Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: President Obama Defends Right to Choose Best Care  (Read 1300 times)

Offline thundley4

For the wealthy anyway.
President Obama struggled to explain today whether his health care reform proposals would force normal Americans to make sacrifices that wealthier, more powerful people -- like the president himself -- wouldn't face.
*snip*
Devinsky asked the president pointedly if he would be willing to promise that he wouldn't seek such extraordinary help for his wife or daughters if they became sick and the public plan he's proposing limited the tests or treatment they can get.
The president refused to make such a pledge, though he allowed that if "it's my family member, if it's my wife, if it's my children, if it's my grandmother, I always want them to get the very best care.
ABC News

Just another limousine liberal.  He showed that when he killed the DC voucher program. He's just another "uncle Tom" helping to keep the poor and the blacks on the DimRat plantation.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: EXCLUSIVE: President Obama Defends Right to Choose Best Care
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 12:46:41 PM »
You don't expect him to give up the Buffet-Soros bloc do you?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 12:52:20 PM »
You don't expect him to give up the Buffet-Soros bloc do you?

Nope, but I can hope that the Republicans will use that to their advantage. We're screwed.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 12:56:29 PM »
Nope, but I can hope that the Republicans will use that to their advantage. We're screwed.
I don't know if I'm quite willing to hold my breath but it is a hopeful sign when ABC--the network that whored itself for the infomercial--reports the exchange in such damning terms:

Devinsky asked the president pointedly if he would be willing to promise that he wouldn't seek such extraordinary help for his wife or daughters if they became sick and the public plan he's proposing limited the tests or treatment they can get. The president refused to make such a pledge...

That line is going to be the soundbite heard around the nation.

Any idea if DU picked-up on it?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 01:25:14 PM »
I don't know if I'm quite willing to hold my breath but it is a hopeful sign when ABC--the network that whored itself for the infomercial--reports the exchange in such damning terms:

That line is going to be the soundbite heard around the nation.

Any idea if DU picked-up on it?

Only a few responses to the OP on DU about this. They attack ABC for using "class warfare" against Dear Leader.  The DUmmies are too stupid to realize that they are useless/useful idiots for 0Bama and the elite liberals. It's not about helping them, it's about controlling the populace.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x8496095

Offline Bluesuiter-Retired

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 02:33:34 AM »
Only 4.7 million folks tuned in to watch the ABC lovefest.

The death on Thursday of Farrah Fawset and the child molester have upstaged the obama ABC lovefest.

America - Love It, or LEAVE

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 03:00:10 AM »
Only 4.7 million folks tuned in to watch the ABC lovefest.

I am not so sure that a small audience watching it is such a good thing. There are a lot of dumb asses out there who did not watch and will assume the health care plan is OK. Kinda like the TARP and stimulus plan. After it gets passed, it will be too late to oppose or reverse it.