Author Topic: President Obama to Extend Benefits to Same-Sex Partners of Federal Employees  (Read 698 times)

Offline thundley4

ABC News has learned that tomorrow President Obama will sign a presidential memorandum extending benefits to the same-sex partners of gay and lesbian federal employees.

The move was long planned, sources say, though it comes at a time that gay and lesbian supporters of the president are expressing anger and disappointment at his inaction on rescinding Don't Ask/Dont Tell, his opposition to same-sex marriage, and his support for the anti-same-sex-marriage Defense of Marriage Act in a legal brief that compared same-sex unions to incestuous ones.
Link

Looks like 0Bama is tossing a bone to the gays after tossing them under the bus recently.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Do not ever use the words, "bone" and "gays" in the same sentence ever again.

That being said, nice to see OUR tax dollars are being spent wisely again.  Wasn't it Zero who said we were broke a few weeks ago?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
You said "bone" tee hee.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle