Author Topic: This is absolutely maddening!  (Read 2990 times)

Offline 5412

This is absolutely maddening!
« on: June 23, 2009, 12:03:30 PM »
Hi,

I wrote my Republican senator and told him to vote no on any and all health care reform, it is just a march toward socialized medicine.  I get his standard form letter back and it point out that 15 million Americans have no health insurance and something must be done about it.

I WANT TO SCREAM AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS......  Yesterday I heard on the radio that almost 80% of Americans have health care insurance and are pleased or at least satisfied with it.  So the first premise is we destroy our current system and penalize those who have good insurance and care by taking away some of their care and increasing their cost by taxing their benefits?  Once again, punish the achievers for the sake of those who are just poor victims.

And then, the dear Senator seems to forget that health care and health care insurance are not one in the same.  THAT IS WHY THEY HAVE MEDICAID.  YOU CAN BE FLAT BROKE AND GO TO THE HOSPITAL AND YOU WILL RECIEVE THE SAME GOOD CARE AS THE PERSON WITH THE BEST BLUE CROSS PLAN GOING AND THE TAXPAYERS WILL FOOT THE BILL.  The fact they may have no insurance does not mean they have no health care at all.

If the government is so doggone concerned about the cost of free health care, perhaps they should stop providing it for people who are in this country illegally.

End of rant!

Damn,

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: This is absolutely maddening!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 11:08:21 PM »
It's all about CONTROL.........
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 12:20:15 AM »
Obama and all politicians in DC should share in the pain in the form of higher cost and limited health care. In other words, the old farts in Congress would have to wait their turn with single payer health care just like everyone else. Secondly, if the procedure is too expensive and you are over a certain age, you would be denied care and be sent home to die.

Offline 5412

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 09:26:37 AM »
Obama and all politicians in DC should share in the pain in the form of higher cost and limited health care. In other words, the old farts in Congress would have to wait their turn with single payer health care just like everyone else. Secondly, if the procedure is too expensive and you are over a certain age, you would be denied care and be sent home to die.

Hi,

I have a real problem with the last sentence.  If one has worked hard all his life and saved his money, no one should have the right to deny health care to them.  By that I mean this.....  I have no problem if the government does not want to pay for the care, but do not take away my right to buy good insurance that will pay for it and get the threatment.
regards,

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 09:34:33 AM »
Somewhere in Princeton, New Jersey, Grover Cleveland is flipping in his grave like pancakes.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 10:09:33 AM »
5412, you forget that Congress & the Senate have some of the best health care around. They should be FORCED to be treated through the VA health care system. Perhaps then, they wouldn't be so anxious to have Govt run health care. Poor and indigent people can still get treated at many hospitals.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 11:53:03 AM »
Hi,

I have a real problem with the last sentence.  If one has worked hard all his life and saved his money, no one should have the right to deny health care to them.  By that I mean this.....  I have no problem if the government does not want to pay for the care, but do not take away my right to buy good insurance that will pay for it and get the threatment.
regards,

That brand of health care will force an old fart like me to pack up and move out of this country. I am afraid what is going to happen is that a government health care system will eventually crowd out the private sector because they will not be able to compete. An insurance provider that can not make money will go out of business resulting in the entire industry being run by the government. Government control is Obama and the Democrap's goals.

Offline 5412

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 03:53:30 PM »
That brand of health care will force an old fart like me to pack up and move out of this country. I am afraid what is going to happen is that a government health care system will eventually crowd out the private sector because they will not be able to compete. An insurance provider that can not make money will go out of business resulting in the entire industry being run by the government. Government control is Obama and the Democrap's goals.

Hi,

You and me both.  I am 69 going on 70.  Problem is where do we go and how do we get our money out?  Are you aware that most countries will not take us because of our age?

regards,

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 02:23:50 AM »
Hi,

You and me both.  I am 69 going on 70.  Problem is where do we go and how do we get our money out?  Are you aware that most countries will not take us because of our age?

regards,

2 years older than you. I did not know that there was any age restrictions. I will check out Panama. I don't think getting the money out will be a problem. Might have to sell assets such as gold and silver coins.

Offline 5412

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 06:35:00 AM »
2 years older than you. I did not know that there was any age restrictions. I will check out Panama. I don't think getting the money out will be a problem. Might have to sell assets such as gold and silver coins.

Hi,

Better talk to some folks who are smarter than I.  If the dollar tanks as it likely will the common thing for government to do is first call in all the gold.  If you get caught with gold after it is called it you lose it, they just confiscate it.  It would be almost impossible to take it out of the country as it is easily detected.

I know when Brazil's dollar tanked their government also did not allow you to take money out of the country.  I know that if you left the country permanently they have a heavy tax on your money.  Much like the death tax, the idea is it is not your money, you are just temporary custodian of the government's money.

You might want to check into the Perth Mint Certificates....

regards,

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 01:53:43 AM »
Hi,

Better talk to some folks who are smarter than I.  If the dollar tanks as it likely will the common thing for government to do is first call in all the gold.  If you get caught with gold after it is called it you lose it, they just confiscate it.  It would be almost impossible to take it out of the country as it is easily detected.

I know when Brazil's dollar tanked their government also did not allow you to take money out of the country.  I know that if you left the country permanently they have a heavy tax on your money.  Much like the death tax, the idea is it is not your money, you are just temporary custodian of the government's money.

You might want to check into the Perth Mint Certificates....

regards,

The mint is selling gold coins for around a thousand dollars an ounce. The government is making a killing off of gold coins if they are using that $35 an ounce gold that they confiscated. I look for gold to get up to $1,500 to $2,000 in the next couple of years. When it does, I will sell.

Panama offers retirees many benefits but also has negatives like language, different culture and
customs and economic stability. I read where a bank there went bankrupt and depositors were not able to withdraw their money. Their economy has been hit hard by the recession also. Belize is a great place which is more expensive and is English speaking but does not have adequate medical facilities. Looks like I will wade it out in the USA. 

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 04:25:04 PM »
Hi,

regards,
Here's a video of the zero, check out what he says at the end.  :censored: Link
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline 5412

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 08:09:10 PM »
The mint is selling gold coins for around a thousand dollars an ounce. The government is making a killing off of gold coins if they are using that $35 an ounce gold that they confiscated. I look for gold to get up to $1,500 to $2,000 in the next couple of years. When it does, I will sell.

Panama offers retirees many benefits but also has negatives like language, different culture and
customs and economic stability. I read where a bank there went bankrupt and depositors were not able to withdraw their money. Their economy has been hit hard by the recession also. Belize is a great place which is more expensive and is English speaking but does not have adequate medical facilities. Looks like I will wade it out in the USA. 

Hi,

Is there a way you can send em an email.  I have talked to many folks much wiser than I.  Here is the problem.  When Roosevelt confiscated the gold he made the public sell their gold for dollars.  Once he got all the gold he then decreed that the gold he paid $20/oz is now worth $35/oz.  In effect that devalued the dollar by 60%.  I was holding a good number of gold coins and called the guy who sold them to me who has been in the business for over 30 years.  I bought the coins from him 20 years ago.  I bluntly said that I have coins so they would not be confiscated.  He told me things have changed since he sold me the coins.  The government has now decreed that to be considered a collectible a coin must be more than 50% higher than the gold content or it is considered bullion and subject to confiscation.  That means that if you have a $20 goild piece your grandma gave you, when the get around to confiscating the gold you would have to sell it for worthless dollars.  If you do not, you are breaking the law and if they catch you they will flat our confiscate the gold.

Second problem is this.  If you try to take more than $10,000 out of the country you have to declare it.  Particularly if you tried to take gold out, they would catch it and flat our confiscate it.

Third problem is that I know Brazil among other countries, when their currency was tanking, made it illegal to take money out of the country.  You and I may want to leave but by then we may well not be able to take anything with us.  Would not put anything past this current government when it comes to that sort of thing.  Their current attitude is that it is not our money, it is their money and we are holding it temporarily until we die and then they will confiscate much of it.

Now I have taken several proactive steps, totally legal at this point, to hedge against this situation.  If you want to email me please put CONSERVATIVE CAVE or something in capital letters as it will come through in my junk mail. 

I joined the Sovereign Society (inexpensive) which I would recommend.  I also signed up for their International Living magazine and they have an entire group that deals with folks like us trying to get out.  Panama is OK for the moment, Costa Rica peaked a few years ago.  I inquired about New Zealand and Australia as I have a niece practicing medicine in NZ.  Too old, no matter how much money we bring with us, they do not want us on their health care system.  My niece is performing surgery on folks who have now waited for two years, not so sure I want that system.  I think that Panama might be one where we could get health care if we are willing to pay for it.

