
Response to Reply #126
138. Wrong. We have lots of answers. There is a cover up.

If you don't know this, you haven't done the research.
   Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

:tinfoil2:

Gonnuts  Donating Member  (346 posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-23-08 01:47 PM
Response to Reply #126
137. Please ... stop

Either you have not spent any time at all researching 9/11, you're completely naive, or you're a shill.

9/11 was a mass murder brazenly committed by a cabal of criminal elites. There are so many holes in the so-called "official story" as to be laughable if it wasn't so tragic. You state there are "lots of questions, no answers, and ultimately wrong", what's "wrong"? The questions or the no answers? And far from there being "murky fever-ridden swamp of conspiracy theories" if you spend just a little time investigating this you'd realize that things are far from "murky" and a conspiracy ceases to be a "theory" once facts are confirmed and there have been more confirmed facts then you can shake a stick at.

So please, the only thing "murky" around here is you. Shill.

DirtyDawg  (263 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-23-08 11:48 AM
99. How about....

...once we find out the truth, will the Atlanta Journal-Constitution apologize to Cynthia McKinney for their vilification of her questioning 'what bushco knew and when did they know it, before the events of 9/11?' Of course they won't, after all their criticism was based on racism and the determination of AIPAC-friends to bring her down for her support of fair-play for Palestinians.

Is that you, gator?

sce56  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-23-08 03:22 PM
Response to Reply #141
148. I would not belive in DEW or HARP or any other thing like that

I know that you can see in those pictures above explosions shooting out the sides of the buildings! People who worked there talked about strange things happening the weeks before new wiring being installed video cameras turned off the weekend before due to power downs. And of course Bldg 7 which fell just like the others yet it was not hit by any plane! The explosion that was felt and heard down below ground level before the plane hit above see eyewitness William Rodriguez's story "Last Man Out"

Building 7 was heavily damaged by the debris from building 1, DUmbass  :thatsright:

Outraged As Usual  (4 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-23-08 02:17 PM
Response to Reply #110
141. Look at the Tower blowing up and out!!

The real proof is not so much in the obvious small charges that were set to turn the steel into truck able lengths for fast removal to China, but the overall effect of the Towers both becoming ' dustified ', with huge plumes of ejected material, some weighing hundreds of tons, being flung far away from the Towers.

What we are seeing folks, is the effects of DEW. That is the ONLY energy force that could blow the Towers apart to the molecular level from the top down. Watch a video of the HUTCHINSON EFFECT on Youtube ..it can be found at the Judy Woods site..and watch. The effects are EXACTLY the same as what happened to the Towers. The DEW weapons, which are either airplane or space based, can concentrate energy on an area and literally shred most materials in it's path.

You must look at the pictures and descriptions of the ' toasted cars' blocks away from the Towers that show all of the unmistakable signs of DEW and Hutchinson effect. Some engine blocks DISAPPEAR from under the hood while the paint on the rear is perfect, some cars flipped upside down while others next to it remain perfect. Round holes seen from above of the entire WTC complex prove an energy source swept the area, not perfectly but staying within the WTC complex, perfectly round small holes in window glass around the Towers, all exactly as seen in the DEw effects.

NO other answer fits ALL the particulars: DEW was used. It is the perfect weapon because it is as secret as can be, although scientifically acknowledged as current possible. Star wars stuff being turned on us, by our Neocon / Mossad pals so the NWO's march to victory worldwide can be started.

I have been for months involved in a forum that covers all this in detail, great detail, and there really is no other answer: DEW turned the Towers to dust. The Towers did NOT collapse, they were shredded faster than gravity could pull the ejecta to earth. Conventional explosives and thermite compounds were used to assist in the clean up and removal, as well as for back up on the totality of the act of destruction, and a huge blast, several really, were experienced at the very lowest levels, which may have been conventional but due to the fact that huge molten pools of steel were smoldering for weeks after the events, most likely a fission device of some type was used to destroy the core at bedrock level ( See William Rodriguez testimony ).

There is enough real and circumstantial evidence right now to convict the Cheney/Mossad/NWO/Oil/etc. cabal for all of the crimes associated with 9-11. getting the media to tell the truth is impossible though, and most Americans are more inclined to trust the wolf even with their chickens, rather than showing a lack of trust in his assurances that all is well and safe.

The Shadow government we have all heard about is no longer in the shadows. They declared their coup on 9-11 and sent anthrax to the only politicians that dared to question the takeover, thus silencing forever any real way to be held accountable. They know that we know that they did it, and they are so confident in their ability to cover and threaten and coerce that they are not even worried. I really fear that all is lost for us, and that the next stage of their plan will finish off what little we have left in the way of rights...it is very serious stuff, yet we still read from those who trust these cabalists and muderers...sad. Or intentional, and that is even scarier still.

DEW (Directed Energy Weapons). Silliest theory I heard yet!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:35:30 PM by Attero Dominatus »
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2008, 02:35:45 PM »

Gravity is something the DUmbasses never heard of.

It is just one of those evil anti-constitutional laws invented by chimpy to extend his reign of fascism.  You just wait.  When the GE happens, chimpy will use this law to declare Marshall Law.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2008, 02:40:11 PM »
1776Forever  Donating Member  (587 posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-23-08 10:25 AM
80. When we talk in later years of truly American hero's Kucinich name will be in the history books!

:headbang: :yourock: :headbang:

:rotf:

rambler_american  Donating Member  (233 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-23-08 05:44 AM
Response to Reply #16
41. Somewhat OT

The 911 Commission also inexplicably failed to investigate the collapse of WTC Building 7 which was not hit by any plane and had only relatively small fires. No reason to collapse yet it also fell at free fall speed, and also into its own footprint just as the twin towers did. Combine those facts with the insider trading and it must be concluded that this conspiracy went way beyond a handful of "Islamofascists" in a suicide attack on the US.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 03:28:15 PM »
9/11 Commission Report, chapter 5, note 130:
Highly publicized allegations of insider trading in advance of 9/11 generally rest on reports of unusual pre-9/11 trading activity in companies whose stock plummeted after the attacks. Some unusual trading did in fact occur, but each such trade proved to have an innocuous explanation. For example, the volume of put options--investments that pay off only when a stock drops in price--surged in the parent companies of United Airlines on September 6 and American Airlines on September 10--highly suspicious trading on its face. Yet, further investigation has revealed that the trading had no connection with 9/11. A single U.S.-based institutional investor with no conceivable ties to al Qaeda purchased 95 percent of the UAL puts on September 6 as part of a trading strategy that also included buying 115,000 shares of American on September 10. Similarly, much of the seemingly suspicious trading in American on September 10 was traced to a specific U.S.-based options trading newsletter, faxed to its subscribers on Sunday, September 9, which recommended these trades. These examples typify the evidence examined by the investigation. The SEC and the FBI, aided by other agencies and the securities industry, devoted enormous resources to investigating this issue, including securing the cooperation of many foreign governments. These investigators have found that the apparently suspicious consistently proved innocuous. Joseph Cella interview (Sept. 16, 2003; May 7, 2004; May 10-11, 2004); FBI briefing (Aug. 15, 2003); SEC memo, Division of Enforcement to SEC Chair and Commissioners, "Pre-September 11, 2001 Trading Review," May 15, 2002; Ken Breen interview (Apr. 23, 2004); Ed G. interview (Feb. 3, 2004).

The little alien dwarf is doing nothing but playing to his crazy tinfoil followers. The beauty (or ugliness) of the conspiracy theory is that it can never be disproven, at least in the eyes of the tinfoil nutter. All they have to do is just create another CT by claiming the investigation was fixed or some such BS.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself