Author Topic: Bouncy: I just got a call from my Congressman's office (R)  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
Bouncy: I just got a call from my Congressman's office (R)
« on: February 21, 2008, 07:47:37 PM »
glowing  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Feb-21-08 07:43 PM
Original message
I just got a call from my Congressman's office (R)...

Advertisements [?]
Apparantly, me a (D), is the only one that bothered sending him a Christmas Card. Other than that I pushed the Impeachment thing.. and was told that the Dems were the one's that silenced that issue concerning HR 333, and that another is sitting in judicial review in regards to Bush. I said congratulations.. Bush now has a 19% approval rating. She asked with a science degree, if I would consider teaching. I told her I have major concerns with the curriculum and the NCLB. But I may consider doing it for a while... My 3yr old son asked me to go be a teacher. It was cute.

So, the only real news that I have is that the Washington insiders seem to think a really strong 3rd party candidate is about to magically appear. Don't know who? But seems like someone big is about to throw their hat into the ring.. Sometimes, its really good to talk to the other side.. And I thought it was nice that they called me this time. She said she was checking in because I hadn't written in a little while. They love to have conversations with Dems like me because I listen to what they say, consider it, and tell them in clear, concise detailed reasons with back up examples as to why I agree or disagree. I also told his assistant, I might have to take him on one of these days when I'm older. She thought I would make quite a fomidable opponent.

In the mean time.. I floated my idea about trying to form a non-profit org. and get enough donations and grants to buy a larger apt. building for homeless families to give them a leg up to save money and get back on their feet--with a store front bottom to provide income in. If our govt refuses, then it is up to the rest of us to continue on with the good fight. So, I think I'll work on a few favors, since I haven't completely pissed my rep of yet, and get some of those things we really need. It was amazing that I got the call. Apparently, they like my little thoughts and ideas and backside info coming from town. I don't tell them too much.. I keep it even toned. I did tell her my thoughts on the Pres. election. She was surprised by my statements as to NONE OF THE ABOVE. She was really surprised on my take on Obama since I am a young voter. And that's when she landed the 3rd party info. Should be interesting to say the least to see what shakes out.

Refresh | 1 Recommendations    Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2904952

Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Bouncy: I just got a call from my Congressman's office (R)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 07:54:30 PM »
They love to have conversations with Dems like me because I listen to what they say, consider it, and tell them in clear, concise detailed reasons with back up examples as to why I agree or disagree.

:rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao:

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 08:32:50 PM »
The only time a Congressman's office has called me is during a campaign (usually a recorded message) and on the couple of occasions that I asked them for specific help with a problem. In the unlikely event that the DUmbass actually received an unsolicited call it was probably a check on her welfare. They had received so many nutty letters they were concerned that she might be a danger to herself or others.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 04:01:16 PM »
Where do they get the 18% number for Bush?

Real clear Politics has it at 33.2% http://www.realclearpolitics.com/polls/archive/?poll_id=19

Are they confusing the democrat congress's numbers of 24%?

Is this some kinf of moonbat poll?

I don't know why the DUmbasses think hyperbole will win anyone over.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 04:07:07 PM »

Real clear Politics has it at 33.2% http://www.realclearpolitics.com/polls/archive/?poll_id=19

LOL that is what I was going to say.  You stole my thunder.   :tongue:

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 04:14:06 PM »

It's a poll on approval of Bush for the economy
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.