My guess is there will be a number of doctors who will leave and go somewhere nice and set up a nice private pay clinic that will offer darn good health care, and probably not too expensive because they will not have the lawyers to contend with like we have here.  I just want to know where that place will be .  My neighbor is a top surgeon and he is in the look and so I will know when that happens.

regards,

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 02:27:30 AM »
Hi,

Is there a way you can send em an email.  I have talked to many folks much wiser than I.  Here is the problem.  When Roosevelt confiscated the gold he made the public sell their gold for dollars.  Once he got all the gold he then decreed that the gold he paid $20/oz is now worth $35/oz.  In effect that devalued the dollar by 60%.  I was holding a good number of gold coins and called the guy who sold them to me who has been in the business for over 30 years.  I bought the coins from him 20 years ago.  I bluntly said that I have coins so they would not be confiscated.  He told me things have changed since he sold me the coins.  The government has now decreed that to be considered a collectible a coin must be more than 50% higher than the gold content or it is considered bullion and subject to confiscation.  That means that if you have a $20 goild piece your grandma gave you, when the get around to confiscating the gold you would have to sell it for worthless dollars.  If you do not, you are breaking the law and if they catch you they will flat our confiscate the gold.

Second problem is this.  If you try to take more than $10,000 out of the country you have to declare it.  Particularly if you tried to take gold out, they would catch it and flat our confiscate it.

Third problem is that I know Brazil among other countries, when their currency was tanking, made it illegal to take money out of the country.  You and I may want to leave but by then we may well not be able to take anything with us.  Would not put anything past this current government when it comes to that sort of thing.  Their current attitude is that it is not our money, it is their money and we are holding it temporarily until we die and then they will confiscate much of it.

Now I have taken several proactive steps, totally legal at this point, to hedge against this situation.  If you want to email me please put CONSERVATIVE CAVE or something in capital letters as it will come through in my junk mail. 

I joined the Sovereign Society (inexpensive) which I would recommend.  I also signed up for their International Living magazine and they have an entire group that deals with folks like us trying to get out.  Panama is OK for the moment, Costa Rica peaked a few years ago.  I inquired about New Zealand and Australia as I have a niece practicing medicine in NZ.  Too old, no matter how much money we bring with us, they do not want us on their health care system.  My niece is performing surgery on folks who have now waited for two years, not so sure I want that system.  I think that Panama might be one where we could get health care if we are willing to pay for it.

My guess is there will be a number of doctors who will leave and go somewhere nice and set up a nice private pay clinic that will offer darn good health care, and probably not too expensive because they will not have the lawyers to contend with like we have here.  I just want to know where that place will be .  My neighbor is a top surgeon and he is in the look and so I will know when that happens.

regards,

I ran across a great website for anyone wanting to invest in gold. The web site is www.cmi-gold-silver.com/gold-confiscation-1933.html. They are interested in not only selling precious metals but educating novices like myself with articles such as Myths & Lies of Gold Confiscation, best coins to buy, reportable cash transactions, coin grading scam, etc. etc. A wealth of information here.

If I decided to leave the US, I would liquidate most of my assets, set up an account overseas and wire them the money. At the present time, there is nothing illegal about that. However, this administration is trying to force other countries such as Switzerland to provide them the names of US citizens that have offshore accounts. Without any evidence of tax evasion, the IRS could audit anyone they chose which would send a chilling effect on banks in small countries like Panama. Depositor catching wind of this might make a run on the banks. Additonally, no FDIC guarantees on foreign banks if they went under. Obama and his goons are hell bent on sucking every dime they can out of us.

I checked out NZ and Australia and they only want the rich. Belize is a possibility. However, it is expensive with little health care facilities. My main concern is health care. If Obama screws that up, I will find somewhere else to live. It looks like a watered down health care plan will get passed rather than a government controlled one. However, in 10 to 15 years, I look for it to be a single payer system. By that time, the government will have squeezed the private insurance companies out of business and we will have rationed care with salary caps for doctors and hospitals. 

Offline 5412

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 08:18:56 AM »
Hi,

What did you find out about NZ and Aus?  I looked on their website and called them and would swear that it said if you were over 60 you could not emigrate.  Before that it used to be that you had to bring a million dollars to show you would be self supporting..

regards,

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 02:16:39 PM »
Hi,

What did you find out about NZ and Aus?  I looked on their website and called them and would swear that it said if you were over 60 you could not emigrate.  Before that it used to be that you had to bring a million dollars to show you would be self supporting..

regards,

For Aus, it was a $634,000 deposit for 4 years held by the government that earned no interest and proof that you had a yearly income over $40k. The first visa cost a small amount; the second hit you for $8k. Cross that country off my list.

NZ does not have a retirement policy. Someone was selling a book that took you thru the many steps of obtaining a visa and I assume retirement status. Also, I could not find any financial requirements.Too complex for me.

I read an article that the US does not have a retirement policy. The US government is missing a great deal of income cause there are plenty of people that would love to retire here that are well off. Oh well, our dumb ass politicians are hell bent on running some of us out of the country.