Author Topic: Time for the player's association to go to court and sue  (Read 1402 times)

Offline 5412

Time for the player's association to go to court and sue
« on: June 16, 2009, 06:00:29 PM »
Hi Folks,

Well, like the rest of you I just read that Sammy tested positive for some type of steroids. That is nothing that I did not suspect.

At the same time, we are a country that has a rule of law. Following is a blurb from the article I read:

The lawyers who spoke to the Times didn't know which substance Sosa tested positive for.

The list of names of the 104 players who tested positive were sealed by court order. The lawyers who talked to the Times defied that order in leaking Sosa's name.

If that happens to be true, then the lawyers who leaked Sosa's name should be sued and disbarred.

Any member of the bar association that violates a sealed court order should lose his ability to practice law.

I am in no way, shape or form condoning Sammy, nor do I wish this was covered up. At the same time each and every one of us has medical records that are confidential and when the judge issued a court order to seal the results, then the lawyers placed them above the law. How would you feel if it were your medical records??

regards,

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Time for the player's association to go to court and sue
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 06:08:05 PM »
The steroid/PED problem has been handled so poorly by MLB and the player's union forever.  Most writers glamorizing the "glory days" have also been ignorant of the rampant use of amphetamines during the 60's, 70's, & 80's.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline 5412

Re: Time for the player's association to go to court and sue
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 08:22:40 PM »
The steroid/PED problem has been handled so poorly by MLB and the player's union forever.  Most writers glamorizing the "glory days" have also been ignorant of the rampant use of amphetamines during the 60's, 70's, & 80's.

Hi,

I am one who believe that athletes, like the rest of us, are not above the law.  At the same time, neither are the lawyers who knowingly defied a court order.

Seems that the current administration is ignoring the law so I guess everyone can now....

regards,