Author Topic: What one bumper sticker on a rental car in Europe might make me look non-America  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2904885

DemoTex  (1000+ posts)         Thu Feb-21-08 07:32 PM
Original message
What one bumper sticker on a rental car in Europe might make me look non-American?
   Advertisements [?]

I'm renting a Prius in Milan and driving around northern Italy and Switzerland in late May and early June. Dr. D. has a business meeting in Verona.
I want to be "invisible", with respect to being from the USA. I have a great beret that I'll wear, and European shoes. What else can I do?
I'm thinking of a simple bumper sticker that might be uniquely European .. or Italian (the Prius will probably have Italian plates) .. non-controversial .. that might make us more European looking.
I originally thought about slapping a DemocraticUnderground bumper sticker (I have many!) on the rent car, but that would let the cat out of the bag. Maybe.
Ideas?

Just move there,you have already proved you aren`t an American to me. :bird:

Fibber Tom shows up.
TomInTib  (1000+ posts)        Thu Feb-21-08 07:38 PM
Response to Original message
6. Listen to Nadine, Mac.
   A bumper sticker screams "American".

By the way, don't forget to remove that flag pin from your lapel.

**** you asshole! :banghead:

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
TomInTib  (1000+ posts)        Thu Feb-21-08 07:38 PM
Response to Original message
6. Listen to Nadine, Mac.
   A bumper sticker screams "American".

By the way, don't forget to remove that flag pin from your lapel.

Hey TomInTib!

:bird: :bird:
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
Look bitch, just ****ing leave already if you're that embarrassed to be an American. We won't miss you, I promise.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline jukin

Hey asshole don't be too anti-American in N. Italy.  They like us quite a bit up there.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

If you want to look like someone totally unassociated with America, it's hard to beat a "Democratic Underground" bumpersticker.   

I have to say some of the DU comments are right at least with respect to northern Europe, bumper stickers aren't very common there.  It also better come off pretty easily unless you want to pay for two hours of European union labor to clean it off when you return the car.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Put an "America Sucks" sticker on your car. Do a little experiment on how anti-American Europeans really are.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Hey Demotex...
 :bird:

:bigbird:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.