Author Topic: The Sad Truth Behind the Anti-Obama Facade  (Read 804 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
The Sad Truth Behind the Anti-Obama Facade
« on: June 15, 2009, 09:12:35 PM »
Posted 6/15/2009 6:47 AM CDT
Houston Chronicles

As I began reading an editorial by Charles Krauthammer yesterday, I was reminded of two other op-ed pieces I read in the last few days, one by Frank Rich and one by Paul Krugman.

In the first two paragraphs of Krauthammer’s piece were references to President Obama as “the philosopher-king,” the President’s “lofty perception of himself,” and that he “sees himself as messianic,” as he “hovers above mere mortals.”

Seeing where this was going, another typical hit-piece from the panic-stricken, anti-Obama, right-wing media, I skipped to the last paragraph where Krauthammer closed with this:

“And hovering above it all, above country and history, is a sign not of transcendence but of a disturbing ambivalence toward one's own country.”

There it is. The familiar theme from the right, President Obama is anti-American. I’m surprised Krauthammer didn’t bring up the birth certificate nonsense.

Full Article

=======================================================

No, you moron!  :bird: I don't like Obama because he is naive, not because he is Black. What the hell does it have to do with him being Black. We already had six Black Presidents.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline 5412

Re: The Sad Truth Behind the Anti-Obama Facade
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 10:48:37 PM »
Posted 6/15/2009 6:47 AM CDT
Houston Chronicles

As I began reading an editorial by Charles Krauthammer yesterday, I was reminded of two other op-ed pieces I read in the last few days, one by Frank Rich and one by Paul Krugman.

In the first two paragraphs of Krauthammer’s piece were references to President Obama as “the philosopher-king,” the President’s “lofty perception of himself,” and that he “sees himself as messianic,” as he “hovers above mere mortals.”

Seeing where this was going, another typical hit-piece from the panic-stricken, anti-Obama, right-wing media, I skipped to the last paragraph where Krauthammer closed with this:

“And hovering above it all, above country and history, is a sign not of transcendence but of a disturbing ambivalence toward one's own country.”

There it is. The familiar theme from the right, President Obama is anti-American. I’m surprised Krauthammer didn’t bring up the birth certificate nonsense.

Full Article

=======================================================

No, you moron!  :bird: I don't like Obama because he is naive, not because he is Black. What the hell does it have to do with him being Black. We already had six Black Presidents.

Hi,

Well I read the entire article and my blood pressure is through the roof.  Perhaps someone should write the truth.  It seems that anyone and everyone who criticizes the president, including those who attend tea parties, are really racists at heart.  Criticize BO.....their typical response is you are a racist.  It's automatic and the guy from Houston is just another lemming who got his button pushed and he spewed out the same old garbage.....

regards,