Author Topic: Relative of murdered Dallas girls: “This was an honor killing;” father abused da  (Read 2770 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Before the service, the girls’ mother and brother issued a public appeal for Mr. Said to surrender. Patricia Said said her husband needed to be brought to justice so that her “girls can rest in peace.” She said that she and her son would remain in hiding until her husband is captured.

“I just want him to pay for what he did to my girls,” Mrs. Said said.

Islam Said has previously disputed widespread rumors and media reports that his Muslim father’s religion may have been the reason for the killings. Some have speculated that the deaths may have been “honor killings,” a practice in which a man kills a female relative who he believes has somehow shamed the family.

Patricia Said mourned the loss of her daughters at a Baptist service Saturday at Rahma Funeral Home.

Irving police have said that they are exploring all possible motives for the slayings. Police have acknowledged that the family had some previous domestic problems.

Gail Gartrell, the sisters’ great-aunt, said Saturday that Mr. Said had physically abused the two girls for years. Around Christmas, the girls’ mother – Ms. Gartrell’s niece – had fled because of Mr. Said’s threats to kill the girls after he learned they had boyfriends, she said.

“She ran with them because she knew he would carry out the threat,” Ms. Gartrell said. “This was an honor killing.”

She said her niece returned after Mr. Said told her that he would move out so they could reconcile. Within a few days, she said, the girls were dead.

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/01/06/relative-of-murdered-dallas-girls-this-was-an-honor-killing-father-abused-daughters/

Damn. Just damn.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline bijou

It's a big problem here. You might be interested to listen to this segment from a radio programme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/womanshour/01/2007_24_fri.shtml